Quicky Meals

EpilepsyWarrior
EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
Sometimes, im either busy, dont feel like cooking or just plain run out of food or forget to take something out. What is your go to meal that doesnt require alot of time or planning?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    When I don't have something to cook for dinner 9/10 I am making myself eggs and bacon with toast. And whatever vegetables I have laying around.

There's also sandwiches and naan pizzas
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Usually a sandwich of some kind...though for the most part we plan our dinners for the week on the weekend so that we can put together our shopping. Most of our weeknight meals are pretty quick and easy...usually some kind of meat, poultry, or fish on the grill or baked and some kind of veg side.

Depending on the protein and cooking method, dinner generally takes me anywhere from 10-20 minutes usually. I prefer the grill to anything else.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Omelets, fill with whatever you have available
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Veggie burgers, a quick pasta, stir fry w rice, or tacos with canned beans, diced tomatoes and cheese are my go-to. I also try to always keep homemade soup in the freezer for a quick meal!
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Today is going to be couple papardelle nests, half bunch of rapini, garlic, butter and parmegiano.

Dinner will be ready in 15 minutes.

Sounds lovely but I have no clue what papardelle nests and rapini are lol Sounds very interesting though 😋
  • oceangirl99
    oceangirl99 Posts: 161 Member
    Throw protein in the slow cooker before work or however you start your day. (I have sweet and sour chicken cooking right now - it took me literally 45 seconds to throw in frozen chicken breast, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup and water). Then chop up whatever veg you have, drizzle olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and into the oven to roast. Tada. Literally 5 minutes of work total for a healthy yummy meal.
    Plan B - breakfast for dinner.
    Plan C - a bunch of "stuff" cheese, veggies/dip, pickles, hard-boiled egg, pepperettes, etc.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    If I've got meat, I make a "taco bowl." Put in quotes because what goes in the bowl changes based on what I have. Brown the meat, and while it's browning, get the rest of whatever I've got together. Add sauce of some kind to meat. Dump everything in a bowl. Pretty hands off.

Or sandwiches. Always sandwiches.
  • debc61057
    debc61057 Posts: 1 Member
    For a quick dinner, I brown ground chicken, add taco seasoning, can of black beans (rinsed), pint of fresh salsa and a can of corn drained.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 515 Member
    Tuna salad is my go to meal as well as fresh salad fixings that I make up for a few days at a time and then I use the Starkist pouches of either salmon, tuna, or chicken.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Fish. I can have have cod from freezer to plate in 25 mins, same time it takes to bake some fries or cook rice. Saute peppers takes about five minutes.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/aug/20/the-only-4-spaghetti-recipes-you-will-ever-need-giorgio-locatelli#maincontent

Four pasta dishes where you make the sauce out of store cupboard ingredients within the 10 minutes it takes to cook the pasta.