NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited February 2020
    @mswatson0777, yayyyy for the scale being down! Sometimes my list can be overwhelming too but the only way to get through them is one thing at a time. When should the research paper be done? I’m not signing up for Disney+ because with Hulu, Netflix, and Prime I have more than I can watch already. DH and I have this major love for all veterinary and animal shows. No idea why but we love them and watch most of them. :D

@gemwolf110, hey girl!!! :D Sounds like you are having a good, full life right now.

@joannadavison, I love pancakes!! If I had your busy life, I would be sneaking some hot chocolate too! ;)

@theslightedgeforever, yes those are great songs!! The other day I was in the bathroom with my sweet friend at Mellow Mushroom and Super Freak came on and I started dancing. She had never heard that song! :D See below on how I now plan to get better at sticking to my habits. ;)

Good morning! Well, I did something totally crazy yesterday. I signed up for Weight Watchers online! :o I had been toying with the idea for a while now and after talking it over with DH, who at first thought I was crazy, said to go for it. So, I did! It’s really comforting to have my WW app back and to be back on my WW Facebook group that I loved so much but had left when I went rogue and tried to do it on my own. I’ve changed a lot with my intermittent fasting and consistency with my workouts, but it was my nutrition that I just couldn’t get a handle on. So, I’m back at it and plan to give it my all for the next 9 months and see how I do. Wish me luck!! B)

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Congrats! I hope WW works well for you! I tried out their newest program awhile ago, but it triggered my binging so I sadly had to step away. I really like their social media tools and interface though and I think they've changed the program since then? And not to sway you on Disney+, but they've got A TON of animal shows with National Geographic. It's seriously become my new love.

@trooworld Yoga is fabulous, I'm so glad it helped you to feel better and start getting some movement in. And I am a kid at heart so I love the cheesy, always happy in the end programming. Plus, it makes great background sound for when I'm doing mindless work.

@theslightedgeforever My primary self care has been not skipping my jiu jitsu class (even though my workload says I should). And I'm jealous of your do nothing day, that is honestly my DREAM right now. PJs+couch+disney+= very happy Watson!

@joannadavison A timer doesn't sound dumb at all! I would just have a hard time switching gears when it was time to stop since there's so much to do! Soya hot chocolate sounds so delicious!

@gemwolf110 Bridesmaid dresses are a tough one! I think (hope!) I don't have to be one again, but when I was in the past I just resigned myself to whatever the bride chose. Luckily I had some nice friends with good taste...cause I've seen some doozies.

Happy Wednesday! Three more workdays until the weekend! My Mom is coming down on Friday and we're spending the evening together to start doing some wedding planning so I'm really excited. And I've only got a week and a half left in my least favorite class so then I just get to drop down to 1 grad class + a full time job, which seems a lot more manageable than two has been! I know I have to go to the dentist after work today, so I woke up early to do some cardio kickboxing since I'll have to miss jits. I'm hoping to get some readings done. I was going to do some last night but I was so burned out I just crashed.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 You gotta do the plan that works for you long term. So what will be the difference this time around? I know having smartpoints back is easier for some. But in the end, counting is still counting. February has been a total wash for me. In my weight loss and my decluttering efforts. So that's what I'm going to work on the rest of the year. But I only have to do it for TODAY.

@mswatson0777 Good for you for sticking with your jiu jitsu (had to scroll back up and see how it was spelled. lol) I know how much you like it. It's a good way to burn off some energy and let your mind rest and regroup for the next round. When my kids were young Disney was on the TV constantly. My favorites were Boy Meets World and Lizzie McGuire. I loved the Lizzy McGuire movie and when my dd and I get together we like to watch it or we'll send the ending song to each other via YouTube. I see a little light at the end of your tunnel.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Woohoo on all your walking and movement. Good habits you are building there. Look at what you accomplished yesterday. I bet you walked around just smiling at everyone feeling like Wonder Woman. You can be on auto-pilot. That's where the habits kick in. But we have to do things consistently for them to become habits. Not keep changing up our routines and programs. Then the brain thinks oh, I have to learn something new again. We will conquer this.

Red Day-Stayed OP 93/100 Exercise 42 min walking

February goals- Drink 3 glasses of water o:)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    Good morning everyone! I didn't take a walk yesterday at work but I did walk around a fair amount. When I got home, I did about 40 minutes of yoga which felt nice. I also tracked all my meals.

@TeresaW1020 Good luck and I am excited to hear how it goes!

