"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Thanks!

I didn't realize I had left out my back. Those will go in tomorrow.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Cardio: 44 minutes running, 437 calories burned - recovery run

Strength: none.

Food: really good. Very happy. Lots of lean proteins, carbs and sodium under.

Met my water goal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    This morning at 8:30 I did a Muscle Confusion class for 60 minutes which includes weights (8lb dumbbells) with plyometric moves ...ie: lunges with a shoulder press or squats with a bicep curl. Lots of ab work, pushups, jumping jacks, jumps in general. The class mixes strength moves with cardio.

This afternoon at 4:30 I lifted weight! Lateral pull downs, front lateral raises, bicep curls, chest press, step ups with 15 lb kettle bells, tricep press downs, dumbbell lateral raises. 3 sets of 12-15

I am well within my calories today so chose not to do cardio after word since i did it this morning.
    Excellent! Always cool to do splits! You rock!
  • ninerbuff
    Today was an off day and I try to always use it clean. not usually as much as today.

To make it interesting ( lets face it-cleaning is booooring) I made myself take way more trips into other rooms and up/down the stairs to put things away. Almost done, just the kitchen floor left to mop!

I'm within calories so far, but that might change. The taqueria has been calling my name all week.
    Rest is good. If you go taqueria, split the entree.
  • ninerbuff

Met my water goal.
    Nice run. How fast do you go?
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member

Met my water goal.
    Nice run. How fast do you go?

Tonight was just under 13 min per mile. I've never been super fast, but am getting better. Was running 19 minute miles 6 months ago... I was also breaking in new orthotics, which felt weird! Lol
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    I tried to keep track of what I did today with my trainer but I just find it so hard to do - I can barely COUNT on my own by the end of it.

Cardio: Brisk walk for warmup, jumping jacks, some kind of ...hopping..thing. We were going to do suicides but we're giving the shinsplit another day or two to heal (sigh).

Strength (I guess): Woodchoppers x 4 (2 on each side) sets of 10 with my training providing resistance rather than weight, uhhh ...squat hops with an 8lb medicine ball, plank walk, crab walk, row in a lunge position (12lb weights) x2 sets of 10, a lunge with 5 lb weights where instead of the deep lunge its a smaller down but a bigger up (front leg goes straighter) x2 sets of 10.

Ummm.... more lunges in a zig zag. Wall sit. Chair pose for 30 seconds. 1 leg squats x 2 (1 set for each foot) sets of 10. Tricep pushbacks with 8lbs. a Bicep curl followed by holding arms straight and pushing them down like a paddle motion- this is seated on a total gym with cables, i have no idea what to call it.

two-weight front lifts balanced on left leg, followed by a dumbell lateral raise/power partial on the right leg - but modified motion so arms were SLIGHTLY forward - not sure what that was. 5lbs.

I think that was everything. HRM says 270 calories burned.

Assessment: I was weak and exhausted this morning - not enough food yesterday? Wolfed down a luna protein bar and then had Wahoo's for lunch (Brown rice, black beans) and felt great afterwards. I'm within my calories (got 118 left) but I'm currently feeling hungry and I think i'm going to go hit up some almonds.... no wait I just bought some bananas and blueberries.
  • ninerbuff
    I tried to keep track of what I did today with my trainer but I just find it so hard to do - I can barely COUNT on my own by the end of it.

Cardio: Brisk walk for warmup, jumping jacks, some kind of ...hopping..thing. We were going to do suicides but we're giving the shinsplit another day or two to heal (sigh).

Strength (I guess): Woodchoppers x 4 (2 on each side) sets of 10 with my training providing resistance rather than weight, uhhh ...squat hops with an 8lb medicine ball, plank walk, crab walk, row in a lunge position (12lb weights) x2 sets of 10, a lunge with 5 lb weights where instead of the deep lunge its a smaller down but a bigger up (front leg goes straighter) x2 sets of 10.

