LAST 10 lbs...LET'S DO IT!!!

124»

Replies

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    1. Victory: Someone bought a box of donuts for the office and I grabbed my rolls of lard on my stomach reminding myself I'm so close to goal, walk away!!! I walked away so fast they didn't even get to open it in my sight.
    2. Challenge: Staying below my calorie budget. I was so used to having a big appetite since very active as a youth so didn't affect my weight.
    3. It's so easy to "treat" myself with freebies shared daily. The real treat though long term is good health. I need to think long term rather than short term sugar high. Ask myself: 1. Am I really hungry? 2. Is this food I love going to love me back?
  • teeaong
    teeaong Posts: 1 Member
    Victory: Made it to the gym today for leg day. I have consistently made the gym 3-4 times per week to lift and then adding yoga on my days off. I have dropped 7 of my last 15 pounds (trying to reach under 140) and kept it off in the last 45 days. It hasn’t been easy but cleaning up the diet has helped a ton. Also my yoga shorts fit better on my thighs so that’s a plus.

Challenge: Tonight I am going to a beer festival. I have to remind myself that one splurge day isn’t going to ruin my gains. Tomorrow is chest and arm day for weights so we will be working off those excess calories from tonight’s fun.

Tip: Water before all other beverages. If you are still thirsty after that then have the other drink. Unless it’s the semiannual beer fest, then have the beer lol.
  • epangili
    edited March 2020
    1. Victory: Today, I went to a multi church seminar so got to see my old church family whom I haven't seen in 12 years or so. Two said I looked skinny, one said beautiful, and one said I looked younger.
    2. Challenge many unhealthy snacks available for breaks.
    3. Safely avoided unhealthy snacks during breaks by filling up on hot tea and walking around the facility doing several laps. I did grab a scone but then walking back to my seat thought, I'm so close to goal - is it worth it? So I ended up giving it to my friend.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    edited March 2020
    Think I'm the only guy here. But no biggie. I've lost 18 of 25. Had a bit of a hiatus in calorie counting but getting back at it.

Victory: lost enough that I'm able to hang with mybriding group again up hills.

Challenge: Key for weightloss for me is forgoing alcohol completely. It's not the alcohol cals but the combination of the sugar in it and release of inhibition (even one glass of wine) results in me over snacking. And, when I got to 18 down started slacking on no alcohol.

So...trying to give it up for Lent to get a big push for last 5-7 lbs. Here we go.
  • epangili
    Think I'm the only guy here. But no biggie. I've lost 18 of 25. Had a bit of a hiatus in calorie counting but getting back at it.

Victory: lost enough that I'm able to hang with mybriding group again up hills.

Challenge: Key for weightloss for me is forgoing alcohol completely. It's not the alcohol cals but the combination of the sugar in it and release of inhibition (even one glass of wine) results in me over snacking. And, when I got to 18 down started slacking on no alcohol.

So...trying to give it up for Lent to get a big push for last 5-7 lbs. Here we go.

Welcome and Congratulations! I love learning from all people so nice to have male perspective. Enjoy your Lent journey and remember Philippians 4:13
    You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Finally, the scale budged with a 0.5 lbs loss and I'm 7 lbs to my doctor's goal of my ideal weight. It's a snail crawl but I will take it!!!
    2. Challenge: Weight fluctuations due to emotional overeating especially stress. . Bloating due to menstruation, temporary but disheartening.
    3. Since such a SLOW pace, I can't be fixated on scale numbers. I need to focus on positives of smaller wardrobe sizes, compliments recieved, more definition in my muscles, looking and feeling younger, etc. Also, joining Ultimate Accountability Challenge group on mfp has made me more mindful of budgeting calories to plan for special outings or accommodate a stressed out meal.
  • epangili
    epangili wrote: »
    1. Victory: Finally, the scale budged with a 0.5 lbs loss and I'm 7 lbs to my doctor's goal of my ideal weight. It's a snail crawl but I will take it!!!
    2. Challenge: Weight fluctuations due to emotional overeating especially stress. . Bloating due to menstruation, temporary but disheartening.
    3. Since such a SLOW pace, I can't be fixated on scale numbers. I need to focus on positives of smaller wardrobe sizes, compliments recieved, more definition in my muscles, looking and feeling younger, etc. Also, joining Ultimate Accountability Challenge group on mfp has made me more mindful of budgeting calories to plan for special outings or accommodate a stressed out meal.

