Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

1454647484951»

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hope you all do something fun in this weekend. I'm taking the dog on a long hike - and anyone else I can cajole into joining us!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    This title is a greater reality for me now. Getting further on with "in their 50s". Before you know it, our generation will be among the "old" people in their 60s and 70s.
  • timnsara617
    timnsara617 Posts: 7 Member
    I’m in need to lose weight for knee replacement surgery and need some motivation. Was doing good for awhile but got sick and got off track.
  • markcconradie
    markcconradie Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, 51 this year, new to tracking calories, but need to lose 10 pounds and find MFP very useful. Not sure what my motivation is, maybe not being able to fit into last years surfing shorts has something to do with it. Anyway, started a lifting program at my local gym too which is fun, never lifted before, so that may help tighten up the sagging 50 year old muscles. Good luck to all.
  • Hi everyone. I'm 58, had lost 115 pounds. Last spring I lost my wife to cancer, and stopped taking care of myself, gaining 40 pounds back. Its time to get back on track, and MFP was very helpful in my original journey.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm 58, had lost 115 pounds. Last spring I lost my wife to cancer, and stopped taking care of myself, gaining 40 pounds back. Its time to get back on track, and MFP was very helpful in my original journey.

Good luck with your journey, you have made the initial start!
  • zinnwithme
    zinnwithme Posts: 8 Member
    I hope everyone here is still active as I am all in. We need support in todays COVID 19 climate more then ever. I am here, I am strong. Lets do this!
    Naomi
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    Yes we can!
  • TonyB0588
    I agree. Age is just a number. Doctor thought I would've been dead 40 years ago, but I might yet go another 40 now.
  • annliz23
    ope7vkn6efwu.jpg
    I wont let age stop me, I will persevere through the aches and pains and come out stronger! Believe in yourself!
  • ClaireBear9190
    ClaireBear9190 Posts: 4 Member
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Hey there-
    Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
    Jay in Atlanta
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Hey there-
    Lets start a support group for men and women in their 50s that are going to make changes in 2019! I need the help and am starting today! Role Call! Who is in?
    Jay in Atlanta

• ClaireBear9190
    ClaireBear9190 Posts: 4 Member
    I used to have a few friends that would give me a thumbs up or a few words of encouragement after a workout or after a post that I’ve been logging in for 120 days and visa versa. But as time went by, each person fell off. Now I have none. I’ve lost 35 lbs and have 35lbs to go. I’m SURE I’m not the only one out there that, THAT kind of encouragement helps. I miss my “buddies”
    I’m looking for some friends ... and together we can be “friends” and encourage each other along the way!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    I used to have a few friends that would give me a thumbs up or a few words of encouragement after a workout or after a post that I’ve been logging in for 120 days and visa versa. But as time went by, each person fell off. Now I have none. I’ve lost 35 lbs and have 35lbs to go. I’m SURE I’m not the only one out there that, THAT kind of encouragement helps. I miss my “buddies”
    I’m looking for some friends ... and together we can be “friends” and encourage each other along the way!

Feel free to add me I'm on every day
  • annliz23
    You can add me if you want I too am on most days!
  • TonyB0588

I have hundreds of friends on here, but many of them seem to have gone dormant. Also I don't look at my social page often enough to see if people are giving me comments or thumbs up.
  • annliz23
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I have hundreds of friends on here, but many of them seem to have gone dormant. Also I don't look at my social page often enough to see if people are giving me comments or thumbs up.

I have found friends have kept me motivated!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member

I do! I’m one of your best cheerleaders! 😁
  • TonyB0588

I do! I’m one of your best cheerleaders! 😁

Thanks. Think I've seen that when I looked. I filter the email notifications straight to a separate folder, so i don't actually know unless I'm on the page.