Ummm.... more lunges in a zig zag. Wall sit. Chair pose for 30 seconds. 1 leg squats x 2 (1 set for each foot) sets of 10. Tricep pushbacks with 8lbs. a Bicep curl followed by holding arms straight and pushing them down like a paddle motion- this is seated on a total gym with cables, i have no idea what to call it.

two-weight front lifts balanced on left leg, followed by a dumbell lateral raise/power partial on the right leg - but modified motion so arms were SLIGHTLY forward - not sure what that was. 5lbs.

I think that was everything. HRM says 270 calories burned.

Assessment: I was weak and exhausted this morning - not enough food yesterday? Wolfed down a luna protein bar and then had Wahoo's for lunch (Brown rice, black beans) and felt great afterwards. I'm within my calories (got 118 left) but I'm currently feeling hungry and I think i'm going to go hit up some almonds.... no wait I just bought some bananas and blueberries.
    Excellent! Lots of cool exercises you did. You should be proud.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    This morning at 8:30 I did a Muscle Confusion class for 60 minutes which includes weights (8lb dumbbells) with plyometric moves ...ie: lunges with a shoulder press or squats with a bicep curl. Lots of ab work, pushups, jumping jacks, jumps in general. The class mixes strength moves with cardio.

This afternoon at 4:30 I lifted weight! Lateral pull downs, front lateral raises, bicep curls, chest press, step ups with 15 lb kettle bells, tricep press downs, dumbbell lateral raises. 3 sets of 12-15

I am well within my calories today so chose not to do cardio after word since i did it this morning.
    Excellent! Always cool to do splits! You rock!

Sweet! Thanks. Bonus: I lifted the heaviest dumbbells for biceps yet....20lbs each! ;-o
  • ninerbuff

Sweet! Thanks. Bonus: I lifted the heaviest dumbbells for biceps yet....20lbs each! ;-o
    Atta girl!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW (Last chance workout)! Have 3 clients today and just some light cardio.

Cardio:walk/jog- 2 miles (280 calories)

Strength:arms- bicep curls, alternate curls, close grip presses, lying tricep extensions. 3x8-10

Assessment:Feeling good and weight is down a 1lb.
  • tameko2
    Excellent! Lots of cool exercises you did. You should be proud.

I love working with a trainer, I couldn't put together something like that by myself and when she tells me "you've got 4 more" I do 4 more -- when I do it myself I think "ugh 8 is my limit today" -- its so much harder to judge your own limits. I'd like to do 3 days a week, but ...money.
  • Javajunkie67
    This morning:
    Push ups 2x10
    Side lat, bent lat, tricep ext, bicep, upright rows, bent row, glute kickbacks 2x8-10
    Lunges, squats and good mornings 2x15
    120 calories burned

32 minutes kicks & punches.
    371 calories burned

As soon as I'm done with this it's time to mow the lawn and pull some weeds.

Assessment:
    Yesterday my food was good, cooked lighter Mexican style at home and hit my water mark.

Big plus, I measured last night and I'm down 1 1/2 inches between waist and thigh! My waist measurement hasn't moved in a month!!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    This morning:
    Push ups 2x10
    Side lat, bent lat, tricep ext, bicep, upright rows, bent row, glute kickbacks 2x8-10
    Lunges, squats and good mornings 2x15
    120 calories burned

32 minutes kicks & punches.
    371 calories burned

As soon as I'm done with this it's time to mow the lawn and pull some weeds.

Assessment:
    Yesterday my food was good, cooked lighter Mexican style at home and hit my water mark.

Big plus, I measured last night and I'm down 1 1/2 inches between waist and thigh! My waist measurement hasn't moved in a month!!!!!!
    Great job! And yard work is a good calorie burner!
  • Javajunkie67
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW (Last chance workout)! Have 3 clients today and just some light cardio.

Cardio:walk/jog- 2 miles (280 calories)

Strength:arms- bicep curls, alternate curls, close grip presses, lying tricep extensions. 3x8-10

Assessment:Feeling good and weight is down a 1lb.

