Bacon, crispy or floppy šŸ„“

We went to Perkins, and I had bacon. I always ask for it crisp. They brought it barely cooked. I couldnā€™t eat it. Grosses me out biting into fat. I should have sent it back.
Got me to thinking, maybe itā€™s me. Itā€™s my weird tastes.
How do you like your bacon?
Ā«13

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Extra crispy. I would have sent back the floppy meat.
  • AbigailCaulton
    AbigailCaulton Posts: 27 Member
    As crispy as it'll go without burning. Mmmmmmm love me abit of crispy bacon. x
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    As long as its cooked and not raw, there is no wrong way to eat bacon. Give me all of it.
  • _LION_
    _LION_ Posts: 57 Member
    I used to like my bacon just lightly cooked, some say nearly raw !!

Although now I love it crispy.

So crispy wins for me.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Crispy enough but not too crispy! (Yeah, probably not helpful.)
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    We went to Perkins, and I had bacon. I always ask for it crisp. They brought it barely cooked. I couldnā€™t eat it. Grosses me out biting into fat. I should have sent it back.
    Got me to thinking, maybe itā€™s me. Itā€™s my weird tastes.
    How do you like your bacon?

Talk about timing. Just finished a morning BLT!

For bacon, I like a bit of crisp on the edges and the fat to have a meaty texture. My husband likes his a bit crisper, but the second it has even a hint of a charred smell heā€™ll have nothing to do with it. One of my sisters loves her bacon crisp as toast crumbs.

Bottom line, there is no ā€œweirdā€ when it comes to bacon (except raw, but thats more of a health thing šŸ˜†).
  • timlangan42
    timlangan42 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm with you @missysippy930, crispy all the way.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    crispy but not burnt ..is there a reason you didn't ask for another batch or send it back?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Crispy
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Crispy, even to the point of burnt :D

My husbandā€™s cousin will eat his essentially rare... as long as itā€™s warm. Blech!

Vivid memory of eating chewy bacon as a child and choking on it... I really remember the feeling in my throat. That ruined anything less than crispy for me and thatā€™s transferred to adulthood.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I like it crispy enough to stand up on its own, but not near-burnt, where I think you lose the flavor of the actual bacon.

At a restaurant like Perkins that is very busy at breakfast, it's just a time issue. It take a while to get bacon properly crispy, and they are just interested in cranking out the plates as quickly as possible. But, if you specifically asked for it crispy, then they should have accommodated.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    You say floppy, I say chewy, and when I ate bacon, I liked it chewy. Don't like crunchy bacon.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    cooked through...not crispy, not under cooked. I don't mind some crispy edges, but if it's overly crisp it loses it's flavor and meatiness and is just dry, over cooked sadness. I also prefer center cut
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    If I am going to eat a slice of bacon, I like it medium crispy. For BLT's, I like it a little more crispy but not so crispy it falls apart when I bite into it. For spinach salad, I like it very crispy but not burnt. Not only do I get more of the fat out for the dressing but it crumbles better that way.

Yumm, spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. Another few weeks and I can finally plant my spinach in the garden
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I never like my meat floppy... crispy all the way
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    Crispy enough but not too crispy! (Yeah, probably not helpful.)

Basically that. I want it fully cooked but not burned.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Crispy please!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Ah but are we talking about US bacon or good old British bacon, which can stand to not be charred to death and be palatable?

For me it's microwave Morningstar fake bacon these days, at any rate.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Soft but entirely browned.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    neither