Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Holly - Weighing in to be accountable is part of the program. I do it almost daily because I can see my trends. For example today I am up - typically am after a weekend. But then I can chart out how high my ups are and how low my downs are - hopefully the trend line is going down. Crazy - yup. But it has stopped me from beating myself up, self sabotaging, etc. At least that is my plan :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Holly if I remember correctly it is a once a week weigh in.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana -

57nu5zp950xp.png

a little friend to help you

55mcjjcwjbya.png

this was described as the "small platter"........
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    I agree with the daily scale thing. I have to step on everyday or I will step off track! I used to be able to keep motivated without the scale. Things are different as my body changes. This is my 3rd rodeo and longest battle of them all. Yesterday I stress ate like a crazy person. Today trying to get back on track. Again
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    holly1283 wrote: »
    I haven't had the courage to step on the scale recently. I never did weigh everyday.once a week was my max. Is that part of the BECK diet?

Holly - The Beck Diet Solution is a course in modifying your thinking and your behavior. It is not a diet. As part of "doing it" you are to choose your own diet plan or program.

The author, Judith Beck is the daughter of the Dr. Aaron? Beck who is considered to be the founder of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. So "Beck" is about thinking and behaviors that surround and support a person's weight loss efforts.

I choose to weigh daily and share, because this group/thread is my Diet Coach!

😁
    Lana

252.8 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
    The listing of the weights is an old carry-over of mine from the option to do so on the now-defunct Weight Watcher Community Message Boards.

Waves to all~~

BBL
  • brennerjlb
    good morning!
    Lana - numbers are going down! Great job! I know it has been a tough couple of weeks.
    Bethebestme - welcome!
    Sara - Love that cat picture. Cute!
    Fat Tuesday potluck at work today. Will read my reasons for wanting to be healthy and try a couple things - t hings that will satisfy me and then move on. That is my plan!
    So I have to tell you so I can write it down and maybe get it off my brain. Daughter #2 is getting married 3/14. Daughter #1 is in Italy with her husband visiting his brother and wife and new baby. So of course day after she gets there Italy is making the news with the Caronavirus. OMG I am not so worried about her getting sick - it is 200 people sick in a huge population BUT what if they don't let her home???? I get teary just thinking about it. So I am trying to stick with the don't worry about what you can't control. And I know...there are much bigger things to worry about in life, but my stomach is feeling queasy. :neutral:
    Anyway...I will try hard to take this day to day for the next 2 1/2 weeks....
    Thanks for letting me vent
    Lynn

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well! I’ve been going non stop. Working 2 jobs, going to Zumba or walking, my stepsister is having a baby girl soon and I’m helping my mom plan and decorate the baby shower. My best friend and Zumba, WW buddy is getting married and I’m a bridesmaid. She just picked out her dress so now it’s picking out the bridesmaid dresses, which I’m nervous about because of my size and the price tag hopefully it’s something I can wear again.

WW is going okay. And the furkids are doing great looking forward to spring so I can take them hiking and walking.

Been making lists of what I want to get done in my house and redesigning it eventually once I save up $$.

I won’t be able to catch up from where I left off. I had so much more success here than at WW.

Have a great day and I’ll check in soon!

Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good afternoon,

Bank and errands, spent time for the first time in a long time at a neighbors place shooting the breeze. They will need some senior living assistance and I have a contact person and name of company for them....

Okay Lynn - push comes to shove they will quarantine your daughter and SIL which may be the best thing just to make sure.

Missy!!! Love all your good news. Busy can be crazy but it might also stop food thoughts???

Lana - cheering you on the sidewalk with my pom poms for your numbers going down - keep up the good work!! It is all to/from and in Hospital steps??

mmkye4z565xu.png

My NSV this week - I have not purchased ice cream this week even though I think that a small quantity will solve my problems. Cookies and snack food still on the plate but not ice cream, so not as pious as it may look......

