Cottage cheese

2»

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    I can stand sweet cottage cheese. Ive been eating hood cucumber dill recently and dipping carrots in it.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    Baked apples with cinnamon! I bet stirring in winter squash, especially kabocha and butternut, would be good. Topping a potato with it would taste amazing, especially with chili powder. I used to eat it with a can of kidney beans stirred in for extra protein, sounds gross but it wasn't bad!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    I use strawberries a lot with it. But really any berries will go with it if you do it for a meal or a sack. I do half a serving instead of a full serving which I believe is a cup because of hbp and low sodium diet. If you do it for a snack then tomatoes and or cucumbers.
  • deetucker70
    deetucker70 Posts: 43 Member
    I know this sounds yuck but I read it in a blog and love it. Cottage cheese with Franks hot sauce and chopped walnuts!
  • DyneSalcar
    DyneSalcar Posts: 45 Member
    Throw it in the blender and use it as a creamy dip for apples and strawberries!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Any kind of fruit IMHO
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited March 2020
    Old weight watchers recipe

Toast a slice of bread.
    Add about 1/4 tsp vanilla and a little of your favorite sweetener to the cottage cheese.
    Put the cottage cheese on the toast. Bake it until the cottage cheese melts (it takes longer than cheese like mozzarella).
    Top it with your favorite fruit and a little cinnamon if you like.

They called it cheese danish. Doesn’t taste anything like a danish to me, but I like it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited March 2020
    Oh yeah, completely forgot. It's great in a smoothie. PB, cocoa powder, vanilla, sweetener, 4 ice cubes , and cottage cheese. Quite creamy when blended completely.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I like savory cottage cheese so I eat it with everything bagel seasoning. It is tasty and filling.
  • moniquer8468
    moniquer8468 Posts: 1 Member
    Google cottage cheese pancakes - they’re delicious!