Looking for friends to support eachother!

2»

Replies

• lisaab27
    lisaab27 Posts: 56 Member
    Me too! I need friends for support. All my friends have dropped out! Can people please add me to their friends? I need people, feedback & support!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    I'm a 48 year old married father of 4. Got the cholesterol scare speach 3 years ago and took a transformation journey.

Not sure what to do next but looking for friends to help get here and also friends to encourage each other to maintain.
  • alxinhim2
    alxinhim2 Posts: 81 Member
    This sounds just like me. I lost 40 and I’ve definitely gained some due to lack of motivation and binge eating. I play an outdoor sport on weekends so that helps, but I found out yesterday that I have a meniscus tear, so I’m gonna have to take it easy on that leg for a while. But I still want to do some workouts and eat better! Let’s do this!!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    alxinhim2 wrote: »
    This sounds just like me. I lost 40 and I’ve definitely gained some due to lack of motivation and binge eating. I play an outdoor sport on weekends so that helps, but I found out yesterday that I have a meniscus tear, so I’m gonna have to take it easy on that leg for a while. But I still want to do some workouts and eat better! Let’s do this!!

My son dislocated his shoulder as a soccer keeper. Be careful with recovery. Rushing back is not worth long term damage. I have plenty from when I did not wait long enough.... He will probably have to find a new sport or exercise routine.
  • lisaab27
    lisaab27 Posts: 56 Member
    I need friends please add me!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    If your diary is open and you don't starve yourself feel free to add me.

One thing to always remember though is that this is a life-long journey. Not a quick fix. It's a lifestyle change.

You will have days or even maybe weeks where things are roygh and you gain because you ate everything you want and didn't watch your portions and whatnot. That's ok. You'll get back in the wagon and go back to losing or maintaining, whatever your goal is at that time.

Also keep in mind that you shouldn't restrict yourself, too much anyway. This is the time where you have to learn you can eat everything you want but in moderation
  • Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    I tore my meniscus in 2016, had a crap surgeon "fix" it and have not been able to exercise since. Ended up packing on the pounds and doing lots of emotional eating! Not the best example for my kiddo to see 🙄

I am now working on getting my knee repaired and being healthy. But I know there will be many days that will feel like one step forward and two steps back. Regardless, I plan to keep moving forward 😁
  • coffeesunrise
    coffeesunrise Posts: 12 Member
    Add me, looking for friends who also struggle.
  • evilwitchvegan
    evilwitchvegan Posts: 15 Member
    Happy have more friends.
  • Tumbles617
    Tumbles617 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi! I need friends too! I don’t know how to request anyone. I feel like I am technologically stupid lol
  • kathsk53
    kathsk53 Posts: 58 Member
    I’m back after going missing in action starting back this weekend friend me