2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• annoukie5
    annoukie5 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hello. I'm back on MFP for the second time. I lost about 45 pounds, stopped tracking, gained it all back. I am so down and finding very little motivation to start back up. I would love to find some diet buddies for motivation. I have been dieting since I was about 12 and have been on the roller coaster since then.
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Hi, I joined MFP awhile back but didn’t ever get into the swing of using it. Came back a second time on Tuesday because my doctor wants me to track calories. I really want to stay motivated this time and looking for some accountability partners! any suggestions for using the site are welcomed as well. Still trying to get used to the apps
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    annoukie5 wrote: »
    Hello. I'm back on MFP for the second time. I lost about 45 pounds, stopped tracking, gained it all back. I am so down and finding very little motivation to start back up. I would love to find some diet buddies for motivation. I have been dieting since I was about 12 and have been on the roller coaster since then.

I’ll be your diet partner! I need support also...just joined again a couple days ago!
  • annoukie5
    That sounds great. I'll try to figure out how to add you as a friend. :smile:
  • kathrynegrady
    kathrynegrady Posts: 23 Member
    @annoukie5 your story sounds just like mine! I would definitely be your diet partner...
  • Nova wrote: »
    Welcome to the MFP Community! This is a discussion we have created topeople in our community, to have a discussion where new folks can meet one another, AND ask questions of existing members.

We are not going to do an adopt-a-noob discussion this year so we encourage our awesome veterans to hang out in the discussion if you are interested in helping answer questions our noobs need to know.

• also I didn't mean to type a quote
  • annoukie5
    That all sounds good. And Okay Kathryn! Sounds great!
  • updatingme
    updatingme Posts: 2 Member
    A weight loss buddy would be nice. Need someone to hold me accountable. Anyone feel free to add me (:
  • Robinmuzik
    Robinmuzik Posts: 11 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I am not new to MFP but I am hoping that by getting in more involved in the message boards I might find more motivation and not give up so easily. I suffer from depression and am very much an emotional eater. My brother died in November, 2015 and I have gained 75 lbs since that time. I tried Orbera and it was the worst experience of my life. It was a total waste of money. I put down a deposit to get a gastric sleeve in Mexico in 2018 but everyone in my life discouraged me from going. I assist in taking care of my father with dementia and am a single mom to my 16-year-old son with autism. Earlier this month, I lost my job for making too many errors in our process and procedures. You might say that I am under a little bit of stress. LOL I really feel that if I can get on the right path to eating and exercising, my depression and self-esteem will improve. However, I am desperate for support. I hope that by reaching out to others in the MFC, this time my weight loss journey will be a more successfull one. So here we go...
  • KT587
    KT587 Posts: 11 Member
    Good morning! I'm new to MFP. And to the boards but excited to have another way to surround myself with positivity and like minded folks! I have lost 34lbs so far and still a long ways to go but committed to continuing the changes.
  • Ellie_Ermine
    Ellie_Ermine Posts: 2 Member
    Hello fellow newbies and hello veterans! Happy to be here 😄
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Hi all, I used to be on MFP awhile ago but have now returned to give it another go after i hit the 430lb mark.
  • rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 579 Member
    How do you post pictures using "Hide" feature?
  • rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 579 Member
    srpqakhroucn.jpg

I figured it out from another poster. I thought I would share it here. Just place [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] before and after the [ img ] and [ /img ].
  • shapealer
    shapealer Posts: 37 Member
    I'm also new and have posted a profile on the challenges page LOSE 5lbs+in march...set up the proper format but now for each weigh in date I can't figure out how to post..enter a new weight???can you help
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    rlshelor wrote: »
    srpqakhroucn.jpg

I figured it out from another poster. I thought I would share it here. Just place [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] before and after the [ img ] and [ /img ].

Yeah, click on the down arrow to left of smiley emoji above text box, click on "spoiler* in the drop down..
    then type 😉
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2020

rlshelor wrote: »
    srpqakhroucn.jpg

Yeah, click on the down arrow to left of smiley emoji above text box, click on "spoiler* in the drop down..
    then type 😉

Thanks! I was wondering about this, too.
  • coveredthin
    coveredthin Posts: 4 Member
    Hello everyone....i think im finally working out how to use this part of the app🤔 umm, maybe...i dont quite know how to get back on track...i lost weight last year and just stopped...i dont understand why...what i do know is that im not giving up this time..i may not be losing but im not gaining a heap either...i know how to get there, i just dont know how to start at the moment...wish me luck....and wishing you success in your journies..
  • castro1796
    castro1796 Posts: 3 Member
    Good morning MFP people. I'm really not new here, I've just been away for awhile and was trying to find my way back. I've found my way back and what will keep me motivated to stay and get back into shape. :)
This discussion has been closed.