Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! This will be quick because I am running out to an early hair appointment in a minute. Workouts today were ICE Muscle Meltdown Shoulders x4 premix. I was wondering how this would go today, but my arm feels great! I even lifted heavier than Cathe in a few areas. :) For cardio, I did Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Barre.

Thelma, that is absolutely the best news about your DH! Congratulations to both of you!! I could not handle my DH traveling every week like that because, like you, I worry about him every minute. I am so happy for you. Great job with the workouts! I am glad you like the sound of the new rotation. If after the first run through of the three programs we all are like ‘nope....doesn’t work for me’, we will change it. But I really want to give Slow and Heavy a try again if I can....just because.

Laurie, great workout! Actually, I have been lifting heavier than Cathe in most of the exercises in the Meltdowns which surprises me. I am doing the x4 premix, because I am using that first run through to see how it feels and then adjusting the weights for the final three sets accordingly. I have some serious DOMS going on, but it all feels really good right now which makes me very happy. I bet you could use some sunshine right now. I know I could. :/ Monday was so foggy I couldn’t see the houses across the street, so at least that is gone. But sunshine is nowhere to be found.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Definitely is a way different feeling this week. I feel like I should be doing so much more. Almost like I am slacking … LOL. I have done some “catch up” work the last couple of days and now kind of working on policies (nobody else has time for) so until the “end of the month” rush on Friday I think this will be my week. Again, so strange. So Monday was LITE Pyramid Upper Body and last night I did a “Tuesday Tabata Ride” on the Peloton.

Thelma: Happy Belated Birthday!!!! :) So amazing to hear about your happy life there. I knew it would be all the joy you had hoped for prior to moving. Glad you are loving the STS rotation this time. Interesting how it feels different now that you aren’t working. I know the weekends always feel like I can do so much more than during the week when I am on a time crunch every day. Good on you for pushing through the double whammy of leg workouts. I saw that you mentioned to Erika you ordered that book. I did too but like you I am not a huge reader ….. just don’t get the time in the evenings really, it is my only time to spend with DH after making dinner/eating/clean-up, etc. But I am super interested in reading it. That is wonderful that your DH will be working from home now! I bet you are beyond thrilled. Like you said, “Best Birthday Gift Ever!” YAY. When will that start? Thank you for the always encouraging words and kudos on my job. I think the “proud of myself/accomplished” feelings gave me a lot of adrenaline to just keep going! Haven’t felt that feeling in a long time so it was nice.

Erika: It is so nice to hear how much your new workout time frame is paying off and that you are enjoying the KCM workouts even more. Like the other ladies said, don’t worry about having your down time and just sitting …. You are beyond busy between work and full time running around with your kids, it is a lot. The down time I am sure is much needed. As I mentioned to Thelma, I ordered that book you talked about. Interested to see what it says and if I could follow that. Would love to find a good combo that works for my body, get out of this plateau I have been stuck in for so long. :(:( Very frustrating.

Laurie: Sounds like you are doing an amazing job with your workouts as well! Way to go. ;) I absolutely love those LITE Pyramid workouts. I haven’t done them combined but love the way both of them feel when I am done. Usually have DOMS from the lower body one. Happy to hear that big snow storm didn’t hit you. Phew! Hopefully you don’t have too many others coming your way. You never know this time of year. We had sunshine, hail, snow and sunshine all in one day last weekend. So typical for this time of year. We are supposed to hit high 50’s on Friday though! Yahoo.