What's a last chance workout?
  • ninerbuff

What's a last chance workout?
    Weekends are usually everyone's demise. So hit your workout hard to help burn some extra calories before the weekend!!!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    08/31 - NROWFIZS Cardio - Insanity Plyo Circuit (316 calories)

09/01 - NROWFIZS Strength
    Clean and Press:
    35 lb x 5 reps
    75 lb x 3 reps
    1st set light for form. 2nd set, set for husband's lift.
    Leg Extensions:
    17.5 lb x 10 reps
    17.5 lb x 10 reps
    left leg only
    Lying Leg Curls:
    12.5 lb x 10 reps
    12.5 lb x 10 reps
    left leg only
    Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise:
    12 lb x 10 reps
    12 lb x 10 reps
    left leg only
    Dumbbell Step Ups:
    15 lb x 10 reps
    15 lb x 10 reps
    8" step
    One Point Dumbbell Row:
    30 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps
    Body Weight Bulgarian Split Squat:
    10 reps
    10 reps
    doubled the height of the rear foot over last time (8" to 16")
    Push-Up:
    10 reps
    10 reps
    Plank:
    30 sec
    20 sec
    20 sec
    My arms gave out
    Horizontal wood chop (home alternative)
    20 lb x 10 reps
    20 lb x 10 reps
    no cables, done lying supine on a swiss ball.
  • tameko2
    Cardio: did 50 minutes of fast walking with controlled rhythmic arm movements (I'm sure it looks like stupid dancing ...which is what it is). 357 calories burned -- depressingly I think that was a much better burn than the last couple jog/walks I have. Apparently eating a frozen yogurt + fruit 30 minutes before a walk is great for performance?

Strength: Legs are killing me from mega squats/lunges/jumping day yesterday so I stuck to an abs routine. Scissor kicks, lower back curl, leg pull ins, reverse crunches. I was going to call it but I've got some pushups left in me so I'm going to go do that.

Assessment - I had a very non-traditionally good day -- looks like a bad one on paper but my body and digestive system are quite happy so who am I to argue.
  • ninerbuff
    08/31 - NROWFIZS Cardio - Insanity Plyo Circuit (316 calories)

09/01 - NROWFIZS Strength
    Clean and Press:
    35 lb x 5 reps
    75 lb x 3 reps
    1st set light for form. 2nd set, set for husband's lift.
    Leg Extensions:
    17.5 lb x 10 reps
    17.5 lb x 10 reps
    left leg only
    Lying Leg Curls:
    12.5 lb x 10 reps
    12.5 lb x 10 reps
    left leg only
    Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise:
    12 lb x 10 reps
    12 lb x 10 reps
    left leg only
    Dumbbell Step Ups:
    15 lb x 10 reps
    15 lb x 10 reps
    8" step
    One Point Dumbbell Row:
    30 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps
    Body Weight Bulgarian Split Squat:
    10 reps
    10 reps
    doubled the height of the rear foot over last time (8" to 16")
    Push-Up:
    10 reps
    10 reps
    Plank:
    30 sec
    20 sec
    20 sec
    My arms gave out
    Horizontal wood chop (home alternative)
    20 lb x 10 reps
    20 lb x 10 reps
    no cables, done lying supine on a swiss ball.
    Nice work and great description of all your exercises!
  • ninerbuff
    Cardio: did 50 minutes of fast walking with controlled rhythmic arm movements (I'm sure it looks like stupid dancing ...which is what it is). 357 calories burned -- depressingly I think that was a much better burn than the last couple jog/walks I have. Apparently eating a frozen yogurt + fruit 30 minutes before a walk is great for performance?

Strength: Legs are killing me from mega squats/lunges/jumping day yesterday so I stuck to an abs routine. Scissor kicks, lower back curl, leg pull ins, reverse crunches. I was going to call it but I've got some pushups left in me so I'm going to go do that.

Assessment - I had a very non-traditionally good day -- looks like a bad one on paper but my body and digestive system are quite happy so who am I to argue.
    Seems that this is a good way to rest up on the "bombed" body parts. Sounds like you did it right today.