22 - AF
    23 - AF
    24 - AF
    25 - AF
    26 - AF
    27 - AF
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Haven't been keeping up with my drinks in this past week and a half, but getting back on the wagon to remain AF the remainder of this month and let myself have a little fun with drinks in the next month. Then taper off because I signed up for another Marathon at the beginning of June. Y'all are a great group of people...
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Hey all. Another AF 24 hours here! I am the kind of person who really enjoys a glass of wine (or two, or three) after the kids go to bed. I have two younger kids and a full time job and my life is frenetic a lot of the time keeping it all together. I also love having wine while cooking, but then that turns into also having a glass with dinner, which can turn into also having a glass after kids are in bed. And there you have my 3 glasses a night habit. Which is too many. Way too many for me.

I still find myself really wanting wine most of my AF nights, I wish it wasn't such a struggle. I try to think of myself through my kids' eyes. Do I want their image of me to be someone who ALWAYS has a glass of wine with her at the dinner table? Or do I want them to see a more balanced picture of drinking?

The good news is- I definitely feel better the next day when I've had an AF day. Let's just say I'm not 21 anymore. Even one glass of wine can sometimes be noticeable in my overall grogginess the next morning.

Feb 1: 2 drinks (2 glasses of wine, birthday hotel weekend away!)
    Feb 2: 1 drink (1 glass of champagne, celebrating the fact that I bought my kids a pony).
    Feb 3: AF
    Feb 4: AF
    Feb 5: AF
    Feb 6: AF
    Feb 7: 1 drink (1 glass of wine)
    Feb 8: 2 drinks (2 glasses of wine)
    Feb 9: AF
    Feb 10: 2 drinks (2 glasses of wine, at a work training and had to make small talk at a mandatory social event)
    Feb 11: AF
    Feb 12: AF proud of myself for this particular stretch as I am still at the working training, and there are still mandatory awkward social events).
    Feb 13: 3 drinks (work event social stuff)
    Feb 14: 1 drink (glass of wine)
    Feb 15: AF
    Feb 16:: 3 drinks (playing board games with my husband)
    Feb 17: 1 drink (beer, had some friends over for dinner and gave in to social temptation)
    Feb 18: AF
    Feb 19: AF
    Feb 20: AF
    Feb 21: waaaaay too many (seafood and wine festival)
    Feb 22: AF
    Feb 23: 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 24: AF
    Feb 25: AF
    Feb 26: AF

So far in Feb: 15/26 AF days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    Short month, so this might be challenging.
    I had 18AF days for January

Saturday February 1 - AF - Superbowl party tomorrow (yes, we Canadians love it too) so not planning to be AF. I am planning to intersperse glasses of water between drinks, and I have 1 cold no-alcohol beer to take with me to the party.
    Sunday February 2 - Drinks and too much fattening food, but very fun. Shakira and JLo were great!
    Monday February 3 - AF - Felt a bit rough this morning until I had my lemon water.
    Tuesday February 4 - AF - It is my designated drinks day, but I also am trying to have 2AF days in a row in between, so abstained.
    Wednesday February 5 - 3 drinks
    Thursday February 6 - AF
    Friday Feb 7 - AF - The weight is finally coming down after Superbowl. We have a big event here in town next weekend, Winter Blitzville, the second annual. They close off the downtown and snowmobiles flip in the air over ramps, there are live bands, bbqs on the main street, fireworks etc. Many people will come back and forth from my house over the course of the day and night (I live right downtown) and I will put a giant pot of mulled wine on the stove for people coming and going to use the washroom and warm up a bit. I am going to try for only 2 drink days before then, because I will for sure want to indulge in some Mulled Wine. Guess that I will need to clean my house a bit lol.
    Saturday Feb 08 - AF - It was a planned day for drinks, but I wasn't feeling that well, so wanted to give my body a fighting chance.
    Sunday Feb 09 - AF - I was going to have Champagne to watch the Oscars, but didn't. OMG, 4 AF days in a row!! Second time ever
    Monday Feb 10 - AF - My first time to 5 AF days in a row. Planned drinks day tomorrow.
    Tuesday Feb 11 - 3 drinks - I thought that they might hit me after 5 AF days, but surprisingly they didn't. Hmm. Big dinner I guess.
    Wednesday Feb 12 - AF - Even though I didn't feel "buzzed" last night, I still felt a bit rough today. Planning on AF until Mulled Wine on Saturday.
    Thursday Feb 13 - AF - Still didn't feel well today, but got through the work day and wasn't up to having drinks.
    Friday Feb 14 - AF - I did have very small 1/2 teaspoon tastes of the mulled wine to adjust the sugar, cloves etc. while the vat was simmering - possibly an ounce altogether, but I am not counting that. Tomorrow I will be having some with guests.
    Saturday Feb 15 - Mulled Wine, a bunch of small servings.
    Sunday Feb 16 - AF - planning on AF tomorrow also.
    Monday Feb 17 = AF
    Tuesday Feb 18 - 3 drinks.
    Wednesday Feb 19 - AF - Planning on AF tomorrow also.
    Thursday Feb 20 - AF - I am still feeling the after effects of that cold/flu that I had, still sniffling and coughing. I have so much mulled wine left from the weekend and it might have served as an antihistamine, but I am on a new path to make sure that I have at least 2AF days in between, so didn't have any. Nyquil or Neo Citran will suffice before bed so that I can lay down without being stuffed up.
    Friday Feb 21 - AF - Sitting at 750 calories for the day, so I need to find a way to consume some more. This never happens when I have alcohol of course (think a vat of pistachio nuts to accompany the booze). Stuffed up, so not too interested in food. Happy to have hit the lower portion of my monthly goal with so many days left!! I am likely going to have some mulled wine tomorrow.
    Saturday Feb 22 - 1 glass of mulled wine in the afternoon. It felt really nice for my cold that returned this week, temporary antihistamine, delicious, and warm.
    Sunday Feb 23 - AF
    Monday Feb 24 - AF
    Tuesday Feb 25 - 2 drinks. I usually have 3, but the 2 really hit me harder than usual, maybe I didn't have enough to eat. Drunk is never the intent, I like a nice relaxing feeling and enjoy the taste but don't like feeling drunk. It was a stressful Tuesday, and 1 1/2 of those drinks were really lovely. All good now, 2 glasses of water since, and soon bedtime.
    Wednesday Feb 26 - AF
    Thursday Feb 27 - AF - 20AF days, that must be a record for me : - ) Hit the top portion of my monthly goal, and may even squeeze in another before the month is said and done.

