8/1: 317.7 (-68.9)
    9/1: 306.2 (-80.4)
    10/1: 301.9 (-84.7)
    11/1: 292.2 (-94.4)
    12/1: 283.0 (-103.6)

That is a great job!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    After a long hiatus because all my numbers were garbage thanks to surgery, inflammation, and bloating for 3 months I can FINALLY post here again!

January 10 began my new phase. In this phase I should be trying to lose no more than 1 pound per week. Since I was unsure of my TDEE now that I am more active I have had to keep making adjustments to my eating to slow down my loss. I think I just about have it dialed in now.

Weight loss since Jan 10: 6.2 lbs
    Weight loss this week: 3 (whoosh week)
    Rate of Loss since Jan 10: 1.55
    Masking .16

Luckily 1.55 is fast but not stupid hair falling out fast and and by design it was all short term following a lot of holiday eating. I have had some low energy days but that is to be expected because I guessed my activity wrong and was creating too much deficit the first couple of weeks. This is why it is important to review your results and make changes.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    After a long hiatus because all my numbers were garbage thanks to surgery, inflammation, and bloating for 3 months I can FINALLY post here again!

January 10 began my new phase. In this phase I should be trying to lose no more than 1 pound per week. Since I was unsure of my TDEE now that I am more active I have had to keep making adjustments to my eating to slow down my loss. I think I just about have it dialed in now.

Masking .16

Luckily 1.55 is fast but not stupid hair falling out fast and and by design it was all short term following a lot of holiday eating. I have had some low energy days but that is to be expected because I guessed my activity wrong and was creating too much deficit the first couple of weeks. This is why it is important to review your results and make changes.

Your dedication and hard work is very inspiring!...I always tell people if I can lose weight, anyone can...I have enjoyed reading your progress, your triumphs and even your struggles...we are all human and make mistakes...I think one of the most important things you have taught me is to be kind to myself!...losing weight is hard enough without making it harder...again, thank you!
  • NovusDies

Masking .16

Your dedication and hard work is very inspiring!...I always tell people if I can lose weight, anyone can...I have enjoyed reading your progress, your triumphs and even your struggles...we are all human and make mistakes...I think one of the most important things you have taught me is to be kind to myself!...losing weight is hard enough without making it harder...again, thank you!

That is probably the most important lesson I finally learned myself. If I have helped anyone I am glad. This group is a classic example of when we help others we help ourselves. While I do not feel this is a group that is centered around accountability I do find that it adds a little sauce to making progress. I want to do it so everyone knows they can do it too. It may have sloppy moments but that is how life is so why should we expect weight loss to be any different? Weight loss is not about doing everything right it is about doing most things good enough most of the time.
  • dishiznice
    dishiznice Posts: 22 Member

Masking .16

That is probably the most important lesson I finally learned myself. If I have helped anyone I am glad. This group is a classic example of when we help others we help ourselves. While I do not feel this is a group that is centered around accountability I do find that it adds a little sauce to making progress. I want to do it so everyone knows they can do it too. It may have sloppy moments but that is how life is so why should we expect weight loss to be any different? Weight loss is not about doing everything right it is about doing most things good enough most of the time.

great points made by both of you! it is great to be part of the community here and know you are not alone in your journey!

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    First big weight gain. I knew it was coming and I planned on it. I am not upset at all and I know it could have been way worse. I enjoyed myself on my cruise and ate all the tasty things (damn you molten chocolate cake. lol) I am up a total of 6lbs from when I left. I know that isn't all fat and that once I start to regulate what I am eating and drinking that a chunk of that will come off. Lots of sodium on that boat!! I am back at it today. Following my diet and can't wait to see what the next few weeks have in store for me. I am glad for the break but it's time to get back on it!

Weight 2/2/2020: 213.3
    Weight 2/9/2929: 219
  • NovusDies
    gewel321 wrote: »
    First big weight gain. I knew it was coming and I planned on it. I am not upset at all and I know it could have been way worse. I enjoyed myself on my cruise and ate all the tasty things (damn you molten chocolate cake. lol) I am up a total of 6lbs from when I left. I know that isn't all fat and that once I start to regulate what I am eating and drinking that a chunk of that will come off. Lots of sodium on that boat!! I am back at it today. Following my diet and can't wait to see what the next few weeks have in store for me. I am glad for the break but it's time to get back on it!

Weight 2/2/2020: 213.3
    Weight 2/9/2929: 219

6 pounds? Is that it? I may have to hate you now. I have a cruise coming up in a couple of months and I fully expect to come back 15 pounds heavier because that is just what I do. Like you it will almost all be water weight but is never ceases to suck to bloat up like that.

