I need to run now, but I'll be back to read back through the posts~~

Lana

252.8 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hi!
    just popping in. Enjoying all the posts.
    Good news on the crown - the main part of it is intact, so she was able to grind it down as it did not affect my bite and send me on my way. I feel like I just gained a couple of hundred $!
    Waves to all! Have a great Thursday!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    edited February 2020
    Good morning,

Lynn - Great News!! I am usually not so lucky.

I asked a neighbor if I could join them on their next trip to Walmart and he said I needed to conquer my fears. It is not in the best location, I will try and find a closer parking spot. Have my shopping list - Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Walmart I go and I am taking the balls I found again in my purse - dedededede -dedededede - earworm for the day - if it makes you walk with greater energy then perfect.

Soccer is tomorrow, so knitting it is. My bacon basil quiche worked out well (onion was toast).

Wishing all a great Thursday.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Especially liked the kitten cheerleader. Missed posting yesterday because the site was down and never got back to it. This group is so uplifting. Glad to see many doing well. Still trying to get my brain in gear.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning TGIF!!!

csfhkgvrs4bv.png

Not much on my to do list, but will make sure to keep busy.

Wishing all a great Friday
  • holly1283
    Love Maxwell pig!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hi!
    Quick pop in! Happy Friday!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

***** SATURDAY FEBRUARY 29TH *****

f7pbcmr6cycv.jpg

• LanaCabana537

Good morning Ladies~~

Just a quick peep for now..... The DO LIST is long and demanding today

Lana

252.0 today
    258.8 highest
    243.0 goal for end of March (Ha!)
  • holly1283
    It's always gratifying to check off on the to do list. Hope all have a productive day one way or another.😉
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Broccoli /cheddar cheese quiche on my to do list as is egg salad, but as I am lazy right now, walking and knitting is what I am doing.

Soccer team looked rather pathetic today on TV - chocolate and Girl Scout cookies are available.

Wishing all a great day.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Greetings to everyone here. I'm Maureen, also in WI (one of you is in Chilton, I noticed). I started here in 2017, lost 20-25 lbs, regained 10 . . . started back in 2019, didn't get far (had to start a new account). But I am back and more determined than ever. I thought that in 2017, too--couldn't *imagine* falling off track, and yet I did.

I started a very long post all about myself, but really, I'd like to know more about each of you. I see some folks have stuck by this group a long time--that's great.

So, here are my basics. Please feel free to share similar info in as much or as little detail as possible. FYI, I *love* learning about different places, so where you are from (even just the country) would be great to know.

Mom to 3 ( male, 30; male, 22; female, 18)
    Raised in the southern US but in WI the past 33 years.
    Happily divorced.
    Now living near Madison, WI.
    4 fur babies--two cats, 1 dog, and 1 puppy.
    Have traveled for pleasure to Europe, East Asia, and Southeast Asia.
    I love to drive. My grandpa designed the GM Firebird I. :)
    Hoping to move south within about 3 years. No plans to retire, though. I LOVE teaching.
    Lost my dad this past fall; miss him a lot. Mom and all 4 sibs still alive and kicking.
    I travel to Florida several times a year to visit them.
    My favorite color is pink/magenta.
    My birthday (61st coming up) is St. Patrick's Day. I'm 5/8ths Irish and a natural red-head.

Ok, let me know if you want to know anything else.

SW: 231
    CW: 227
    GW: 150

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Dawn - prayer shawl was someone else's pattern and project and I like you dont really understand it - but they are warmth on the arms and shoulders and the church I go to has a number of older members so if it keeps them warm, that is what counts.

ufl8azkn5cmr.png

hcloqyeywbc5.png

poor cat - couldnt decide Dawn which one you would like more.