Running tally - 20AF days out of 27 days so far
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy wrote: "Thursday Feb 27 - AF - 20AF days, that must be a record for me : - ) Hit the top portion of my monthly goal, and may even squeeze in another before the month is said and done."

WELL DONE GIRL. yes it is a record for you to hit 20 days AF. (Because I have my 👀 on you!) Big congrats.
  • MissMay
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    2/25 -- first report in 2020. i had slightly less last night.
    2/26 -- i usually drink from the time i get home till bed time. stopped drinking an hour before bed. i guess its a start but still 4 hours of heavy drinking!

Welcome back. Remember it is your journey. However you view less for yourself is how it is going to be your own goal. No one here is following the same tactics. I am very proud you stopped drinking an hour before bed. BRAVO!
  • MissMay
    Day 22 AF done! Exceeded Feb goal of 20 AF days! The feeling of taking control of the direction of my life feels really good. Totally worth the occasional insomnia and minor craving discomforts that come and go. I just focused on meeting the goal for the day and it became something do-able.
    Surprised how setting a bigger goal in Feb resulted in bigger results. So for March, which looks to be an easy month with no vacations or major holidays and events, I want to raise my AF goal to 29 days.

Another extended goal setter. Awesome job @globalhiker.
  • shorepine
    Hey all, another 24 hours here without alcohol. :)

Feb 1: 2 drinks (2 glasses of wine, birthday hotel weekend away!)
    Feb 2: 1 drink (1 glass of champagne, celebrating the fact that I bought my kids a pony).
    Feb 3: AF
    Feb 4: AF
    Feb 5: AF
    Feb 6: AF
    Feb 7: 1 drink (1 glass of wine)
    Feb 8: 2 drinks (2 glasses of wine)
    Feb 9: AF
    Feb 10: 2 drinks (2 glasses of wine, at a work training and had to make small talk at a mandatory social event)
    Feb 11: AF
    Feb 12: AF proud of myself for this particular stretch as I am still at the working training, and there are still mandatory awkward social events).
    Feb 13: 3 drinks (work event social stuff)
    Feb 14: 1 drink (glass of wine)
    Feb 15: AF
    Feb 16:: 3 drinks (playing board games with my husband)
    Feb 17: 1 drink (beer, had some friends over for dinner and gave in to social temptation)
    Feb 18: AF
    Feb 19: AF
    Feb 20: AF
    Feb 21: waaaaay too many (seafood and wine festival)
    Feb 22: AF
    Feb 23: 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 24: AF
    Feb 25: AF
    Feb 26: AF
    Feb 27: AF

So far in Feb: 16/27 AF days
  • Old habit: 1-4 drinks/evening.
    Goal: Ease into only drinking on Friday & Saturday! Consistently be AF 5 days a week.
    January outcome- 15 AF / 27 days.