@mswatson0777 Oh I'm all in for cheesy, always happy in the end programming! <3 It DOES make great background!!! Yes, yoga has been helping. I hope the dentist went well and you got some reading done.

@theslightedgeforever I did feel better. Man, it's such a struggle it feels like I'll never conquer this but I'll trust you because you are smart. :)

COMMITTED.
    February goal: track 1 meal a day, go for a walk 1 time a week
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever I loved Lizzy Maguire growing up too. I pulled it up on Disney+ and was shocked there were only two seasons! I feel like that show was on all the time

@trooworld it sounds like you ended up being very active yesterday! Luckily the filling was just re-filling one that fell out so I didn't even have to be numbed. It felt great to get a lot done yesterday.

Today at work is going to be brutal, I have 8 meetings on the books (including one over lunch, ugh) and a bunch of processing work that needs to get done. Oh well, I'll do what I can and make it through the day. Tonight I've got back to back jiu jitsu classes so it will feel good to get out on the mats. I've been sticking with my calorie goals this week and feeling really good, so I plan on continuing that trend into the weekend!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited February 2020
    @trooworld I reall should make an effort to have stretching routine. I got a foam roller, as we use it at gym, that helps with tension but I don't do it enough. Have you tried it?

@mswatson0777 this may sound dumb, but it did work for a friend who was on my teaching course. She used to set a timer to do her school planning & University assignments. When the time was up she went back to being Mum & wife. When I did my post-grad quals there was just the 2 of us. He was away 4 months of my teaching course & we both did our Masters at same time- so we both ignored each other! Hope you can find a way through it. Don't forget to to some exercise type thing to get you moving & give brain a break- I used to swim back then.

@theslightedgeforever - jeans are burried. If I have them out I'll get despondent. My plan is not to have a weight set, but to have mini-goals by amout lost & what fits. I'm reviewing all my goals each month & keep track of fitness ones on MFP but also all other goals in my Happy Planner. Anything from declutter, decorating, planning young people's session at church- whatever. Then when I feel useless- I can look at what I have achieved. Lot of baby steps.

@TeresaW1020 & Its_cleo don't tell me 11 months then period turn up- nooooooooo! I'm counting down months now- had 3 years of 3 month cycles and finally broken it- I'm seriously hoping I don't have to start counting again!!
    Snow days rarely happen for schools I've worked in but we had a bad winter 2 years ago & got 4 days!!! Yesterday was a fluke- snow had just about gone by lunchtime but it had come down thick & fast for a few hours & roads gritted at wrong times or not at all- caused chaos! Not complaining- I had lunch with DH & Mum, got jobs in house down & photos printed for scrapbook retreat.

@gemwolf110 great to hear from you. You sound super busy. Keep going & drop in when you can.

I'm exhausted today. Busy at work with missing yesterday & I was cooking dinner, prepping lunches & tidying kitchen constantly when I got in- the cadet run for eldest. Had a sneaky soya hot choc on way home as had to call at 'out of town' shops for fuel. About to make pancakes as it's Shrove Tuesday (aka pancake day) then I'm off to bed. DH will have to reheat his own dinner when he gets in!

I'm going to make a point to check in more often! Missed the groups here :smile:
    @teresaw1020 I'm glad you are looking ahead and tweaking your plans as your new normal will begin soon. That's the whole premise of Mini Habits I think. Make your goals small enough to be successful and then on the days you can do more, do more. He says even on your worst days you should be able to complete your habit. If you aren't, then your goal is too big. Cut it down. Hooray on the scale being down. I'm still waiting. But action comes before results. Reminder to myself there. I remember as a child the church would rent out the skating rink. Ahhh, the couples skate. Two songs come to mind when I think of skating.....Double Dutch Bus and Another one Bites the Dust. :)

@trooworld So what have you done today to help you 'get there' Mine is a short list. I should have done this list the day before. lol 17 min walking. Ate a banana. Reduced my french toast from 3 to 2 pieces.

@mswatson0777 Woohoo on your scale. Maybe this will be contagious and I will catch it from you and Teresa.
    Good job on mapping out a strategy to tackle these items. What's one self care item on your list?

@gemwolf110 The fact that you are still out there working it is wonderful. So many people just give up and then end up back where they started or farther behind. Your life sounds busy but so many exciting things happening. Pop in when you get a chance.

