February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited February 2020
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Hrm. They are calling for 30mph winds tomorrow... not sure about my long run. Unless I can get a big sail maybe...

I have one you can borrow. Do you want a main or a jib?

Nah give him a spinnaker and really watch him fly!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Trail Marathon or road Marathon, which would you pick?

Yes!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    I did a treadmill run today and barely made my February goal. I'm happy since it's a shorter month AND I was on vacation with no running for several days. Tomorrow is a rest day, so this is it for the month.

exercise.png

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    shanaber wrote: »

I also would like to buy some running shorts, but I don't know what I like. I have some cute nike ones that are SO comfortable, but I don't know if they're too short and they fit as tight as leggings do, but they're shorts. I feel like I should get some that are more loose-fitting. I also want pockets. Lots and lots of pockets.

Oiselle long pocket joggers.

I second this or if you want loose shorts instead of compression, I like the Oiselle Long Roga Shorts (only 2 pockets but the back one is big enough for my iPhone) or the Toolbelt Roga Shorts with an all around mesh pocket waist band.

Oh yah, I like the long roga too. I use them for hiking more just because I prefer compression for running. I can fit my phone in the side pocket too.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    @Tramboman Happy birthday!!!
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    @Tramboman - Happy Birthday!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Hrm. They are calling for 30mph winds tomorrow... not sure about my long run. Unless I can get a big sail maybe...

A parachute. Get a parachute. And take a running jump off maybe a picnic table. And then send us video.

@LoveyChar she’s perfect! It’s not just the winning. I’ve never won. I’m not faster or better and i am quite small. I think if it’s all about the medals, it wouldn’t mean as much to me. I DO have them hung in my office, but they’re all finisher medals. It’s a symbol for me to remember that i can do hard things. I am stronger than i think i am. I’m the only person I’m competing with. She will feed on that from you. It will fuel her in every area of her life.

Also to your trail or road question - i have never done a marathon on either but I have done some long runs on some pretty technical trails here and i LOVE IT. The ONLY reason i got road shoes is because my marathon is on the road and I knew I had to find a reason to be more disciplined in my training and stay off the trails. I was having too much fun and not focusing on actual training. After my marathon, until i figure out what i am doing next, I’ll be back on the trails :)

@RunsOnEspresso I SAW THE OSEILLES TODAY! They also have a pair of shorts with a tool belt option so i would essentially NEVER have to carry a pack because there are SO MANY POCKETS! And they’re loose so people won’t think I’m trying to advertise my butt! And they have YELLOW ones! On SALE!

@Tramboman i think someone already guessed your age and i have been agonizing about it all day! 68?

@autumnblade75 we should all be committed and that’s probably why we’re running instead ;)

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member

A parachute. Get a parachute. And take a running jump off maybe a picnic table. And then send us video.

@LoveyChar she’s perfect! It’s not just the winning. I’ve never won. I’m not faster or better and i am quite small. I think if it’s all about the medals, it wouldn’t mean as much to me. I DO have them hung in my office, but they’re all finisher medals. It’s a symbol for me to remember that i can do hard things. I am stronger than i think i am. I’m the only person I’m competing with. She will feed on that from you. It will fuel her in every area of her life.

Also to your trail or road question - i have never done a marathon on either but I have done some long runs on some pretty technical trails here and i LOVE IT. The ONLY reason i got road shoes is because my marathon is on the road and I knew I had to find a reason to be more disciplined in my training and stay off the trails. I was having too much fun and not focusing on actual training. After my marathon, until i figure out what i am doing next, I’ll be back on the trails :)

@RunsOnEspresso I SAW THE OSEILLES TODAY! They also have a pair of shorts with a tool belt option so i would essentially NEVER have to carry a pack because there are SO MANY POCKETS! And they’re loose so people won’t think I’m trying to advertise my butt! And they have YELLOW ones! On SALE!

@Tramboman i think someone already guessed your age and i have been agonizing about it all day! 68?

@autumnblade75 we should all be committed and that’s probably why we’re running instead ;)

68 is correct.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    My running goals for 2020 are to build up endurance and speed while staying healthy. Strength goal - lose body fat and gain some muscle and work on flexibility.