Laurel: Hello! I am happy for you that your arm is doing so much better. Time/rest despite how tough it is seems to always heal those strange injuries. So great! Don’t you love those HiiT & Hills Rides? Excellent job with the Kristin McGee Yoga. Which reminds me …… a couple weekends ago I did a Kristin McGee 20-min Beginner YOGA! Yes, I DID THAT. :D My shoulders were feeling tight from all the computer work at work and Peloton rides and so I made myself do it. Of course, felt good when I was done and couldn’t wait to tell you ladies. Hopefully I will continue at least one a month or two. Geez! Don't know why it is so hard for me to commit to that. I guess because I have missed out during the week on other things that I wanted to do and make up for it with that instead of a nice relaxing stretch/Yoga. Your workout combos as always are fantastic. B) I’m with Thelma ~ THANK YOU for the update moving forward on a new rotation, etc. That sounds absolutely perfect to me. Excited to get back into a “committed rotation” hoping it will feel good and I need to keep focusing on lifting heavier and that will be a nice variety. Also, if I get the dread factor or not clicking with Slow & Heavy I will switch to BB Tempo as well. Just to switch it up a little too. Sometimes even an instructor switch is nice during a rotation. I will look forward to your post so I can start pre-planning! Hope you had a nice hair appt. I just had mine done last Saturday, felt good to get the “roots & sparkles” touched up!

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,512 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were Beginner/Gentle yoga and Sculpting Fusion. My body felt sore and tired today. The Sculpting class was tough.

We had cooler temps, more rain and strong winds today. Cooler temps again and sunny tomorrow!

Laurie, I haven't tried that workout yet but I'm glad you like it!

It really was an awesome birthday present. Thanks for the birthday wishes too! I think you will learn to like the STS workouts once you retire. I really don't mind the workout length anymore. I didn't realize you still had snow on the ground!

Laurel, awesome workout combo! I'm so glad your arm is handling the workouts so well! I hope you had a fun hair appointment!

It really was the best news ever! Thanks so much! It's been awful worrying so much! I think the rotation will be great. I'm all for the heavy lifting. Maybe one of these days I'll develop sculpted arms!

Hi Tami! Too funny that you feel you should be doing so much more! You're going through work withdrawals! You're one sick woman! LOL

Great workouts!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! We are so blessed with our happy life here. This was a very nice added bonus. We would've never imagined how great life would be here. STS is really awesome now that I'm not working.
    I'm really bad at reading books. I get sleepy on the first page! I don't have much of an excuse to not read the book but you sure are busy!
    DH came back on Tuesday afternoon and started working from home today because he's still doing the job he is leaving until next week. Officially the job in MA starts on Monday.
    I'm so happy things are going so well for you at work. You have a lot of accomplishments to be proud of Tami.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,417 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Well today was one of my not so favorite workouts, but I know that it has it's benefits. To the Mat Legs & Glutes. I think that is explanation enough. :D

Laurel, That live workout sounds like a great combo with kb and barre. Great job on your workouts! What a awesome way to determine your weight with working them light, and then increasing on the next three rounds. So glad to hear that it is all working so well for your arm. Have to love the fact that those DOMS are setting in, so you are really working great. I'm sure that we will see the sun at some point, but again that will not be today. :D

Tami, LOL about that feeling that you are not doing enough. I'm glad that you are embracing the you time. Nice workouts! ;) That combined LITE Pyramid workout is to long to get in for my daily rotation. I actually enjoy them the most as separate, and then really go as heavy as I can. Got to love the weather that happens around this time of the year. We once had over a foot of snow, and two days later you wouldn't know that we had anything. Getting back to a rotation must sound wonderful to you right now.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts, got to love those barre workouts. I think that is why I didn't avoid today's workout, all that floor work is such a benefit. Now there is something else to look forward to for my retirement. DH is finally getting to the point of seriously looking into it. Unfortunately DH had to attend a funeral for the wife of one of his co-workers recently. They told him to seriously think about retirement.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Muscle Meltdown Triceps x4 premix followed by Cathe Live Cardio Leg Party. I was going to do another short, cardio workout at the end, but I had forgotten how tough Cardio Leg Party is.....so I just did a core section from Cathe Live and called it a day. :)