@joannadavison I have a foam roller but only dh uses it. It hurts me but isn't that the point? Yes, baby steps and mini habits are the way to go. I was reviewing my weight loss from August til January and most of it was a loss per week between 0.6-0.8 Not much really but it was consistent and little by little added up to big things. I need to work on my decluttering. Two months is down the drain but I have 10 months to really shine at it in 2020. Now I'm the one saying 3 years of 3 month cycles? Noooooooooooooo (I hope you mean in between time and not 90 days of Granny Flo) I was so happy my period finally started this week to basically it's just spotting. I was hoping for at least a 2 lb lost with this thing. I'm a bit bloaty and was happy. Okay, I guess I'll take a 1/2 lb. I really thought well this must be the beginning of the end. Body says nope sorry, just intermission......

So today was a do nothing day. I hate those days. I did really well until just a bit ago. Should have got on here and talked with you all instead of procrastinating.

Green Day- Went over 269/238 Walked 17 min

February goals-Drink 3 glasses of water :(

Yup working has helped keep me moving forward, it helps keeping me distracted with things, and I got amazing co-workers at both jobs. Very fortunate. I've been tracking on both WW and MFP this week, WW screaming I'm way over points but MFP saying I'm under. I get less frustrated tracking here and don't feel so restricted.
    trooworld wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! I did some yoga before work yesterday and that helped me not ache so much because if I sit still for too long, I start aching pretty quickly. I also went for a walk on my morning break and in the afternoon, I made sure and was moving around a lot. I got 7,085 steps yesterday which is more than I've gotten in a while during the work week.

@mswatson0777 Thanks! That's fabulous, or should I say fabuLESS that you lost weight after all that? Congrats!!! I don't have Disney+ but have thought about getting it. It's just we already pay for so many streaming services and we don't have kids so I don't know if it would be worth it.

@gemwolf110 Hello! Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you've been very, very busy!

@joannadavison It really helps me when I do it. I've not tried a foam roller but my husband has used one. Maybe I'll put one on my gift list. You sound like you've had a busy day!

@theslightedgeforever Yesterday, I tracked my food (95%), did yoga before work, took a walk on my morning break and drank a decent amount of water. The thing I hate about weight loss is everything is such a DELIBERATE EFFORT. You just can't be on autopilot. You have to consciously make a decision to do x instead of y every doggone time. It's tiring. That's good you had some victories. I used to keep a list in a book of "Today's victories". I might start doing it again.

COMMITTED.

Nice! Walking and Yoga are so healthy for you! I am eagerly waiting for warmer weather to start walking the furkids again! I get walks in with my friend every so often but our schedules tend to conflict so it hasn't been as often. But I get plenty of Zumba in with my other friend to make up the difference.

• gemwolf110
    @mswatson0777, yayyyy for the scale being down! Sometimes my list can be overwhelming too but the only way to get through them is one thing at a time. When should the research paper be done? I’m not signing up for Disney+ because with Hulu, Netflix, and Prime I have more than I can watch already. DH and I have this major love for all veterinary and animal shows. No idea why but we love them and watch most of them. :D

@gemwolf110, hey girl!!! :D Sounds like you are having a good, full life right now.

@joannadavison, I love pancakes!! If I had your busy life, I would be sneaking some hot chocolate too! ;)

@theslightedgeforever, yes those are great songs!! The other day I was in the bathroom with my sweet friend at Mellow Mushroom and Super Freak came on and I started dancing. She had never heard that song! :D See below on how I now plan to get better at sticking to my habits. ;)

Good morning! Well, I did something totally crazy yesterday. I signed up for Weight Watchers online! :o I had been toying with the idea for a while now and after talking it over with DH, who at first thought I was crazy, said to go for it. So, I did! It’s really comforting to have my WW app back and to be back on my WW Facebook group that I loved so much but had left when I went rogue and tried to do it on my own. I’ve changed a lot with my intermittent fasting and consistency with my workouts, but it was my nutrition that I just couldn’t get a handle on. So, I’m back at it and plan to give it my all for the next 9 months and see how I do. Wish me luck!! B)

HEY!!!! Glad to be back! That's awesome about WW! I go to the meeting. I'm struggling with staying under points and eating more fruits and veggies. They had a good promo just come out, making me wish I had waited to resign up :neutral: I'm going to WW with my friend that I Zumba with who is the one getting married in June. I've given up ice cream, ketchup on my eggs, switched from international delight creamer to half and half with 1 tbsp of sugar, with the goal of just having milk in my coffee. I also have minimal alcohol, only on weekends if I even feel like having one glass. It helps that Beer and my usual wine with ginger ale hasn't been sitting well in my stomach.
    @TeresaW1020 Congrats! I hope WW works well for you! I tried out their newest program awhile ago, but it triggered my binging so I sadly had to step away. I really like their social media tools and interface though and I think they've changed the program since then? And not to sway you on Disney+, but they've got A TON of animal shows with National Geographic. It's seriously become my new love.