February goal : 60 miles
    Race: Cap 10K in April

Date/Distance:
    2/1 - Yoga/strength day
    2/2 – 7.1 miles
    2/3 – Slow Flow Yoga
    2/4 – 4.2 miles
    2/5 – Walked 1.5 miles, Strength Circuit
    2/6 – Ran 2.5 miles on treadmill, cycled at gym
    2/7 – 3 miles
    2/8 – Strength circuit, indoor cycle
    2/9 – Walked 7 miles. Didn’t hurt too much and was nice to loosen up a bit.
    2/10 – Yoga today, then PT (airrosti ) on the hip.
    2/11 – walked 1.7 at Gym ( PT stretch routine) and treadmill/elliptical
    2/12 – elliptical/cycle day
    2/13 – PT Routine/Treadmill walk 1.5 miles
    2/14 – walked 4.4 miles
    2/15 – Yoga/gym day
    2/16 – 7.1 mile run, with some walking
    2/17-3.75 mile walk-flexor was sore!
    2/18-4.25 mile run- intervals with walking
    2/19: PT circuit/Cycle
    2/20: Dreadmill 4.25 miles
    2/21: Walked 2 miles
    2/22: PT circuit/Cycle
    2/23: 7 mile run, with some walking.
    2/24: Yoga, 4 mile walk
    2/25: Strength Circuit, cycle
    2/26: 4.5 mile run
    2/27: PT /strength circuit.
    2/28: 4.4 mile run.
    2/29: Yoga/strength circuit

Monthly total – 48 miles running, 25 miles walking -

2/28 & 2/29: Decided I had to run – it was 73 degrees and gorgeous! I spent 30 minutes before rolling and really targeting my back, glutes and quads. It seemed to help as my hip flexor was not talking to me and I felt ok after. I rolled my back out post run too to keep it from getting tight. We shall see…..baby steps. Today is another gorgeous day but will do yoga/ gym. Hope to run tomorrow to kick of March. Happy Leap Year to all!✌
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    bearly63 wrote: »
    My running goals for 2020 are to build up endurance and speed while staying healthy. Strength goal - lose body fat and gain some muscle and work on flexibility.

February goal : 60 miles
    Race: Cap 10K in April

Date/Distance:
    2/1 - Yoga/strength day
    2/2 – 7.1 miles
    2/3 – Slow Flow Yoga
    2/4 – 4.2 miles
    2/5 – Walked 1.5 miles, Strength Circuit
    2/6 – Ran 2.5 miles on treadmill, cycled at gym
    2/7 – 3 miles
    2/8 – Strength circuit, indoor cycle
    2/9 – Walked 7 miles. Didn’t hurt too much and was nice to loosen up a bit.
    2/10 – Yoga today, then PT (airrosti ) on the hip.
    2/11 – walked 1.7 at Gym ( PT stretch routine) and treadmill/elliptical
    2/12 – elliptical/cycle day
    2/13 – PT Routine/Treadmill walk 1.5 miles
    2/14 – walked 4.4 miles
    2/15 – Yoga/gym day
    2/16 – 7.1 mile run, with some walking
    2/17-3.75 mile walk-flexor was sore!
    2/18-4.25 mile run- intervals with walking
    2/19: PT circuit/Cycle
    2/20: Dreadmill 4.25 miles
    2/21: Walked 2 miles
    2/22: PT circuit/Cycle
    2/23: 7 mile run, with some walking.
    2/24: Yoga, 4 mile walk
    2/25: Strength Circuit, cycle
    2/26: 4.5 mile run
    2/27: PT /strength circuit.
    2/28: 4.4 mile run.
    2/29: Yoga/strength circuit

Monthly total – 48 miles running, 25 miles walking -

2/28 & 2/29: Decided I had to run – it was 73 degrees and gorgeous! I spent 30 minutes before rolling and really targeting my back, glutes and quads. It seemed to help as my hip flexor was not talking to me and I felt ok after. I rolled my back out post run too to keep it from getting tight. We shall see…..baby steps. Today is another gorgeous day but will do yoga/ gym. Hope to run tomorrow to kick of March. Happy Leap Year to all!✌

I hadn’t even considered using a foam roller pre-run!!!!!

I am up for a long run today but naturally, i don’t want to leave the bed.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    Now you have me crying @polskagirl01 . That's such a sweet story. Makes me think every kids race needs an award for last place.

• bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    @polskagirl01
    Dang onions.....cutting them always makes me weep.....That is such a special award! Thanks for sharing!

@Camaramandy648
    I am trying anything and everything lol! Warm beds on Saturday morning are hard to leave. Have a great end of February long run!!