40 Somethings

Hello, I will be 40 next month and looking for friends/support of people around my age. My story...I am a working mom of two teenager, my husband and I have been married for 19 years. Back in 2015 my dad lost his battle with cancer I fell apart, my husband and I decided we had to sell our house. I gained so much weight I just kept putting it on. We started having problems with the kids school I gained again. I am 100% ready to get rid of it and be healthy again.

Replies

• LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Hello, I just turned 40 at the end of 2019. You can add me as a friend - we can motivate each other. I have two teenagers and also have been married for 19 years.
  • Princesspetal7
    Princesspetal7 Posts: 42 Member
    Hi. I’ve just turned 40 also. My children are still in primary school but I have been married for 18 years. We will do this x
  • VnSss1
    VnSss1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi also 40, married 12 years but together 17. I have a teen and a preschooler.
  • leelee_lani
    leelee_lani Posts: 25 Member
    Turning 40 this year. I’m working towards fit and forty instead of fat and forty and a month in on MFP. Have 60 lbs I want to shed. Haven’t weighed myself since starting a month ago because I get so discouraged by the scale and have derailed previous attempts to lose weight because of the numbers. Trying to stay focused on my goal and not get discouraged this time. Looking for support from anyone here!
  • pamuldrow
    pamuldrow Posts: 12 Member
    Hi I will be 40 years old this August. Married 12 years 2 daughters. Full time job and teach zumba/hip hop 3 days a week. I need to really focus on my diet as well because I've gained over the last 2 years. We can do this together. We got this
  • Turning 45 in 9 days. 45 & feeling alive is this years motto. Getting rid of a lot of extra weight this year, both physically and metaphorically speaking.
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    I just turned 41 a couple weeks ago. Married with two young children and I work full time. I’m down 51 pounds and would like to lose another 10-25. Haven’t decided yet. But I’ve been stuck for awhile and would love support. I log in daily (900+ day streak) and would love to offer support for others.
  • mandabeth34
    mandabeth34 Posts: 158 Member
    41 here, I work out 6 days a week but food is my weakness. I have comitted this will finally be the year I get to my goal weight so I can stop eating at a deficit and concentrate on fitness goals. I have a habit of getting within a few pounds of my goal weight then I slack off... and then after a few months I really slack off and gain back 5 or ten pounds. Repeat. I’m trying to be more active in the MFP community to keep myself going!
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    i am 43....I think. I quit keeping count when I hit 40. I've been married for 22 years. We have 4 kids and 5 grandsons. We might have started way earlier than you all did :)

I have had a lot of medical issues over the last 2 years and gave up to say the least. Jan 27 I quit smoking and then here came more pounds....8 days ago I gave up sugar/carbs for the most part. I keep about 25 of them in my daily life simply because I can't figure out how to get those gone. They are hidden in everything even your damn ketchup. I have a full time career and occasionally life gets in the way of my daily goals, but not usually. I plan to start going to a gym in the next few weeks as well. I want my lungs to heal a little more from all the years of smoking before I try to kill myself with cardio....currently I just walk the dog around a long block.

anyway feel free to add me. I could use the motivation and I will help to motivate you as well.
  • Our kids are 27, 23 and 15 grandkids are 8 and 4..dont know if we started earlier, or if my kids are just being stubborn about having more than one kid lol. My lungs are shot as well. I have COPD which makes things hard, altho I do notice with my weight down things are easier. I have been heavy my whole life I'm actually lighter now than I was in my 20s. 6 years ago I got down to my lowest weight ever of 180 I am 5'9" so I looked and felt pretty good... Granted I could have still lost 30 /40 lbs but it was a great start. Then we moved back from AZ to MN and I put 60lbs back on. 20 of those I have lost since November, but I have 40 more I would like to shed.
  • QuinntessentiallyMe
    QuinntessentiallyMe Posts: 88 Member
    Just turned 40, and I am open to new friends in my age range! Anyone is free to check out my profile and see if you like what I put out. :-)
  • Morning guys and gals.. It's one of those days where I woke up stressed out wanting to feel sorry for my self in my crazy life.. But then I stopped and thought.. What am I complaining about.. Everyone's life is crazy doesn't matter if I am fat or thin crazy is still gonna be crazy. But, if I am healthy I may be able to mentally and physically handle the crazy better :) hope everyone is having a great day, and if you woke up in the same state of mind as I did SNAP OUTTA IT... We may not be able to change the crazy, but we can sure change how we feel and handle it
  • lj3jones
    lj3jones Posts: 94 Member
    Hi all, im 40 later this year as well. Married coming up on 12 years. We have a 6, almost 7 year old and a 2 year old, both boys. I work full time in a professional career. Between work and kids i have neglected myself these past 7 years and want to get back to me. I used to do long distance triathlons before kids so I'm training for a half ironman in June and trying to lose the 50 pounds i have gained since becoming a mom. Down almost 10 so far. Would like to get down to 30-40 total lost before my race so we will see.
  • brettrobb
    brettrobb Posts: 8 Member
    Yup - in my 40s and still trying to escape the weight, first time tracking my food and after just week one I am encouraged - probably will need to eat this way for life.
  • brettrobb wrote: »
    Yup - in my 40s and still trying to escape the weight, first time tracking my food and after just week one I am encouraged - probably will need to eat this way for life.

Unfortunately you may. I know I am going to have to. I lost 60lbs about 6 years ago, was at the high end of healthy weight wanted to lose about 15 more. But then I got comfortable, thought to myself "hey, I got this" 6 years later and 60lb later I realize "hey, I DONT have this" and now I'm starting over from square one again. Down 20 since November with counting calories here and there, but now I am back on track and gonna get this next 40 off and kick my self in the butt if I ever dream of thinking I got this and want to stop logging calories... Good luck to you.. You can do it
  • leanneellison1979
    leanneellison1979 Posts: 23 Member
    i turned 40 in october. my start weight last week (i started the week before but too scared to weigh myself) i was 238lb i am now 231lb im only 5ft 4" and i have never been this big in my life, even when 9 months pregnant. This is a new way of life for me and i will have to stick with it for life too.
    My first goal is to reach 199lb and that will still leave me with loads to lose but im determined.
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Mid 40’s here and welcome to all of you that just joined the club.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!