@trooworld Yoga is fabulous, I'm so glad it helped you to feel better and start getting some movement in. And I am a kid at heart so I love the cheesy, always happy in the end programming. Plus, it makes great background sound for when I'm doing mindless work.

@theslightedgeforever My primary self care has been not skipping my jiu jitsu class (even though my workload says I should). And I'm jealous of your do nothing day, that is honestly my DREAM right now. PJs+couch+disney+= very happy Watson!

@joannadavison A timer doesn't sound dumb at all! I would just have a hard time switching gears when it was time to stop since there's so much to do! Soya hot chocolate sounds so delicious!

@gemwolf110 Bridesmaid dresses are a tough one! I think (hope!) I don't have to be one again, but when I was in the past I just resigned myself to whatever the bride chose. Luckily I had some nice friends with good taste...cause I've seen some doozies.

Happy Wednesday! Three more workdays until the weekend! My Mom is coming down on Friday and we're spending the evening together to start doing some wedding planning so I'm really excited. And I've only got a week and a half left in my least favorite class so then I just get to drop down to 1 grad class + a full time job, which seems a lot more manageable than two has been! I know I have to go to the dentist after work today, so I woke up early to do some cardio kickboxing since I'll have to miss jits. I'm hoping to get some readings done. I was going to do some last night but I was so burned out I just crashed.

Yes, they are! I almost wanted to cry on Monday when we started trying some on because they didn't have my size. We are trying another salon that has more selection and hopefully lower prices as I'm on a strict budget right now. They have good taste I just look horrible in dresses and hopefully it is something I can wear again to work events.

Yippee! That's so exciting with you mom coming and wedding planning!

So close to the end of the semester! What classes are you taking and what are you pursuing for a degree? I so dislike going to the dentist. And kickboxing sounds like sooo much fun!

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey gang. Have not been around, working a lot. May have to work on the weekend.

Not very motivated to exercise but staying on track and with calories.

Workload should lighten in a week or so.

Hope all is well!
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited February 2020
    @theslightedgeforever -yes 90 days between! Lol!!! I'm also recording my daily cals & %macros so I can keep a check as well as see the difference it makes.
    @trooworld yes-Tuesday was manic. I'm trying to use foam roller more to alleviate back pain- I've got some horrendous tight muscles at mo.

@TeresaW1020 thankfully Wednesday & today not so crazy. Good luck with WW. I do think some structure is important. For years WW gave me that but now I need to monitor macros as I was getting my points ok but wrong food groups- but I couldn't see proportion.
    @mswatson0777 enjoy the wedding planning. It's tough doing post-grad course alongside work. DH & I did that. I used to get wound up by undergrads- we'd go to the student bar to get coffee (best on campus) between work & class and have to listen to undergrads drinking at 4-5pm complaining about their workload. 🤣🤣
    @its_cleo well done for staying on track with the food. When things are tough it's easy to let things go- you've managed to stay in control even if you can't get exercise time.

I had awful night & woke up with a lot of pain- muscle spasms gripping sciatic nerve. When I eventually managed to get out of bed- the worst wore off. I "acquired " a tennis ball at work for self-massage which helped. Went to gym & asked trainer for advice-I did 5K on X-trainer, some twisting cable exercise & lots of stretching. Eldest went to her gym after school so youngest & I had cuppa. Overhead someone talking about physio service- I totally forgot the Uni offer private appointments so I made appt. Hopefully a bit of manipulation will help.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all--wow, I started some notes the other day to comment, but didn't get it done & now I don't even know what they mean, so guess I will start over, lol.

@TeresaW1020 Good luck with WW, hope it works for you. You are probably a little stressed about Mom coming, even tho you want her to. Once she is here & settled, it will probably settle you down, too.

@trooworld Glad your yoga is helping. I did a short class with it awhile ago & enjoyed it. Maybe I should try it again.

@mswatson0777 Wow, you are so busy, makes me feel like a real slug, lol. Won't be long for things to settle down, tho. Enjoy your wedding planning with your Mom. Still remember going wedding dress shopping with my dds.

@joannadavison You sound so busy, too! Sorry your sciatic is giving you trouble. My DH has trouble with that also, too many back surgeries for him.