Welcome back. Glad you enjoyed yourself!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    So after joining a gym a year ago (as you do) I went up then down then up again on the scales. So I decided to rejoin my fitness class last week, at my first weigh in I was 1lb lower than the last time I was there, December 2018, which means all the effort of last year achieved nothing. However this week at weigh in I've lost 2.5lbs. Having that weekly weigh in obviously makes a difference for me, I so desperately want to see a loss and not a gain it keeps me focused and on plan.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    [/quote]

6 pounds? Is that it? I may have to hate you now. I have a cruise coming up in a couple of months and I fully expect to come back 15 pounds heavier because that is just what I do. Like you it will almost all be water weight but is never ceases to suck to bloat up like that.

Welcome back. Glad you enjoyed yourself![/quote]

LOL. 6 lbs was enough. I don't think I could have eaten another bite. All you can eat all day long is not great for weight loss.

It helped though that it was cold so I couldn't lounge around and eat ice cream all day.

Hope your cruise is as awesome as mine was. No logging for that week. MFP didn't work with the boat wifi. Hated to loose my streak but.... small sacrifice.
  • NovusDies
    Numbers day:

I am showing a 3.2 pound gain for the week. It was 6.4 yesterday but it is starting to whoosh back down again. No big deal since I know there is no way any of it is fat weight.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I always need help with my numbers...I never know if I am losing enough weight or if it’s coming off fast enough!....i have lost 66 lbs since May 28.... I started at 350... could I possibly hit 100 lb loss by my year anniversary?...how many calories could I have a day to do this?....I am 5’8” tall, 68 yrs old and I would like my goal weight to be under 200... not sure how much under 200 I can go because I am sure I will have weight that won’t come off because of excess skin....any help?
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    weight check in was 266.4 lbs today, down from 269.2 last week, so I'm happy to be able to say that I think I've managed to get rid of some of that stubborn water weight! I've been really good the last week on tightening up my logging, eliminating those sneak calories (looking at you, half-cut teas!), and upping my step count.

This coming week is going to be a challenge, though, with a lot of out of town activities going on.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    @conniewilkins56 It is hard to say. We are all different. I started out at 303 in October 2018 and was down 100 lbs by July 2019. I did not start exercising until February 2019 and at that point worked out maybe twice a week gradually building up from water aerobics and walking to zumba and lifting weights. It is very possible to lose 100lbs in a year, but in the end it is about doing something that can be sustainable. I was physically ill when I started and had to make a lot of diet modifications for my liver which is why I lost a lot of weight initially. It was not planned to lose that fast but it just happened. In retrospect, it would have been better to have lost it slower-perhaps I would have less loose skin. However, it is what it is. Saying that, as long as you are losing then I wouldn't worry about how long it takes to do it.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    edited February 2020
    Unfortunately, if you've got a lot of weight to lose like I do, loose skin is going to be part of the package - even if I were 20 years younger, my skin would not be able to rebound after a 200 lb loss (which is what I'm eventually shooting for; I'm halfway there).
  • NovusDies
    I always need help with my numbers...I never know if I am losing enough weight or if it’s coming off fast enough!....i have lost 66 lbs since May 28.... I started at 350... could I possibly hit 100 lb loss by my year anniversary?...how many calories could I have a day to do this?....I am 5’8” tall, 68 yrs old and I would like my goal weight to be under 200... not sure how much under 200 I can go because I am sure I will have weight that won’t come off because of excess skin....any help?

Days Since May 28 = 268
    Weight loss = 66
    Average rate of loss per day: 66/268 = .2643
    Average Daily Deficit = .2463 * 3500 = 862 calories
    Average Weekly RoL = .2643 x 7 = 1.72 lbs

Day until May 28 = 98
    At current average you will lose about another 24 pounds by then.

The problem with the above math though is that it covers too much time. Unless your eating habits and calories have been exactly the same you will need to run it against the last 12 weeks or I could do it for you. It is the same as the above but the number of days needs to be 84ish and the amount lost would be just over that time period. Most likely you were losing a little faster in the beginning and a little slower now which I am afraid will probably mean that 24 pounds may not happen.

You have done and are doing GREAT. That is an excellent rate of loss. Very healthy and obviously very sustainable. I do not like trying to hit weights by dates but if you were a little closer I would probably just tell you to go for it as long as you didn't do anything crazy. If the above average were correct, and that is unlikely you would have to cut over another 350 calories from your day to try and hit 100. I think that would hurt.

There is a chance you are losing a little faster now though. Once my weight starting coming down I moved a fair amount more and thus burned more calories. We would have to look at what is going on now to see.

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Another month down :)

1/1: 285.0 (-101.6)
    2/1: 281.3 (-105.3)
    3/1: 276.1 (-110.5)

1/1: 386.6
    2/1: 368.8 (-17.8)
    3/1: 360.6 (-26.0)
    4/1: 348.9 (-37.7)
    5/1: 341.0 (-45.6)
    6/1: 332.6 (-54.0)