It is so nice out I need to get more steps in.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Sara - thank you for the Cheerleader! She is so cute!

Lynn- Don't worry. Your daughter #1 should be able to get home no problem. However, the Cabana Boys will be burning some sage tomorrow, just in case.

Missy!!!! So glad to see you! Thanks for the update~~

Waves to BeTheBest and all who stop by~~

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Sara - cheerleader is adorable!
    Lana - I think I will burn sage in every room in the house! Broke a crown last night. Geesh. Doesn't hurt - so I will keep my complaining to a minimum. LOL
    Hello again Missy - wow! you have alot going on! Sounds like you are doing great!
    Waves to all!

CW 189.8 :smile:
    HW 207
    GW 186
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Took dog on walk one neighbor she does NOT like kept asking me questions, luckily I reminded her she has someone to come by and clean........ so dogs walk got shortened, but she is eating so she is a happy camper.

Today is a to do list, baking bacon so I dont have to fry it is next on my list, bacon quiche is also to do so I came online to find out how to bake bacon.

Cooking, walking, knitting and napping on list.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Hey Lynn - your numbers are getting close - do you need your own cheerleader???

cj6u3wnnqzmz.png

cute, but if you ever see me do this with my legs, call the paramedics!!!
  • brennerjlb
    Sara - LOL - I am in same boat with the paramedics!
    Thank you and I will take credit for the downward turn of the scale. The 186 goal is my attempt to make smaller more manageable goals as suggest by Beck. That was my goal by 2/29. I am not done at that goal, it will again need to be set lower :wink: That number did feel good though!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2020
    Kathryn, you get 2 for food and your health--

gzyodyy0s17e.png
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    good morning!
    Lana - numbers are going down! Great job! I know it has been a tough couple of weeks.
    Bethebestme - welcome!
    Sara - Love that cat picture. Cute!
    Fat Tuesday potluck at work today. Will read my reasons for wanting to be healthy and try a couple things - t hings that will satisfy me and then move on. That is my plan!
    So I have to tell you so I can write it down and maybe get it off my brain. Daughter #2 is getting married 3/14. Daughter #1 is in Italy with her husband visiting his brother and wife and new baby. So of course day after she gets there Italy is making the news with the Caronavirus. OMG I am not so worried about her getting sick - it is 200 people sick in a huge population BUT what if they don't let her home???? I get teary just thinking about it. So I am trying to stick with the don't worry about what you can't control. And I know...there are much bigger things to worry about in life, but my stomach is feeling queasy. :neutral:
    Anyway...I will try hard to take this day to day for the next 2 1/2 weeks....
    Thanks for letting me vent
    Lynn

That would be scary. Hopefully, your daughter will make it home with no issues. Congrats on almost reaching this first goal! I am much better, Thank you...hugs to you
  • arniedog74
    Missy-great to see you! Sounds like you are doing good

Sara- I would love to see prayer shawl ....to be honest, I don’t know what a prayer shawl is. But, sounds nice

Lana- Congrats on WI! Hopefully, no more trips to hospital

• arniedog74
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Whew! took me awhile to get through the 6 or 7 pages of posts that I have missed! :)
    Finally went to doctor about feeling "off," not just health wise. Will be having a few more tests and will begin trying anti-depressants to see if that makes any difference. Also started seeing a therapist. Hopefully, will be able to get me out of the funk that I am in and get myself back on track. I have been super busy at work and stressed to the point of making myself sick. Of course, along with the stress comes stress eating, but I have been trying to combat that. Several times though, I will tell myself that I am not really hungry, that I don't need to eat anything, and definitely not something unhealthy...and all the while I am saying this to myself, my hand reaches out, picks up whatever it is, and pops it in my mouth. :s I really need to get that one quote from Beck posted all over my kitchen & pantry: I WILL BE HAPPIER BEING HEALTHY IN THE LONG RUN THAN IF I SATISFY THIS TEMPORARY DESIRE TO EAT! On the bright side, have been cooking at home a lot more because of DH's sugar levels. He has managed to lose 3 pounds in the last week.

