No More Late Night Snacking in 2020 -- March 2020 Challenge

lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
... unless you've planned it (what I am trying to say is that I'm not willing to start a debate)

If you haven't seen this challenge before, let me brief you about it:

We started this thinking: "Looks like I'm self-sabotaging by munching/bingeing after dinner" or "Mhmm... I'm kinda doubling my in-calories at night".

What you have to do to change the way you feel about your eating at night:

- decide what late night snacking means to you (could be either bingeing, if you're inclined to it or simply eating anything at all after a certain time; some may find that having a healthy snack after dinner is perfectly alright and be upset only when they go overboard)

- report in the thread. We post by the formula:
Me: X vs. LNS: Y,
where X is "how many evenings you stuck to it" and Y "the times late night snacks won". You may want to also add a * to the latest number. Feel free to also post streaks of how many days (in a row) you've managed to be free of late night snacking

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile!

Have I touched a cord? Then: You are welcome!

Replies

• caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Looking forward to a new month. Let's do this!!!!
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 0
    Longest Streak: 14

Rice Krisppie Treat got me in the night:(
  • erjones11
    If you log do you log LNS and for what meal?

So if I LNS do you log what I eat in MFP?

I usually leave the wrappers, yes almost always there are wrapper involved. The following morning, I collect, count and log them in to MFP. I usually log them as a snack the night before.

Sometimes, like today it’s somewhat early in the morning and I log it as breakfast, especially if I have no calories left from the day before.

I do always log them!
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    erjones11 wrote: »
    If you log do you log LNS and for what meal?

So if I LNS do you log what I eat in MFP?

I usually leave the wrappers, yes almost always there are wrapper involved. The following morning, I collect, count and log them in to MFP. I usually log them as a snack the night before.

Sometimes, like today it’s somewhat early in the morning and I log it as breakfast, especially if I have no calories left from the day before.

I do always log them!

I do log midnight snacks - it's LITERALLY a meal called 'Midnight Snack' (tells you how much I did it!). Normally for me it involved peanut butter, jam and a spoon.
  • feliciaboots
    My March LNS rule - No consuming of calories between 8 PM & 6 AM, so water is fine.

Me: 0
    LNS:1 (+1)
    Streak: 0

I ate last night well after 8 PM. Oops. Oh well - time to make it happen!
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Count me in! I’ll start today, March 1!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    My plan for March: food in the time window 12-8

Me: 1 - LNS: 0
  • clutterqueen
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 1

I’m not eating after 8:00 this week, then next week will bump to 7:45, then eventually 7:30.
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2020
    This is perfect! I just signed up on this site today and this is just what I need. My rule is no eating anything after 6:00pm. Last night I totally blew it, so I will start this today and report tomorrow.
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    No Eating after 6:00 pm....

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member

Streak +1
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    Me 1
    Lns0
  • feliciaboots
    My March LNS rule - No consuming of calories between 8 PM & 6 AM, so water is fine.

Me: 1 (+1)
    LNS:1

Oh my that was so hard!!! My eating patterns were all messed up yesterday and my 8 PM I wanted to eat everything in the fridge!!!!

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    March 1

• mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Me 0
    LNS 1
  • feliciaboots
    caloricus wrote: »
    So a couple of months ago, someone was critical in this LNS thread of the people who are do not LNS the whole month and wondered why if they are "perfect" are they even part of this challenge. I replied back that I, as one of those 0 LNS people for multiple months, was not "perfect" and if I was, I wouldn't be overweight. I went on to say that this challenge was what saved me when I was tempted to eat and that the people who could go a whole month without late night snacking served as an inspiration to me.

That recap was just to let you know the value of this challenge to me. We were out of town this weekend and for a variety of reasons my best intentions went out the window yesterday as I ate more calories all day than I have eaten in a long time. I was so tempted to eat something in the evening even though I wasn't hungry because I had already blown calories. Then I remembered the challenge and stopped myself. I knew I needed to report in today and that I was trying for a fresh start here after a tough February.

So thank you all for being part of this challenge. We are all here for each other. Because of this I am off to a good start.

Me 1
    LNS 0

Focusing on positive energy!!!

Agreed! It's the only way I did half as good as I did!!!!
  • erjones11
    LNS: 1
    Longest Streak: 14
  • quarterhorses
    quarterhorses Posts: 240 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 1
  • clutterqueen