@itscleo Well done with your calories. I have been doing pretty well with the calories, but my walking this month is really hit and miss.

@theslightedgeforever The minihabits book sounds good. I think there is another thread on here that uses a lot of information from it.

All the comments about skating--I used to really enjoy it when I was a kid, but we skated on sidewalks, there were no rinks close. So when oldest dd was in Brownies, I went along to the rink, thinking--no problem, I can skate. Wow, a smooth rink is very different from sidewalks. Didn't do well then & havent done it since. Kinda wish I could, there is a new rink by dd's that the gkids love, but I don't need a broken hip, lol.

I have been doing pretty well with my eating plan, but my walking has kinda slipped. Need to get back with it.
    We were planning to go to OK on Sat for dd's wrist surgery on Monday, but now not sure. Gs had a fever last night & today, so she took him to Dr & he was + for strep & influenza. Meds for both, so shouldnt be contagious by then, but dd wonders if they will do the surgery since she has been exposed to it. Told her she better find out before we drive 7 hrs to help her & then find out they aren't doing it, lol. Gd that had pneumonia is getting a lot better--its her birthday today! She is a teenager now!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777, WW now has three programs to choose from. Basically, it’s the old Points Plus plan (Green), Freestyle (Blue), and Simply Filling (Purple). Each give you different points and different amounts of 0 point foods. I’m doing the Green plan right now because it seems that it will give me the best accountability. All those 0 point foods weren’t good for me when I was on Freestyle. If I could get hubby to pay for another streaming channel I would, but I just talked him into paying for WW. :D Have fun with your mom planning the wedding!!

@theslightedgeforever, you are right that counting is counting. I don’t know what exactly will be different this time. Maybe I just needed something new to kick start me again and I do like point counting over calories. What I am NOT going to do is go back to consuming all the super low point “fake” foods that WW people like to do. I’m keeping it healthy and sticking to whole foods as much as I can. I know that you will get back on the right track with your weight loss and decluttering! :)

@trooworld, look at you getting in your exercise and tracking your meals!! Yeah, I’m excited to see how WW works for me too! ;)

@gemwolf110, I’m going to give the WW online a try for now and I hope that it works and once I’m about 5 to 10 lbs from my goal I will go to meetings so I can get Lifetime. I think that will really help once I get into maintenance. At least that is the goal! Sounds like you are making good choices on your eating. I’m still working on switching off my low-carb mindset and switching it to WW. Zumba is so much fun! I should go find a class in my area. :)

@its_cleo, you take care of yourself!! <3

@joannadavison, so sorry to hear about your pain and muscle spasms! <3 Do you do that foam rolling that is so popular? I bought one for my lower back pain but haven’t really learned to master it yet.

@RetiredAndLovingIt, I am positive that if I tried to skate now in a rink I would break more than my hip! :D I hope all will go well with your DD’s surgery and that your GS will recover quickly. Ohhhh a teenager will make life much more interesting now!

Good morning! I woke up at 5 am with a million things on my mind that I have to get done today! Hubby finally relented and let us get up at 6 pm. Poor man!! :D I'm planning to leave tomorrow by 6:30 to drive down to FL. I will hang out with mom at my sister’s house for the rest of the day, stay the night in a hotel, and then pick mom up on Sunday to drive us back to GA. Then on Monday, which is my 54 birthday, I will take mom to her new bank, get her cell phone switched, and go grocery shopping. Next week is going to be crazy with her and church stuff. I know that my food and exercise is going to suffer but I’m going to try my best and once things settle I will be able to get back on track. I won’t be checking in for a few days so you all take care and please say a prayer or send positive thoughts my way. :)

• mswatson0777
    @gemwolf110 I hope the next salon has more options. I hate it when places aren't size inclusive! I'm going for my doctorate in higher education administration, and being a returning adult student is ROUGH! I'm just finishing up my current classes in organizational theory and qualitative analysis (which are just as exciting as they sound).

@TeresaW1020 My issue was it always set off my binging (when 1 snickers is 1/2 my daily allocation, it was easy for to go over and then just say &*$^ it!). I hope the green plan gives you the accountability you need! I hope you have something fun planned for your 54th birthday (you look WAY younger than 54 in your photo by the way, total fountain of youth!). I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts that this upcoming week goes smoothly for you.