Tami, I am so glad things are slowing down for you at work. It must feel awkward to not be going a million percent all day right now! I am still loving everything about the Peloton rides. I alternate now through many of the instructors depending on what mood I am in. But I invariably start smiling every single time I push play on an Ally Love workout. Yay for the yoga! It is amazing to me how I have no dread factor for yoga anymore. I never imagined I would have said that six months ago! :o But, again, Peloton makes it short and accessible and provides the variety I think I need. Even if the routines are similar, the music and sequencing are different, and I think I need that over the repetition of DVDs when it comes to yoga. Anyhow, glad you like the sound of the new rotation. I actually think I am going to pick up where I left off when my arm got hurt over the next three weeks of building my strength back. So I think I will be doing the last three weeks of Meso 2 starting on Sunday. I have been toying around with what workouts to use to build the strength back and figured these workouts will work as good as any.....but with lower weight than I was using for sure. But it will be a good test for making sure I can handle the workload. I have my notes scribbled on a piece of paper somewhere for the next section and will try to post it soon so you can get lined up for it!

Thelma, great workouts and sound perfect for a tired body. Like you, we are finally getting glimpses of sunshine today, but it is chilly! But it is a welcome relief from the gloom for certain.

Laurie, I am with you on that workout B) but great job pushing through. Every time I do a workout like that I think I need to do more like them more often because it challenges me in a totally different way......but then I never do. :# Maybe someday, like with me and yoga, it will just ‘click’ and I will start enjoying that type of workout more. It is sad that your DH had to go to the funeral of a coworker’s wife. That must have been sobering. When it comes to retirement and things like that, I realize the impact losing my dad when he was young has had on my view of the future, especially as I get closer to the age he was when he passed (he was 63). My DH, because of his parents and their longevity, often plans for a future in our 80s, and I am always the one who tries to emphasize the importance of enjoying now. My dad lived for retirement.....and he never got there. It still breaks my heart to think about. The difference in perspectives leads to some interesting conversations between DH and I, but, thankfully, we are managing a pretty good balance in enjoying today and planning for a future.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were Fit Split Legs & Glutes and Barre. The Barre instructor repeated Monday's killer routine! OUCH!
    My lower body is still sore. Classes were canceled due to slippery roads due to black ice and some snow. The Barre instructor had her kids with her. Her teenage daughter and her friends did the Barre class with us. The 16-year-old girls were dying right out of the gate. It was pretty funny. Some of the ladies in that class are over 60 and they do the killer class. One of the girls said her legs weren't responding anymore! LOL. They simply stopped when the pain got to be too much.

I have worked my body pretty hard this week and this afternoon I finally allowed myself to take a much-needed nap.

It got very cold overnight and it remained cold during the day but it was sunny.

Laurie, I haven't done that workout in a long time but I think I liked it.

The floor work is really beneficial. I'm glad you decided to do the workout. I hope your DH looks into retirement soon. He doesn't have to do it now but at least he'll know what needs to be done. What about you Laurie? How much longer do you have to work?

Laurel, great workouts and yaaay on doing another upper body workout!
    It was chilly this morning but at least it was sunny.

Goodnight ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I deviated from the rotation and did yoga, because I know this is another thing that is good for me and I tend to avoid it. Well I'm really happy that I took the time. I did Yoga Warrior 365 The Gathering, it sure felt great.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! That is the same attitude that I have with those workouts. I have to make sure that I do the yoga once a week. After today's session, I realized that in a big way. I did realize it last week when I did Stretchmax, but for some reason the yoga made it apparent more than the stretching. I hope that it starts to "click" for me the way that it did for you. That is very similar to what DH's father went through. Just months before his retirement he had that stroke, and was never the same man afterward. He never was able to enjoy the retirement that he probably dreamed of throughout all the years of working. DH said to me that he will probably work another year, and I think that is perfect. He still has his car in pieces, and the big expense is the paint job on the thing.

