Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Fired Up This February!!!

Replies

• VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'm definitely not a poster child of counting calories or exercising regularly. Since I last logged on, I haven't really tracked much. Still tracking weight, and today I'm the same as I was when I last logged on, but if the trend is correct, I should be dropping again soon. I doubt it'll be the 0.7 lb to get to my goal for tomorrow, but weirder things have happened.

It's also wild as heck that we're at the end of February already!!!

HW: 226 lb (May 2019)
    SW: 201.4 lb (Feb 1 2020)
    CW: 195.2 lb (Feb 29 2020)
    GW1: 194.5 lb by March 1st.
    LGW (long term goal 1): 159.2 lb by August 1st.
    February weight loss: 6.2 lb

@bluffgirl67 It works wonders to eat low carbs. I haven't distinguished a difference between complex and simple carbs personally, but I would totally believe it. All I know is so far I don't like eating this much protein lol And I'm still not meeting my "minimum" when I eat more protein. I have a friend here with IBD and eating low carbs has been helping her, too, but she also finds it a huge struggle just to get a protein minimum. I'm not a fan of meat or nuts so it's almost torture eating those foods just to get my protein in. On the other hand, there are some strange flavors of mixed nuts (Planter's Grey Poupon/Dijon mixed nuts anyone?) Super high fat, moderate protein, and moderate carbs there. Really interesting flavor.

@torihudson6 Absolutely. I've been seeing the trend lately of "new low, back up, same low, new low." Fluctuations are due to a multitude of factors and basically I'd rather fluctuate water weight and still see a trend of fat loss than not fluctuate or lose weight at all.

edit for total weight loss
  • Sableprncs
    Sableprncs Posts: 15 Member
    @Sableprncs ...@RavenStCloud so lovingly starts this group each month and it’s wonderful! Here is the post she starts with each month:
    💗Hello, ladies!!!💗

💕 We've made it through the first month of 2020! For a lot of us, goals were set in January and healthy behaviors were put in place. Now is the time to buckle down and keep on working hard!

💕 Let's keep the momentum going and stay fired up! Feel free to share anything that has been working well for you or anything you were surprised or excited by last month.

🌷If you're new to this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🌷All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🌷Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

💗We've got this, ladies! Here's to a fantastic February!💗

Thanks for letting me know about this group. I'm still kinda lost and learning to navigate the community space.
  • snapgal777
    snapgal777 Posts: 5 Member
    Golly you guys are all so wonderful and inspiring. I hope I live up to the motivation of this group. I hate how lazy I can be but I want to be this disciplined and pumped. Do you post updates at the end of the month? Do you check in weekly?
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    @snapgal777 Hi! You can check in daily, weekly, or monthly. It's totally up to you. You can reply to other people's messages, too, whenever you like. Come join us in the March group, though. It's in the Motivation and Support forum and it's called "Women 200lb+, Let's Keep It Moving This March!!!" See you there!