@RetiredandLovingIt I hope everything goes smoothly with the upcoming surgery! It's so nice you're able to drive down and help. I don't skate much anymore either for those same reasons. I'll hit the trail every once and awhile (with wrist guards, knee pads, elbow pads, and a helmet) but I had a friend fracture both wrists at a skake park so I'm not taking any chances!

@joannadavison I hope the physio appointment helps, back pain is no joke! And I remember being stressed in undergrad with working 30 hours a week and 18 credits, but I also never had time to drink at four in the afternoon since I had to cover my tuition! Current me is thankful that 20 year old me took things so seriously, because I was able to take out minimal student loans and I'm not trapped paying them back like a lot of my friends.

@its_cleo Sorry you have to work on the weekend :( Take care of yourself!

Happy Friday! I ended up having 8 meetings in 6 hours yesterday so I was completely wiped by the end of the day. Today is a little more reasonable so I can hopefully get caught up on paperwork around the office. I was definitely sore after my back to back jiu jitsu classes last night, so I spent some time this morning doing light yoga instead of the elliptical like I planned. I'm grateful I'm in a healthier place now than I was 8 years ago and I actually listen to my body and rest it as needed. I hope you all have fabulous weekends!

• gemwolf110
    @mswatson0777, WW now has three programs to choose from. Basically, it’s the old Points Plus plan (Green), Freestyle (Blue), and Simply Filling (Purple). Each give you different points and different amounts of 0 point foods. I’m doing the Green plan right now because it seems that it will give me the best accountability. All those 0 point foods weren’t good for me when I was on Freestyle. If I could get hubby to pay for another streaming channel I would, but I just talked him into paying for WW. :D Have fun with your mom planning the wedding!!

@theslightedgeforever, you are right that counting is counting. I don’t know what exactly will be different this time. Maybe I just needed something new to kick start me again and I do like point counting over calories. What I am NOT going to do is go back to consuming all the super low point “fake” foods that WW people like to do. I’m keeping it healthy and sticking to whole foods as much as I can. I know that you will get back on the right track with your weight loss and decluttering! :)

@trooworld, look at you getting in your exercise and tracking your meals!! Yeah, I’m excited to see how WW works for me too! ;)

@gemwolf110, I’m going to give the WW online a try for now and I hope that it works and once I’m about 5 to 10 lbs from my goal I will go to meetings so I can get Lifetime. I think that will really help once I get into maintenance. At least that is the goal! Sounds like you are making good choices on your eating. I’m still working on switching off my low-carb mindset and switching it to WW. Zumba is so much fun! I should go find a class in my area. :)

@its_cleo, you take care of yourself!! <3

@joannadavison, so sorry to hear about your pain and muscle spasms! <3 Do you do that foam rolling that is so popular? I bought one for my lower back pain but haven’t really learned to master it yet.

@RetiredAndLovingIt, I am positive that if I tried to skate now in a rink I would break more than my hip! :D I hope all will go well with your DD’s surgery and that your GS will recover quickly. Ohhhh a teenager will make life much more interesting now!

Good morning! I woke up at 5 am with a million things on my mind that I have to get done today! Hubby finally relented and let us get up at 6 pm. Poor man!! :D I'm planning to leave tomorrow by 6:30 to drive down to FL. I will hang out with mom at my sister’s house for the rest of the day, stay the night in a hotel, and then pick mom up on Sunday to drive us back to GA. Then on Monday, which is my 54 birthday, I will take mom to her new bank, get her cell phone switched, and go grocery shopping. Next week is going to be crazy with her and church stuff. I know that my food and exercise is going to suffer but I’m going to try my best and once things settle I will be able to get back on track. I won’t be checking in for a few days so you all take care and please say a prayer or send positive thoughts my way. :)

You should definitely find a Zumba class, it's a blast and a great workout! Sounds like a good plan! Their plan definitely tries to get their members to eat more fruits, veggies and healthy foods.
    @gemwolf110 I hope the next salon has more options. I hate it when places aren't size inclusive! I'm going for my doctorate in higher education administration, and being a returning adult student is ROUGH! I'm just finishing up my current classes in organizational theory and qualitative analysis (which are just as exciting as they sound).

@TeresaW1020 My issue was it always set off my binging (when 1 snickers is 1/2 my daily allocation, it was easy for to go over and then just say &*$^ it!). I hope the green plan gives you the accountability you need! I hope you have something fun planned for your 54th birthday (you look WAY younger than 54 in your photo by the way, total fountain of youth!). I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts that this upcoming week goes smoothly for you.