Thelma, What a great class if those young ladies had that experience. I love that the older ladies where killing it. Glad that you took some time to rest the body, you really have been working it hard with those STS workouts. We had temps in the low teens, so not fun to wake up to that. We did have sun this morning though. We will be looking very hard at retirement. I will retire the day that my company sends me the e-mail offer. :D I'm high on the list, so that makes me super happy.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with ICE Muscle Meltdown Chest x4 premix. I think the cumulative effect of these workouts kicked in today because my arms were screaming at me towards the end of this! :o But in a good way, not a painful way. :) So I feel comfortable doing Meso 2 workouts next week. The good thing is those workouts have three to four sets per exercise as well and are paced slower (with breaks) which will allow me plenty of time to adjust my weights. Anyhow, for cardio, I did a super fun 80s ride with Peloton that had me singing throughout. :#:oB):D This is why I workout at home. :p

Thelma, great workouts! That is two days this week you have done legs and barre! :o:o I am glad you gave your body some rest yesterday afternoon. You really are doing great with these workouts.

Laurie, another great workout. I am glad you felt the benefits of the yoga. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I tried a different yoga instructor on Peloton who put me into a stretch I haven’t done since starting this yoga twice a week. Historically, it is a stretch that is really tough for me so I reached for my yoga block....and it was too easy! That is when I really realized that I really am getting some flexibility and mobility from this. It was nice to think a little ‘reverse aging’ is taking place! I love your response to Thelma about when you will retire! Sounds like both you and your DH are on the same page when it comes to that. I think we are looking at seven more years or so until DH retires (which will put him at 62), but every now and again we toss out the idea of getting rid of everything and just living the simple life off his military retirement. We’re not quite ready for that yet, but it is nice to have that option for sure.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    TGIF!! I'm so very glad it's Friday!

It's been one of the busier weeks at work and I am just so glad it's done! Lots of stress with workload, but there are also layoffs looming (my job is safe, but if others around me get laid off, I have to take on their work) which just creates a stressful situation. Workouts have been great, and I'm trying to take a much down time as possible to keep my non work hour stress low.

This weekend is the final hockey game for my oldest to determine if we go to state. If we do go to state, I found out we'll play the same teams (minus 4 of them) at state. I'm ready for this season to end...we've played some teams 4-5 times and I think we're all over it!

Thelma, what a wonderful birthday gift with your hubby switching jobs! I bet you are so very happy to have him working from home and not have to worry about him traveling! Great job on the workouts, especially the barre one twice in 1 week paired with legs/glutes. Those always leave me so incredibly sore! The book is interesting, but it's a lot of information. I highlighted things I wanted to remember or possibly go back to. Like anything, I take it all with a grain of salt. Some items I've really stuck with and others I just keep for info to fill my brain :)

Tami, I'm glad you survived your crazy work schedule. I can totally relate to the "doing 3 jobs" feeling. Most, if not all of the jobs that I've left in the past have required 2-3 people hired to fill my shoes. I bet that's why I feel overwhelmed a lot of the time :p I enjoy some of those busy times to get through the winter blah days, but I like the slower days as the weather gets nicer...don't want to be stuck in the office any longer than I need to! Great job getting workouts in despite being busy!!

Laurie, funny how that weather works out, isn't it? I feel like anytime they say we are going to get a big storm, it never ends up being one. I'll take it though, along with this warmer weather headed our way for the weekend. Soon enough, lacrosse will be starting up and I can be outside instead of in a cold rink! Everytime you mention yoga, I think I should probably do more of that...I'm sure my body would appreciate it. I just have to get in the right mindset!

Laurel, how nice to have your hubby home for the weekend and get the errands run and enjoy time together. Those are the best weekends! Sounds like workouts are going well and your arm is cooperating, always a good thing! The fact that you are able to keep increasing the weight is fantastic!! I hope you had a fun hair appt...I love the feeling of a fresh cut or color!