CW: 168
    HW: 216
    GW: 145

Great to see you! I hope you get answers with the tests and meds figured out to get you feeling better. I do the same, with telling myself I don’t need something, and eating whatever is in front of me. It’s an incredibly hard thing to change for me, for some reason. Hugs

• Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn - prayer shawl was someone else's pattern and project and I like you dont really understand it - but they are warmth on the arms and shoulders and the church I go to has a number of older members so if it keeps them warm, that is what counts.

ufl8azkn5cmr.png

hcloqyeywbc5.png

poor cat - couldnt decide Dawn which one you would like more.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    TUESDAY

Good afternoon,

Bank and errands, spent time for the first time in a long time at a neighbors place shooting the breeze. They will need some senior living assistance and I have a contact person and name of company for them....

Okay Lynn - push comes to shove they will quarantine your daughter and SIL which may be the best thing just to make sure.

Missy!!! Love all your good news. Busy can be crazy but it might also stop food thoughts???

Lana - cheering you on the sidewalk with my pom poms for your numbers going down - keep up the good work!! It is all to/from and in Hospital steps??

mmkye4z565xu.png

My NSV this week - I have not purchased ice cream this week even though I think that a small quantity will solve my problems. Cookies and snack food still on the plate but not ice cream, so not as pious as it may look......

It is so nice out I need to get more steps in.

Wave to all who follow.

Yes, being busy has helped stop or keep food thoughts to a minimum. Don't have time to think about it. Nice! I did the same thing. Ice cream is my crutch. But it had to go. I substituting either a yogurt or going to give my Yonanas machine a try. froze some bananas and strawberries to test it out...

Sara - thank you for the Cheerleader! She is so cute!

Lynn- Don't worry. Your daughter #1 should be able to get home no problem. However, the Cabana Boys will be burning some sage tomorrow, just in case.

Missy!!!! So glad to see you! Thanks for the update~~

Waves to BeTheBest and all who stop by~~

Lana

HI Lana, I missed those cabana boys, and I would think so too for Lynn's daughter. She will most likely have to be quarantined for 2 weeks and no one can get within 6 feet of her.

brennerjlb wrote: »
    Sara - cheerleader is adorable!
    Lana - I think I will burn sage in every room in the house! Broke a crown last night. Geesh. Doesn't hurt - so I will keep my complaining to a minimum. LOL
    Hello again Missy - wow! you have alot going on! Sounds like you are doing great!
    Waves to all!

CW 189.8 :smile:
    HW 207
    GW 186

Hi! Hope the crown gets fixed soon! Not fun!
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Whew! took me awhile to get through the 6 or 7 pages of posts that I have missed! :)
    Finally went to doctor about feeling "off," not just health wise. Will be having a few more tests and will begin trying anti-depressants to see if that makes any difference. Also started seeing a therapist. Hopefully, will be able to get me out of the funk that I am in and get myself back on track. I have been super busy at work and stressed to the point of making myself sick. Of course, along with the stress comes stress eating, but I have been trying to combat that. Several times though, I will tell myself that I am not really hungry, that I don't need to eat anything, and definitely not something unhealthy...and all the while I am saying this to myself, my hand reaches out, picks up whatever it is, and pops it in my mouth. :s I really need to get that one quote from Beck posted all over my kitchen & pantry: I WILL BE HAPPIER BEING HEALTHY IN THE LONG RUN THAN IF I SATISFY THIS TEMPORARY DESIRE TO EAT! On the bright side, have been cooking at home a lot more because of DH's sugar levels. He has managed to lose 3 pounds in the last week.

CW: 168
    HW: 216
    GW: 145

Sending hugs to you! Hopefully you feel better soon! It's a rough time of year, and please take care of yourself. Love your profile picture of the puppy!