Intermittent Fasting Support

2»

Replies

• laurenb113
    laurenb113 Posts: 3 Member
    I started the 16:8 IF yesterday while sticking to 1,200 calories. I'm finding that it's not hard to fast from 7pm-11am, but I am hungry throughout the afternoon once I break the fast. Anyone else feel that way?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    laurenb113 wrote: »
    I started the 16:8 IF yesterday while sticking to 1,200 calories. I'm finding that it's not hard to fast from 7pm-11am, but I am hungry throughout the afternoon once I break the fast. Anyone else feel that way?

Is 1,200 an appropriate calorie goal for you? Generally, that's the very lowest a woman should go and it's way too low for many women.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,154 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    COGypsy wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    I like to wait til about noon for first real meal. I drink I a keto coffee to get me through til then

What is a keto coffee?

I’m guessing it’s the current iteration of Bulletproof coffee—coffee with butter or oil added.

Well that wouldn't really be fasting, would it? If the purpose of IF is as a tool to control calories, a fat bomb to tide you over is kind of defeating the purpose. No?

That would be my thought. I’d say a tablespoon or two of pure fat is anything but fasting, but who knows?
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    I just read that a cup of keto coffee has 450 calories. It's basically a cup of coffee with butter in it.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »
    I just read that a cup of keto coffee has 450 calories. It's basically a cup of coffee with butter in it.

But it’s magic!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    lgfrie wrote: »

But it’s magic!

Not at all! Not magic, and can have as many or as few calories as desired. Just like any coffee/beverage. But I will never understand the strong opposition. Most pkged creamers are just “edible oil products”, shake up some cream in a jar and you get butter, etc. If I have no cream in the house I blend up my coffee with some butter and get the texture of coffee I was craving.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Vjmikesell wrote: »
    ... I understand what true hunger is, better able to feel my hunger cues and on rare occasion I am hungry during my fasting window I know that’s its my body needing extra post-workout nutrition instead of just wanting food just to want.

I noticed the same thing while intermittent fasting. It helped me to be mindful of actual hunger as opposed to eating in reaction to boredom or stress. Now I skip breakfast most days and eat when I actually get hungry.