Off to relax for the evening by sitting on the couch and maybe watching a movie. I'm looking forward to a whole lot of nothing for the night! Have a great weekend!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend! We had a fantastic weekend. We spent time with friends Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
    The weekend was sunny and warmer. More rain tomorrow and the next few days.

My workouts on Friday were Restorative Healing yoga and BodyBlast Push & Pull. Today's workout was STS Meso 2 Disc 22 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps. After spending 5 hours this afternoon at our friends' house I didn't feel like working out but I decided to talk myself into working out. I'm so glad I did!

Laurie, great job with the yoga workout! You really have been having cold temps. Definitely not fun to wake up to cold temps. I'm glad you're high on the retirement list!

Laurel, great workout combo! I am so glad your arm continues to do well and that you're ready to do STS workouts too!
    Thanks for the kudos on my workouts!

Erika, I'm sorry things at work are so busy. Layoffs are always so scary.I hope no one around you gets laid off so you don't have to pick up their work. Good job getting workouts in and taking care of your stress level.

Can't wait to hear how your son's team did! Are they going to state?

We are extremely happy about my DH being able to work from home. Thanks for the kudos on my workouts. My lower body was sore last week from pairing Cathe Leg workouts followed by Barre workouts. I hope to be able to read that book a little at a time.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout all weekend. :) On Saturday I didn't do anything but try to create a dress for a 10 inch doll by knitting. This was taking a larger pattern, and making it fit this doll. I have never done anything like this before, but it turn out pretty good. I want to use up some of the surplus yarn that my mother gave me and make some clothes for the kids at my sisters daycare. Ultimately it got to be a bit of an obsession. On Sunday I got back into my basement, and organized all of my knitting, crochet and quilting/sewing books. I don't have as many as I had feared. With all of them scattered all over the place, it looked like I had to many. After that was done, I finished up a quilt that I had made several years ago, but it needed to be quilted. Finished that one up and then did some nice relaxing hand quilting instead of using my machine. I had started this quilt when the girls where little, and it was put aside. Well with all my organizing I found it, and want to finish it up. There are a few more projects like this that I need to get done, and now that I have an organized area, it will be a lot easier to get done.

This morning my workout was Kelly's 30MTF Build & Burn Cardio Core workout.

Laurel, Great job on the workout, and I'm so glad to hear that you will be able to start up the Meso 2 workouts. When you talked about reverse aging, it brought to mind that the oldest yogi just passed away. She was over 100 years old, but she could still get into positions that most older people can't possibly get into. So I'm for sure making the effort of doing more yoga, it really did feel great. Your retirement plan sounds solid, 62 is about the age DH will be taking his. He will be 60 in June, and he is contemplating one more year. I'm ready right now, but I know that I will not be getting a letter until I reach closer to 60. ;)

Erika, Dang on the added work load, and to bad that the company needs to do layoffs. Hope that your son has a good state journey, but can really understand the want for the season to be over. I got to that point with track. All the waiting was the worst part. I hope that your lacrosse has warmth, those track meets could be wet and cold a lot. I once had to wear my winter jacket to a track meet. Those metal bleachers are so so cold. I'm with you on the mindset. A lot of it has to do with the instructor also. Just find one that you enjoy. I really like Rudy Mettia from the Yoga Warrior series. He does have some workouts on youtube. People complain that he talks to much, but I enjoy listening to him. I did enjoy the sunshine this weekend, it sure was nice to see. We didn't start getting warm until yesterday.