By the way, since such a SLOW pace in this weightloss journey, I've decided to post weekly rather than daily since it seems like the same story repeated. Also, I'm going to focus on recompositioning fat to more muscle.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,522 Member
    1. Victory : Not put on weight after losing quite a bit due to illness
    2. Challenge : Not to eat all the food this week and pile on pounds
    3. Tip : Get out of the house to stay away from the food
  • epangili
    1. Victory: I'm exercising almost every day and hitting under my calorie budget
    2. Challenge: Eating too much of my exercise calories.
    3. More exercise so still have calorie deficit. Need to be more faithful with weightlifting to not lose anymore off my ASSets. New goal this week, minimum 3x a week but lately sporadic.
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member

1. Victory- successfully fasted 17 hours until work potluck.
    2. Challenge: kept eating for the rest of the day going way over my allowed total.
    3. Encouragement, tip, advice, trick, etc.: I have officially started my 20/4 fast again at 9:30pm. I plan to go strong all day.
  • epangili
    edited March 2020
    1. Victory: I'm still in the normal bmi range of the Asian American bmi chart
    2. Challenge: Munchies monster hounding me during this "safer at home" mandate
    3. I learned that I need to not live in my baggy pjs because it tricks my mind into believing that I'm still little and can afford the extra calories. I put on my size 2p jeans to go get the mail and was surprised by it's newly snug fit plus uncomfortable but tiny muffin top (not attractive) when seated. At minimum, I need to wear my jeans even if I go nowhere but inside my home so that I'm constantly conscious of my figure and more mindful of portions and choices.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: good weighed in today, 6.3lbs to go!
    2. Challenge: More indoor time with covid mandate so near fridge all the time calling my name. I'm connecting with broader circle of friends online and phone and learning new programs to keep busy distracting myself.
    3. I did a quick online research and found I.F. will help me lose the last 10lbs so tried it for a couple of days. Success, finally broke plateau!
  • epangili
    1. Victory: more definition in my arms without bulk so still feminine
    2. Challenge: Slow progress recompositioning the last 6 lbs from fat to muscle so I will post here once a month or so
    3. Exercise compromise with covid closures and usual spring break hiking travels that works for me is jogging in place while taking virtual tours of kick the bucket places like London, France, all national parks, 7 wonders of the world, etc. Anything that helps me lose track of time to exercise longer is worth it!
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Hi, I’d like to join. Exactly 10lbs to GW (125).

1. Victory- went for my early morning cycle today. Starting a new habit.
    2. Challenge - sticking to eating just my base calories, not eating into my exercise calories.
    3. Encouragement - watching ted talks about how fasting and exercise re-model the brain positively, slow aging and grow new neurons.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    1. Victory- haven’t eaten anything after 6pm for a week. 🎉🎉🎉🎉
    2. Challenge - exercise throughout the day
    3. Encouragement - finding recipes for easy and low cost recipes
  • epangili
    Cerizez wrote: »
    1. Victory- haven’t eaten anything after 6pm for a week. 🎉🎉🎉🎉
    2. Challenge - exercise throughout the day
    3. Encouragement - finding recipes for easy and low cost recipes

Great job with IF!!!👏🙌🏅
  • epangili
    1. Victory: I gained a quarter inch back on my glutes but 2 3/4 inches more to go. Still well within normal bmi on Asian American bmi scale but building back curves for recompositioning fat to muscle percentage.
    2. Challenge: up and down roller coaster journey.
    3. Autumn Bates youtuber tips to balance the following hormones: cortisol, ghrelin, insulin, D3, progesterone, estrogen, etc.