@RetiredandLovingIt I hope everything goes smoothly with the upcoming surgery! It's so nice you're able to drive down and help. I don't skate much anymore either for those same reasons. I'll hit the trail every once and awhile (with wrist guards, knee pads, elbow pads, and a helmet) but I had a friend fracture both wrists at a skake park so I'm not taking any chances!

@joannadavison I hope the physio appointment helps, back pain is no joke! And I remember being stressed in undergrad with working 30 hours a week and 18 credits, but I also never had time to drink at four in the afternoon since I had to cover my tuition! Current me is thankful that 20 year old me took things so seriously, because I was able to take out minimal student loans and I'm not trapped paying them back like a lot of my friends.

@its_cleo Sorry you have to work on the weekend :( Take care of yourself!

Happy Friday! I ended up having 8 meetings in 6 hours yesterday so I was completely wiped by the end of the day. Today is a little more reasonable so I can hopefully get caught up on paperwork around the office. I was definitely sore after my back to back jiu jitsu classes last night, so I spent some time this morning doing light yoga instead of the elliptical like I planned. I'm grateful I'm in a healthier place now than I was 8 years ago and I actually listen to my body and rest it as needed. I hope you all have fabulous weekends!

Nice! I bet it can't be easy going back.. I'm hoping to go back for my graduate degree, but got a lot going on now. Yikes that sounds like a busy day. The Jiu Jitsu classes sound interesting!

Yeah, it was a very not pleasant experience the next place should have more choices as it is bigger. Hoping it is.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..well, now gd in OK has influenza, too! Dd asked if she should put off surgery & they said just hope you don’t get it! So if no fever by then, it’s still a go for her, so we are leaving in the am for there. Kinda thankful the gkids are staying at their dad’s this time. 😂 Probably won’t be on much until we get back.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    Good morning everyone! I wasn't here yesterday because I got a late start and was busy all day. But I'm here now!

@mswatson0777 Yes, I guess I was. :) That's great that the dentist was a simple procedure. I hope those work meetings flew by on Thursday, that's a lot of meetings! I'm glad you listened to your body and did some light yoga. Sometimes that is just what we need.

@gemwolf110 Thanks! I'm lucky that it's always warm weather where I live (west coast). My pooch is getting old so is pretty slow. I still take him on walks but it's not great exercise because we go so slowly lol. Now that my plantar fasciitis seems to be gone, I look forward to walking with my friends again. Zumba definitely will get your steps in! :D

@its_cleo Work on the weekend? I hope not! Bummer.

@joannadavison The roller definitely sounds like something of interest to me. I'm sorry you had a bad night Thursday night. I hope you've been able to sleep better since.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I do like it when I do it. It's just the doing it part... ;) I didn't need a broken hip, that's why I didn't skate at the networking event I went to lol. No thanks! Strep and the flu? Oh dear. Poor GS & now GD too!

@TeresaW1020 Yes indeed! Go, Teresa! I hope all goes well with getting your mom settled.

COMMITTED.
  • its_cleo
    Well gang here’s the good news—I didn’t have to work this weekend because I got enough done during the week. I have to write round of a huge report (a lot of my job is writing) but I got enough done on Friday. Still pretty busy next week because I want it completely done but it should ease up after that hopefully> I always have a break when clients are reviewing.

I’ve been on track with calories all week and I feel really good about myself. I think the habits are slowly changing. Like Friday I wanted to eat out, or have a drink or have some cake and I was like you have to choose. Because everything is too many calories. So I picked piece of chocolate cake. And it was kind of mediocre to be honest but at least I didn’t go over calories.

Stayed on track with exercise too although earlier in the week I wasn’t motivated but I just went through the motions.

Bad news- my computer aargh! I think I mentioned it was working very well. It is pretty much dead at this point. I can’t get it to function. So about a week ago I ordered a new battery for it because the issue is it wont work even when plugged in and the battery is kaput so I hope the new battery will let it recognize the power source. My computer is 3 years old and Dell actually doesn’t make the battery anymore (bc that would be helpful)) so I had to buy it online from some random company and now I’m like is this ever going to come or is it a scam?

Because I’ve been waiting a week. And I’m kind of going crazy without my computer. So right now- I’m using a Sony laptop I bought in 2006. And it works but it is very VERY slow. Still it kind of kills me that a laptop from 2006 works better than a 3 year old Dell.

I really really don’t want to buy another computer. So hopefully this part comes Monday.

@trooworld so glad your plantar fasciitis is better! I struggle with it a bit too so I know it really sucks.