Thelma, Nice that you where able to enjoy time with friends. Great job on your workouts, and talking yourself into doing one when you didn't want to. I wasn't able to do that this weekend, it was just to easy to say nope. ;) I'm not going to worry about it, I was just happy to get some long neglected things done.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty busy. Since the sun was shining Saturday morning, we decided to spend some time cleaning up the backyard. All the storms we have had brought down quite a few branches and such. While we were out there, we decided to attack one of our ‘home improvement projects’ we have been talking about doing since we moved in. We have a deck which is about five feet off the ground. The builder did nothing with that space under it, leaving it filled with gravel, building materials, trash and such. The place has always been just ‘yuck’ for me. So since I can almost stand under it, I took a rake in on Saturday, cleared out all the mess and evened it out. Yesterday DH payed down weed block and then we filled it in with a combo on rubber mulch and paving stones. And it looks SO much better! It was pretty back breaking work but so worth it. Now we have a place to store some garden things during the winter. :) I was curious how the arm was going to hold up, but it did well. My back, on the other hand.... :o . But it is nothing that a little Tylenol and rest didn’t take care of.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith’s Cardio Ball Blast and 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was STS Disc 17/Legs followed by a 30 minute HiiT spin from Peloton. Today was STS Disc 16/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Boxing, HiiT Blasts and Core. I went pretty light with the upper body workout but it was still challenging and the arm seems to be doing well with it. I think the strength will come back pretty quickly.

Erika, I will be curious to hear if your son’s team made state or not. I imagine it is exciting on one hand, but completely understand the ‘I’m done’ on the other! :) Sorry to hear things are so crazy at work. I am glad your job is safe, but it is no fun to be in a situation where people you work with are losing their jobs. Glad you are still enjoying your workout routine!

Thelma, sounds like a nice weekend. Great job with the workouts! I am certainly feeling my lower body today from that STS Leg workout yesterday. :o It feels so good to be back with Meso 2.

Laurie, I love the sound of your craft-filled weekend. How fun to design a dress for a doll! I bet that was a fun challenge. Great workout this morning.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Well I survived one of our busiest "end of the month recording days" we have had in a very long time .... including the middle of summer. :) It was non-stop all day recordings and paperwork, but like I told our office manager, I loved feeling like I was part of the whole process seeing the files come to a close, etc. This was my 2nd end of the month but January was not quite as many.

Thursday I had left early to go to the Gonzaga game in Spokane with DH and his parents, it was a lot of fun. No workout Friday and then my very busy day. The calm before the storm had happened being so quiet in here during the week and then Friday. Luckily I knew what was coming. LOL

Workouts over the weekend: Saturday I did KCM Strength and Stamina (both workouts combined pre-mix) and then yesterday I did STS Total Body. DH left for Las Vegas this a.m. for a couple days -- it is his annual trip with clients. He dreads it but once he gets there he enjoys some golf and laughs with the guys. So tonight I will head home for my workout after work.

I am going to try and read through your posts tonight so I can respond better tomorrow but wanted to let you ladies know what I was up to before too many days went by. ;)

Talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts today were STS Meso 2 Disc 23 Legs followed 45 minutes later by a Barre class. My legs are filling the workouts for sure!

We had a pretty rainy day. It stopped for a while but it started to rain again.

Laurie, sounds like you had a nice, relaxing weekend! Well deserved! I bet the doll's dress looks pretty! How nice of you to knit some clothes for the kids at your sister's daycare! You're so good about wanting to finish that quilt! I've abandoned crafty projects over the years and never looked back!

Great workout!

DH hopes to take early retirement at 58 so in about 2 years. It is a dream right for now. I think that he may go from full-time to part-time instead of retiring. He actually likes working. I, on the other hand, haven't had any issues adjusting to retirement. LOL

Laurel, busy weekend for sure but you did accomplish a lot! I'm so glad your arm is doing ok after all that work! You must be so relieved to have tackled the area below the deck! I hope your back is feeling better.
    Great workouts! I think another couple of weeks of STS and you'll be back at full strength. I am sure you are loving the STS workouts!
    I am still loving them and I'm still getting DOMS!

Tami, I'm so glad you're ok and that you survived another month-end at work!

