Replies

• airbeat
    airbeat Posts: 82 Member
    Name: Harry
    Weight: 289
    Height: 5'10"
    Goal: 225
    OMAD 4-8PM

I just started today for the second go around. I only got less than a week in the first time as I had to stop for other reasons. My plan is to do 20:4 fasting where my off time is from 4P to 8P. It was working well with my work schedule and seems to be the best fit for me. Anyone else in their late 60's -70's doing this here? Curious as to how well others have adapted to this method. I look forward to the discussions. I know that everyone is different and what works for one may not be suitable for another. However I do get good ideas from others and willing to try another method if I'm having trouble with keeping up. I look forward to the discussions and hope to be counted as one of those success stories soon.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome to the group and welcome back to OMAD. This is a great group. Create your own thread to share your journey and for lots of encouragement and support.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to the group Harry :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    A warm welcome ❤️
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2020
    ...your name or preferred username - Lori
    ...your weight - High: 172 Current: 148
    ...your height - 5' 3"
    ...any past struggles you've faced - Sugar Addiction, Hot Flashes
    ...your goal weight range - 130-135
    ...the time of your OMAD - Not Sure Yet - I'll experiment. Anywhere from 2:00 to 4:00pm.
    ...and your OMAD start date - Today

You might elaborate on what brought you around to OMAD as opposed to other weight-loss methods. This thread lets others know they are not alone in the struggle.

Struggled with sugar addiction for as long as I can remember. (8 hour glucose tolerance test when I was 19 - doctor told me to quit eating sugar. Yeah right :D ) Menopause issues more recently. I read Jason Fung's book in April 2018 and tried to fast for four days right off the bat. Failed miserably of course! Not sure exactly when in 2019 I read an article that I should ease into it. Started with 12:12, no snacks and gradually decreased my eating window. I've been doing 20:4 for awhile (2:00-6:00pm eating window) and realizing that I'm just not hungry after I get done eating at 2:00 for any more food later. So the next obvious stage is OMAD! So glad to find this group! Oh yeah, and I never have hot flashes anymore and I haven't eaten any added sweeteners (white/brown sugar, agave, honey, artificial, etc.) since the end of June 2019. I LOVE IF! :):):)
  • LadyBlanks
    edited March 2020
    Welcome to OMAD and the group Lori. You did good easing into OMAD. OMAD works and should really provide you some great results. We are a great bunch and are here to encourage and support you along your journey
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    Thanks!
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome to the OMAD group!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome!!!
  • jadepearl
    Hi there and a warm welcome <3
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hey there! Welcome!
  • 17morganratliff
    17morganratliff Posts: 3 Member
    You can call me Jim.

I currently weigh 164 pounds.

I'm about six feet tall.

I struggle with binging/overeating. I want to correct that (and lose just a few pounds). I'm also interested in improving my health through invoking a daily 24-ish hour fast.

My goal weight range is between 150 and 165 pounds.

I intend to eat around noon, between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.

I'll be starting OMAD tomorrow, 4/3/20.
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Jim!
  • 17morganratliff
    17morganratliff Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Joe!

I've been following your stuff for a while. This should be interesting. I've tried some other stuff with varying results; I even did OMAD for a couple of weeks once. Out of everything, I think OMAD made it the easiest on me: just sit down, eat some food, and be done with it. Simple.

I need that simplicity right now, more than anything.
  • arguablysamson
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Joe!

I've been following your stuff for a while. This should be interesting. I've tried some other stuff with varying results; I even did OMAD for a couple of weeks once. Out of everything, I think OMAD made it the easiest on me: just sit down, eat some food, and be done with it. Simple.

I need that simplicity right now, more than anything.

And there never has been a better time in modern times to get things under control!
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome Jim
  • volgirl1322
    Welcome!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to the OMAD group Jim :)
  • jadepearl
    Hi there and a warm welcome :)