That is a wonderful thing. You are so thoughtful. I love both kitties...Thank you

• arniedog74
    I’m feeling like a jerk. A young lady at work (22) has decided to get in shape and lose weight. Yes, that is wonderful. She goes to gym 5-6 days a week, personal trainer 3 days a week. Sometimes, she goes to gym twice a day and hikes in between. She is eating 800-1,000 cal/day, almost vegetarian diet. She has lost 22 pounds and 20 inches in 4 weeks...yes, 4 weeks. Everyone keeps cheering her on and telling her how proud they are. But, I just can’t encourage her. She has a heart condition. She has an actual device in her heart, that she just had batteries replaced in, just a few months ago. She pushes herself at the gym, to the point of having “episodes “ with her heart. I don’t want to be a jerk. And, I’m sorry if that’s how I come across. Sorry. I just had to get that off my chest. Yes, people tell her to take rest days. She refuses. Doesn’t think she needs to. She even pushing her dogs. They’ve walked 8 miles in 2 days. And, she’s going tomorrow. Ok. I’m really sorry. This makes me sound like a jerk.
  • holly1283
    You are not being a jerk. Underneath it all it is probably concern. She is harming herself and undermining her health. That is not enough calories to give her proper nutrition. Sure it sounds and looks good on paper but she is depleting her muscle mass. AND what is the heart? Muscle. I can't imagine her cardiologist would be happy. Just encourage her to make wise choices.
  • arniedog74
    holly1283 wrote: »
    You are not being a jerk. Underneath it all it is probably concern. She is harming herself and undermining her health. That is not enough calories to give her proper nutrition. Sure it sounds and looks good on paper but she is depleting her muscle mass. AND what is the heart? Muscle. I can't imagine her cardiologist would be happy. Just encourage her to make wise choices.

We all express our concern. She says, she knows how hard she can push herself and so does trainer. So, hopefully, she will listen to herself. She will not listen to anyone. She doesn’t have good parenting role models. I’m just going to try to be positive. I just won’t encourage her.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited March 2020
    Dawn, you are not being a jerk. 22 pounds in 4 weeks does not sound like a healthy loss rate, especially with a heart condition. Has she said anything about You are not required to cheer her on in this if you think it is unsafe. As holly1283 said, encourage her to make wise choices.
  • LanaCabana537

*** SUNDAY MARCH 1ST ***

Good morning everyone~~

Dawn - Boy you caught my attention with that story. There is no way that losing 5.5 pounds per week is a healthy weight loss, even if someone were over 400 pounds - I know because DH has been there, and the hospital weight loss program he attended would not let him lose more than 3 pounds per week when he was over 400 pounds after the first two weeks.

I might tell her flat out that she should see her cardiologist immediately--that she is harming herself. If a 22-year old has an implanted heart device, that is a huge red flag. She must have some sort of arrhythmia, and at her age? Holy crow. What a forehead-slapper!

*Cabana Boy runs over to fan Lana, sit her down, and put away the soap box*
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    That's a scary story and if it were my daughter, I'd be terrified. Who knows how much the trainer actually knows--is she completely honest with him/her? Also, her pace is not sustainable under normal conditions and it is so bad for her body. I am sad that a young person is putting herself at such risk and I hope, at the worst, she gets a "warning shot" that prevents a fatal one. She really does need to see her cardiologist and discuss the "episodes" you have heard about. Having those symptoms might get her in sooner than otherwise.
  • arniedog74
    She has been encouraged to call her cardiologist, at the very least. She says, she sees them in August so it’s no big deal. No matter what concerns we voice, she has an excuse. She is truly one of those people, that believes no one knows anything. It’s like talking to a defiant teenager. She says, she has told the trainer everything. But, no one really knows. And, if she did, I’m kinda upset that the trainer pushes her and letting her do so much. I’m not sure what the heart condition is called. She has said before, I just don’t remember. She was first diagnosed as a teenager. I think, the device is a defibrillator....maybe...The more she is told to take a rest day, the more she pushes. I do hope, that she loses the weight she wants. She will be much healthier. And, would be better for her heart. Just wish she would slow down.