Great job with your workouts! I'm glad you managed to get away from work to go enjoy the game with your family. I hope your DH has a lot of fun in Las Vegas!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I have a cold or seasonal allergies, because my nose is running like crazy. That is the only thing that is bothering me, so it's between those two things. ;) I'm not having any problems breathing, but the tissues are flying out of the box. I was able to do a workout, and it probably was a good thing that it was just a weight workout. :D I did 30MTF Build & Burn Upper Body Supersets.

Laurel, Totally understand the need to get that type of project done now, and it really sounds like it came out great. I'm glad to hear that you just needed some Tylenol, and rest afterward. Great job on the workouts, and that your arm is still improving. Looks like you are back into the swing of things with STS. I'm sure that you are not at the same weight with these as your previous round. I did have fun with the dress, and I wanted it to be easy for the little ones to put on and off. No snaps, zippers or buttons. This one just goes over the head. The back of the dress shows a little back, but I don't think that the children will care. ;)

Tami, Great job with the end of the month! My daughter has told me some stories about people wanting to close on their homes all the time on that last Friday. It can be really crazy. Great job on your workouts, I love that Strength and Stamina. Hope you where able to have a great workout yesterday.

Thelma, Nice job tackling the legs! ;) I just love crafting, but I don't really need anything for myself. My sister was super excited that I wanted to do something like that. I had given her a bunch of the girls barbies a couple of years ago, and she said that they just love playing with them. I did a little research, because she wants some dress up clothes for them also. I found some really cute aprons, that I can make look like they are snow white or other characters. I can use up some of the quilting cotton that I have accumulated also. I know that when I retire, I will be really busy with my crafts. I hope that your DH will be able to retire at 58, and I understand him wanting to work. I think that my DH is the same way, he needs to keep himself busy.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun 60 minute spin with Peloton followed by 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Felt good today!

Tami, hope you are able to take some deep breaths this week after all the hectic activity at work. Glad you were able to take some time to go watch basketball, though. Great job, as always, with the workouts. Hope your DH has a good time in Vegas.

Thelma, I still don’t know how you do that lower body combo! I was still feeling my legs from Sunday’s workout this morning, but I think the spin class helped loosen them up, which is good. Did you get hit with any of the storms last night? We are too far south (thankfully) and just got rain/thunder. I was shocked to see what happened in Nashville when I got up this morning. That type of storm in the middle of the night would terrify me. Hope they missed you as well.

Laurie, sorry to hear about the cold/allergies. My allergies are driving me crazy right now with a constant low, dull headache and endless sneezing. But, like you, that’s the only thing that is wrong so nothing serious! Good job with the workout this morning despite all that. I love how much thought you put into that dress for the children. Sounds like you have tons of good ideas for future projects!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night I had the perfect combo workout – I did Fit|Split Push followed by a 30 min Peloton ride. Tonight I am planning on F|S Pull and Peloton ride. Talked to DH briefly and so far so good on the Vegas trip. Today was golf and a fancy dinner out tonight.

I read through a few days of what I missed and you ladies are kicking butt in the workouts! Way to go.

Thelma: Sounds like your weekend was very nice getting together with friends and amazing workouts. You have really been doing an awesome job and I love that your body is cooperating after all the struggles you had last year. YAHOO! Thank you for the kudos on my “end of the month” and workouts. Feels really good to feel like I am accomplishing things at work finally. A purpose.

Laurie: Yes, your daughter can definitely relate working in the title business. End of the month, especially for the Escrow Dept. is brutal. Sounds like your weekend was very nice with yard/home projects and how nice of your to be knitting for your sisters daycare. That is so thoughtful, love that. Way to go with your KCM 30 MTF Build & Burn Cardio Core and then your Upper Body Supersets this a.m.

Laurel: So happy to read that your arm continues to improve and that you are back to lifting STS style! Even if it is lower weight, that is still fantastic! Sounds like you and DH accomplished a lot over the weekend and good to hear that Tylenol was all you needed after that.