FEB 1- AF 😊
    FEB 2- AF 😁
    FEB 3- AF :D
    FEB 4- AF :D
    FEB 5- AF :D
    FEB 6- AF :D
    FEB 7- 1 Drink (Friday)
    FEB 8- 2 Drinks (Saturday)
    FEB 9- AF :D
    FEB 10- AF :smiley:
    FEB 11- AF :D
    FEB 12- AF :D
    FEB 13- AF 😁
    FEB 14- 2 Drinks (Friday)
    FEB 15- 1.5 Drinks (Saturday)
    FEB 16- 1 Drink
    FEB 17- 1 Drink
    FEB 18- AF :D
    FEB 19- AF :D
    FEB 20- 1 Drink
    FEB 21- 4 Drinks (Friday)
    FEB 22- 4 Drinks (Saturday)
    FEB 23- AF :D
    FEB 24- AF :smiley:
    FEB 25- AF :D
    FEB 26- 3 drinks
    FEB 27- AF :D

Daily note: Wednesday night was a blip on the radar for sure. I had a few drinks. No regets though. My husband needed help finishing up some food dishes for a potluck he was having with his coworkers the next day. So it turned into a late night of cooking for us. If I didn't have a couple drinks, I would have been grumpy, tired and resentful about having to stay up late on a work night, unexpectedly. After a drink I was more awake, relaxed and able to enjoy our time together. Worth it.

17 AF / 27 Days
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    1 - 330ml beer, 250ml wine
    2 - AF
    3 - AF
    4 - AF
    5 - AF
    6 - AF
    7 - AF
    8 - 330ml Belgian beer (11%)
    9 - AF
    10 - AF
    11 - AF
    12 - AF
    13 - AF
    14 - AF
    15 - AF
    16 - AF
    17 - AF
    18 - AF
    19 - AF
    20 - AF
    21 - 3 glasses of wine
    22 - AF
    23 - AF
    24 - AF
    25 - AF
    26 - AF
    27 - AF
    28 - 500ml (ish) red wine. Cycling club awards dinner. I bought a bottle and my OH had a glass, I drank the rest. I didn't drink any more than planned and turned down drinks at a work event earlier in the day. I don't think i'll drink tomorrow so happy with only 4 drinking days this month.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    @shorepine I keep meaning to ask you, how excited were your kids about the pony? Got any pony pix? That’s so cool!
  • shorepine
    @WinoGelato thanks for remembering! They were ridiculously excited and we have been having fun all month with the pony, whose name is Little Smokey. :)

For them bringing home a pony maybe wasn't quite the novelty it might be for other children, since we live on a small horse farm. But, they haven't had anything just their size so it's a whole new world with them able to participate and learn how to ride. I looked for the perfect pony for over a year, wanting to find something very safe, so that was the reason for the celebratory champagne. I also was that kid who wanted a pony desperately but couldn't have one since I lived in the city. So I've worked my whole life to be able to have a little farm and horses on my property, bringing home a pony was kind of the cherry on top satisfying a long ago childhood dream for me. So it feels like I "made it". Hahaha. My 11 year old self would be so proud of me. That is a good feeling! :)
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2020
    1 - 330ml beer, 250ml wine
    2 - AF
    3 - AF
    4 - AF
    5 - AF
    6 - AF
    7 - AF
    8 - 330ml Belgian beer (11%)
    9 - AF
    10 - AF
    11 - AF
    12 - AF
    13 - AF
    14 - AF
    15 - AF
    16 - AF
    17 - AF
    18 - AF
    19 - AF
    20 - AF
    21 - 3 glasses of wine
    22 - AF
    23 - AF
    24 - AF
    25 - AF
    26 - AF
    27 - AF
    28 - 500ml (ish) red wine
    29 - AF

25/29 AF

Trying to decide whether to shoot for the whole month AF in March or whether to set my target around 26. I'll have a think.
  • MissMay
    edited March 2020
    Good morning.
    I ended February '20 a little more misty than last years February '19. This year put me at 25AF days with 29 days in the calendar. The goal setting news was I did not exceed my personal 2 drink limit. Keeping away from having an entire bottle open. I chose to open the small one serving bottle of prosecco instead.
    Being aware of how much you should be drinking is a step to enforcing your own limits. If your doing it for calorie counting, maintaining dignity for the evening or thinking about that throbbing head the next morning. AWARENESS counts.

Taking us over into the next month which I am calling March MINDNESS ( being mindful of our alcohol consumptions)