I’m Struggling...

2»

Replies

• fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    geltner1 wrote: »
    For me, the trouble starts when I stop logging my meals. I've stopped logging for a few months and I just started back to it today. Feels good to have a fresh start.

I feel like that is what I will need to for awhile. Maybe one day I will have the confidence to stop logging, but I'm okay with that. If measuring, weighing, and logging allows me to stay consistent I am willing to do that. It's a habit now.

The one thing that I have learned is that there are no easy answers. A strategy that works for me may not work for others. I am open to exploring other strategies, but if I gain weight then I know they don't work. Take one day at a time! There are no mistakes (or regrets), just learning what you need to do to be successful.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I gained 6 lbs after Xmas also, some people told me I was obsessive about my weight but I dont want that 40 lbs back on! I read the beck diet solution book which helped. Teaches you how thin people think. Also they mentioned response cards, writing down reminders. I took my phone and wrote me notes and I read them twice a day such as You cant have it both ways, you will be sorry tomorrow if you eat that, you want to fit in your clothes, eat slow, do you want to gain that weight back? It really helped. I got the weight off again!!
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I gained 6 lbs after Xmas also, some people told me I was obsessive about my weight but I dont want that 40 lbs back on! I read the beck diet solution book which helped. Teaches you how thin people think. Also they mentioned response cards, writing down reminders. I took my phone and wrote me notes and I read them twice a day such as You cant have it both ways, you will be sorry tomorrow if you eat that, you want to fit in your clothes, eat slow, do you want to gain that weight back? It really helped. I got the weight off again!!

I am not at my goal weight, but I have lost 56 pounds and 20+ inches. I have a history of the weight roller coaster, but I am determined that this is the life style change I need to maintain a healthy body. However, I can relate to people thinking I am being obsessive about my weight. Usually people that have never had weight issues. I am so scared about gaining any weight or even meeting my goal weight. I am so delighted about my progress! I have a little more than 30 pounds to go, but I am fearful that I won't make it (or I will gain back weight). I'm curious about the book you mentioned. It seems to have helped you. Changing my mindset is a constant battle (and being patient).
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Body weight set point!! Look it up!