Non Scale Victories

Replies

• papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Man, those are all awesome!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    I can finally see my right collarbone without having to flex. Not the left, just the right. I keep touching it because it's such a novel experience for me.
  • papayahed
    I love touching my collarbone. LOL!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Just imagine @bmeadows380 the day that you slip into regular misses sizes? There will be so many choices of clothes to choose from you won't even know where to start! I'm excited for you. I know you will get there!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    @bmeadows380 That is so awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Congratulations @bmeadows380. That's such a great feeling.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @merph518 that's good news! Cause you really look nothing like your old picture now :)
  • bmeadows380
    I'd been tracking my measurements - hips, bust, waist and what I call high waist, or the big flap of skin that used to be a muffin top right above my waist (and the reason I really wish high-waisted pants were back in style so I could cover that thing up!) but even up through last week, was disappointed to not see changes. But I had been struggling with water retention, so after the success with the new pants size, I figured something had to have changed, and when I took measurements this morning, I was pleased to see 1" down all around. Well, except the bust, as my bra isn't the greatest and I think is throwing that measurement off. So I'm quite happy - and quite happy to finally have some of that water retention finally letting go!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    @merph518 your smile is worth the new picture alone! Way to go!!!
  • papayahed
    Wow merph, what a change! That's awesome.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    @merph518 that is an amazing difference, you are doing so well!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I found myself inexplicably in the mood for a big mac (that's not a favorite hamburger of mine). So I took my mother to lunch today, got hte big mac, cut it in half and sent half home to dad. Half is about 270 calories which is quite reasonable in my book. I also sent the medium fry home to him, ordered a small fry but had them put it into two of the kid's size boxes, gave one box to mom to eat with her salad, and ate the other myself. I also cut the cherry pie into 3rds and had 1 piece and gave the rest away.

Being able to stick to the plan was a big victory today!

You are hilarious and I mean that in the most kind way...I had to giggle thinking of going out to lunch with you!...in my mind i see little ziplock bags, plastic knives and to go boxes appearing out of your purse and pockets!....but hey whatever works is a win!....I have been known to carry my own salad dressing bottle in my purse when I go out....better safe than not have any dressing I can have!....

I love your posts!

• papayahed
    That's awesome bmeadow!! In essence you had you Big Mac and ate it too!! lol

I went shopping today for a suit for a job interview I have on Thursday, this is the first time in a loooonggg time I shopped in the regular stores. I was in the largest size they had but I was still there! (ok that not true I could into the 2nd largest size too because pants! )
  • bmeadows380
    papayahed wrote: »
    That's awesome bmeadow!! In essence you had you Big Mac and ate it too!! lol

I went shopping today for a suit for a job interview I have on Thursday, this is the first time in a loooonggg time I shopped in the regular stores. I was in the largest size they had but I was still there! (ok that not true I could into the 2nd largest size too because pants! )

@papayahed yup! lol I figured that though it wasn't that big of an NSV, I might post it as a way to show others that you can still have your favorites with a little thought, moderation, and pre-planning. So I ate a Big macn (or part of one, at least) while on a diet?!!!! :grin:

Congrats on the sizes! It was a big thing for me to finally be able to find things other than T-shirts and sweat pants in regular stores that would fit me. I'm still in the plus size section, but at least I'm now in the size that pretty much all stores that have a plus size section carry.

I know how it feels, though - my top is about a size bigger than my bottom, too, though for probably other reasons than yours lol
  • bmeadows380
    I found myself inexplicably in the mood for a big mac (that's not a favorite hamburger of mine). So I took my mother to lunch today, got hte big mac, cut it in half and sent half home to dad. Half is about 270 calories which is quite reasonable in my book. I also sent the medium fry home to him, ordered a small fry but had them put it into two of the kid's size boxes, gave one box to mom to eat with her salad, and ate the other myself. I also cut the cherry pie into 3rds and had 1 piece and gave the rest away.

Being able to stick to the plan was a big victory today!

You are hilarious and I mean that in the most kind way...I had to giggle thinking of going out to lunch with you!...in my mind i see little ziplock bags, plastic knives and to go boxes appearing out of your purse and pockets!....but hey whatever works is a win!....I have been known to carry my own salad dressing bottle in my purse when I go out....better safe than not have any dressing I can have!....

I love your posts!

@conniewilkins56 Ah, thank you! :grin: I'm glad I make you giggle and not groan!

Nah, I don't carry little plastic knives and ziplock bags in my purse, though i have stash of straws and silverware and a grocery bag full of napkins in the truck! If I can get the restaurant to cut the thing in half and box it for me or to sell me less so I don't have the temptation there, all the better - I have a hard time abstaining if its there sitting on the table staring at me, wafting its scent under my nose and practically purring at me to seduce me to the dark size and stuff it down my gullet.......ahem (calzone I'm looking at you!) But if its portioned already and the left overs are gone, I don't have a problem - which is why, when its my turn to cook Sunday dinner, all the leftovers go home with mom!