@mswatson777 listening to your body is definitely key! I always learn it the hard way. My tendonitis was caused by ignoring pain..I dunno if it will ever heal! I took qual studies and stats. I think I prefer stats. It was the only math I was really good at. Although Ive forgotten most of it by now.

@TeresaW1020 that’s really interesting about WW and the plans. I wish they had them when I tried it last year. Last year they just had one kind and it didn’t work for me. Good luck with it! It did hel to kick start me! Sometimes it’s good just to have that structure. Hope things are going well in Florida- travel safe and take care!

@RetiredandLovingIt yeah skating. When I was a kid my dad took us and it was fine but I don’t like it now. Well I haven’t tried in years. I loooved roller skating. Our school took us to like the last roller rink in the area. I wish they still had them. Actually in Toronto there is an all women roller derby league and I went to one of the games a few years ago. It was fun to watch.

@joannadavison yikes with the pain! I sometimes have pain like that that keeps me up. The tennis ball definitely helps. I use a lacrosse ball but same idea. I hope you can get some relief.

@theslightedgeforever how are you Looks like you met your drinking goal?

• its_cleo
    @gemwolf110 good to see you back!
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2020
    @trooworld Kudos to you for your yoga and tracking your food. Way to work on the habits.

@mswatson0777 Hooray for sticking to your calorie goals. I've been hit and miss this week which doesn't help with any weight loss. I'm using March 1 as a springboard. Really? only 2 seasons of Lizzy McGuire? I thought the same way you did.

@gemwolf110 I wonder on the disconnect between MFP and WW is the quality of the food you are eating? I remember when WW changed to their smartpoints and instead of eating anything you want as long as it fit the points they changed things with higher sugar, fat, etc to higher points. So think about your goals? Think about long term consistency. How can you balance out the two? Feeling restricted for too long won't work in the long run. I had a slower weight loss rate but I was consistent for about 6 months. I've struggled the month of February so I'm trying to get consistent again. You sound like you have a good exercise schedule worked out.

@its_cleo Great for you to check in. Sometimes life gets busy. We just got to keep ourselves at the top of the list. Easy to write, hard to do sometimes. Well now you know that the chocolate cake may not be the right choice for next time. You're right. Sometimes we have to choose. But if it was just mediocre, I'd choose something else. lol I'm learning to make my calories worth it. I remember when I made my vow to never buy another Dell computer again. At the moment I'm using HP. Roller derby. I used to love watching that on TV when I was a kid. I had met my water goal a couple of times this week. Maybe more than that. I know I was much better. Oh just realized I need to think about March goals. It snuck up on me as this is February. I always forget it's a short month. Even with leap year.

@joannadavison Woohoo on your tracking. I hope you get your sciatica nerve under control. I heard that can be very painful. Undergrads complaining about their workload. lol

@retiredandlovingit Thanks for the info on the other minihabit thread. Like I really need another thread to comment on. lol But I'll check it out. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get our food and exercise habits going at the same time? I'm just trying to focus on TODAY and get it right. I remember skating on sidewalks and how the cracks would almost trip me up. Sorry about all the sickness in your dd's family but happy bday to your gd. Teenage years are fun.

@teresaw1020 I wonder why WW decided to redo the Points Plus plan and not the Smartpoints. Smartpoints are healthier I think. Speaking of counting is counting....I did much better at carb cycling than just counting calories and I can't figure out why either. I always like to know the "why" behind it but I guess if it works it doesn't really matter. Yes, real food is the way to go. That's part of my mini habits book right now. You know you were talking about switching the mindset off low carb. I'm working on that now with eating whole foods with higher carbs on my red days. My mantra is Just Figure it Out. Sending good thoughts, vibes, prayers your way. Sounds like you may need all three. lol You can do this. It will just take a few weeks to adjust to your new normal.

Yellow Day- Went over 292/164 Exercise 60 min walking

February goal- Drinking 3 glasses of water :(

• nighthazel01
    nighthazel01 Posts: 57 Member
    @trooworld- nice job with the steps, I love walking, it's my only form of exercise

@theslightedgeforever - I have do nothing days too, and I always feel meh, after. I try to start the day with a plan, this doesn't always happen for me though

Good Morning everyone. It's been a good week, but I haven't been tracking my food that well. My DH has been cooking dinner, and it's hard for me to know how to track these homemade meals. I walked everyday this week during my lunch. It's been so cold a few of the days I had to really bundle up, we're talking snow pants and all. I work in an office so it feel ridiculous, but it gets me outside once a day.