WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @conleywoods Chia seeds have a mild, nutty flavor. And my little 6 grams this morning had 2 grams of fiber, so they pack a punch.

I prefer them mixed with yogurt so far.
  • robertefortier536
    robertefortier536 Posts: 10 Member
    PW 178.4
    CW 180.2 😕
    Spent this past weekend at a firefighter conference. Firefighters love to eat and my willpower was weak.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    I had an extremely STRESSFUL WEEK! I was preparing for a big presentation at school in front of managers at different hospitals on today. My anxiety was through the roof! I couldn’t eat nor sleep. I was freaking out BUT I got through it and feel so much better. The stress carried me in the green this week lol hopeful I’m able to stay that way next week.

PW: 152.5
    CW: 149.5

Good for you! Sometimes, those times of high anxiety are because you are doing something new and important. Thrive on it! Take it from a professional performer - the anxiety gets better. You get better, and even if it doesn't get completely easy, it does get more bearable. So now stay at this weight, but relax - ahhhhhh.
  • jugar
    edited February 2020
    PW 178.4
    CW 180.2 😕
    Spent this past weekend at a firefighter conference. Firefighters love to eat and my willpower was weak.

Uh huh. Pretending you're 19 years old and 6' 6", are you? I'm sure you'll take it right back off again! Before you know it, you'll be in one of those firefighter calendars :lol:
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Without meat i mean. Today, subway veggie delight and I used my own tsp to measure 1ts. oil
  • jugar
    On February 29th, be sure to go answer the final question on the Leaping Groundhogs Challenge!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • ddmiddleton2
    ddmiddleton2 Posts: 17 Member
    ddmiddleton2

Looks like everyone had a busy week. I had a busy week as well. It was also stressful. There are some days that I wonder why I wanted to be a nurse. Being everyone’s shoulder to cry on, their keeper of their schedules, their insurance agent , etc. what really upset me this week was a surgeon asking me to arrange a family; arranged it for him to be involved along with another MD who need to be present just for neither one to show up😠 I felt so embarrassed. I was so grateful that I took Friday off to reset my frame of mind so I can continue to the right things without an attitude. I have continued to stick with my workout plan this week but I still have room for improvement as I didn’t log my food consistently. I also realized that I asked to make my weigh in day to Saturday’s but misspelled “way” on my last post. If I’m able to move it:

CW= 198.2 today
    PW= 200 this past Tuesday

Will keep working and keep my fingers crossed 🤞 that I continue this momentum.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Last February Weigh in: 195

Yep. I lost like 4 pounds in three days after hardly budging for 2 months.

Weight loss isn't linear! Seriously. Although in this case it's also related to me getting my chocolate under control. 400 calories a day may have been under my calories but it wasn't kind to my stomach and it was bad for water retention.

Happy leap day to anyone who is finally getting older after 4 years. Husband's grandmother would have been finally legal to drink. ;)
  • jugar
    ddmiddleton2

Looks like everyone had a busy week. I had a busy week as well. It was also stressful. There are some days that I wonder why I wanted to be a nurse. Being everyone’s shoulder to cry on, their keeper of their schedules, their insurance agent , etc. what really upset me this week was a surgeon asking me to arrange a family; arranged it for him to be involved along with another MD who need to be present just for neither one to show up😠 I felt so embarrassed. I was so grateful that I took Friday off to reset my frame of mind so I can continue to the right things without an attitude. I have continued to stick with my workout plan this week but I still have room for improvement as I didn’t log my food consistently. I also realized that I asked to make my weigh in day to Saturday’s but misspelled “way” on my last post. If I’m able to move it:

CW= 198.2 today
    PW= 200 this past Tuesday

Will keep working and keep my fingers crossed 🤞 that I continue this momentum.

Fantastic! I will move you to Saturdays no problem. So you have all the way to next Saturday to build on this momentum - lose weight not will!
  • jugar
    edited February 2020
    We have another new member coming our way for March - @eggfreak (love the name). They will be popping into the March chat thread, so please get over there and put in your intros, ok? Thanks!!

While I'm here, I'll do a bit of nagging - it burns more calories than just typing at the keyboard, doesn't it?? We're almost all caught up for the week and month. Finish it off!

OVERDUE:
    @ejdp254
    @mrsjar5311

DUE TODAY:
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Workout : heavy back/lats. Pull ups using the resistance bands and then rows, pull overs and back flys. Then a few deadlifts and laying face down on the stability ball - lower body reverse leg lifts. (Similar to a superman move).

Tracking workouts. Done
    Tracking food . In progress.
    Should be able to join the step logging for March. Foot feels fairly good. Ankle is a bit iffy. But I have it wrapped - so we’re good there also.

Happy leap day!!
  • jugar
    Shexio wrote: »
    Workout : heavy back/lats. Pull ups using the resistance bands and then rows, pull overs and back flys. Then a few deadlifts and laying face down on the stability ball - lower body reverse leg lifts. (Similar to a superman move).

Tracking workouts. Done
    Tracking food . In progress.
    Should be able to join the step logging for March. Foot feels fairly good. Ankle is a bit iffy. But I have it wrapped - so we’re good there also.

Happy leap day!!

Great workout! Hope the ankle feels better soon. No leaping today, y'hear? :p
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 4
    PW 191.6
    CW 191

So I’m losing that single week gain ounces by ounce and week by week. But I am ending February in the red by 1/10 ounce. 😝 Here’s my lame excuse. February is red month - Valentines, heart ❤️. March is going for the green ☘️!!! I can’t be too upset because after that unexpected gain after a bigger than normal loss for me, I was able to lose every week. Just not enough to get back to where I was. No one ever said this journey was easy.

I’ve not logged everything the last few days. Kinda tired of it. Blah. But that’s done. March will be different. Still exercising every day though. I think I only missed two days this month. Improving.

And a NSV, before when I went out for dinner, I would never order a salad because I’d tell myself, “I can make that at home.” Last night went out with DH. I realized I didn’t have much in the way of veggies that day. Ordered a lovely grilled chicken salad. It was very tasty and satisfying. So I consider that a win.

I love reading every single update-successes and struggles. I couldn’t do this without y’all. I’ll check in again later, but I’ve got to get moving and get some stuff done. Going to watch our granddaughter tonight while her parents go on a date.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Steps
    Tues 15,071
    Wed 12,587
    Thurs 21,962
    Fri- 21,132

I have been doing a lot of walking in San Antonio. Tonight is my nieces wedding and we head back tomorrow. Monday, I will have a March plan to really lose some of this weight. My eating hasn't been horrible and I have walked A LOT so I hope I wont have a huge gain when I weigh in Mon.
  • micki48
    STEPS NEEDED Y'ALL...

@YinxFed all week (I know you send on Sunday)
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Thurs - Sat
    @jugar Sat
    @evelynladams527 Sun. Mon. Wed. Fri. Sat.
    @lovethyneighbor Fri, Sat
    @Steph1498 Fri Sat
    @KellyBgetsfit Sat

Thanks for getting those steps in. Also let me know if you are interested in continuing or joining the challenge for March.
  • micki48
    Steps
    Tues 15,071
    Wed 12,587
    Thurs 21,962
    Fri- 21,132

I have been doing a lot of walking in San Antonio. Tonight is my nieces wedding and we head back tomorrow. Monday, I will have a March plan to really lose some of this weight. My eating hasn't been horrible and I have walked A LOT so I hope I wont have a huge gain when I weigh in Mon.

Kelly, your steps are amazing. Have fun at the wedding and San Antonio. March right into the new goals when you get home. <3
This discussion has been closed.