Erika: Sorry things are so crazy for you right now with work and very happy to hear your job is not on the “chopping block”, but still not a fun atmosphere to be dealing with. Hang in there. Hope your sons tourney hockey game went well and they made it to State!

Have a great rest of your day/evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was STS Meso 2 Disc 24 Back and Biceps. I was able to go heavier on all exercises which felt great!

Laurie, sorry your nose is running like crazy. I hope it's just allergies. I sneezed tonight and my nostrils felt funny after that. I think I'm having allergies too because I don't feel sick. Good job getting a workout in!

I think it's wonderful that you love crafting so much. You're really good at it too. I bet your sister is excited about the clothes you're going to make for the kids she babysits. Those aprons sound really cute! When you retire you start selling your crafts!
    I hope DH is able to retire at 58 too. I really think he'll keep working p/t because he has to stay busy. I rather stay busy doing other things! LOL

Laurel, great workouts!

I have no idea how I can do this leg combo but it feels great being able to do it. You would love it too! We had a lot of rain last night and this morning. I know it was heavy rain and some people in BR lost power. I was horrified about those tornadoes in TN. Nashville is not that far from here. I think it's about 2 hours from here. Thank God those tornadoes missed us. It has to be terrifying to wake up in the middle of a tornado!

Tami, great workouts! I'm glad you have time to get full workouts in! Sounds like your DH is having a good time!

We really had a wonderful weekend. You have no idea how happy and thankful I am to be able to do these workouts after what I've been through.
    You really are doing a great job at work. It is so wonderful that your management team is recognizing your efforts.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I do believe that this is a cold. I opted to stay in bed this morning, because of how I felt before I went to bed. Woke up with a stuffed up nose and headache. So no workout for me this morning. If I feel okay when I get home, I will do my workout. Since I'm doing Kelly's Build & Burn series, the workouts are short.

Laurel, Great job on your bike ride and yoga. I'm sure that I will suffer from the allergies soon also. Those blooming trees will start soon, well at least I hope. We are having some nice warm temps, but there is still snow in the ditches. My biggest problem with my project list of crafts, it just keeps growing and growing. I see so many things that I want to make. :D

Tami, Nice workouts! Sounds like your DH is having fun in Vegas. When my DH goes out there for his yearly conference, he sends me pics of the food he is eating. It always looks so good. He has been wondering if they will have the conference this year with the virus scare. Those FitSplit workout where on my to do list for this rotation. I'm still iffy about my easy week workouts. I was thinking of changing to the FitSplit or Supreme 90, since I have not done those workouts in a very long time.

Thelma, Awesome job on the workout, and upping the weight! This cold started with a lot of sneezing, and then I was stuffed up but still able to breath. Even now I can breath through my nose. Funny you should mention selling my craft items, my dd's want me to open an Etsy account when I retire. Will have to seriously look at that option. I'm with you on staying busy in my own home, instead of working for someone else again.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 18/Back and Biceps followed by Cathe Live 100 Episode. The weights felt good today. I was more comfortable pushing it than I was on Monday but still kept it under what I normally lift by an increment or two. But that was more than enough! My arms feel full. :D

Tami, great workouts! Love the sound of the Fit/Split and Peloton combo. Glad to hear your DH is doing well in Vegas.

Thelma, great workout and great job upping the weight! So glad to hear you continue to feel well on this new medicine. I am glad the strong storms missed you as well. Nashville is 100 miles north of us, so we weren’t even close. But, still, it seems close when it comes to storms like that! Thankfully our hills protect us a bit. I would imagine it is the same for you.

Laurie, sorry to hear you have caught a cold. I am glad you listened to your body and skipped the workout this morning. Our trees are budding here already, so my issue is definitely allergies. I remember having a headache that lasted about three months last spring. I hate taking allergy medication, but whereas last year I only took one pill all season....I am taking more this year. And it does help. I have never had allergies like I had here last year. :o

Until tomorrow.

Laurel