The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Been awhile. I'm on the mend after a killer run of shifts and then picking up the flu. I keep saying I'm going to get vaccinated but then I never get around to it. I should have done it this year. Even if it limited my symptoms, it would have been worth it.
  • sufferlandrian
    I think I'm getting immune to the caffeine. :disappointed:
  • sufferlandrian
    Finally getting back on the bike. It feels good. 😊
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I think I'm getting immune to the caffeine. :disappointed:

I think I have this same issue. It sucks so bad...
  • sufferlandrian
    I can’t think of anything legal I can substitute for Caffeine. :smile: Guess I’ll have to work on getting sleep. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I can get all the sleep in the world and still crave it lol. No help for me
  • sufferlandrian
    In the Zombie apocalypse you and I will be looking for Caffeine while everyone else is looking for brains. Based on the conversation I heard while in Walmart, I think we will have better luck. Any conversation between two guys that begins, "You wouldn't believe what my B**** wanted me to do?" is never going to end well.
  • sufferlandrian
    By the way, it was buy tampons for her.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    By the way, it was buy tampons for her.

If that's all it takes for him to be saying that out loud in public, thennnnn....well, yeah, I have to agree, it's not going to end well.
  • sufferlandrian
    These 62 hour shifts take more out of me than they used to,. Guess I'm getting old. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    We’ve reached the terrible weather time of year. It can’t decide if it still wants to be winter or if it is time for spring. Almost 50 degrees today but heading for -2 on Saturday.
  • chsberthelot2934
    chsberthelot2934 Posts: 48 Member
    4 more hours to go!
  • jennifer_417
    @sufferlandrian , what happened to the relief vet? Did another one quit on you?

Normal for Missouri, the weather is all over the place. Bouncing from 30s to 60s.
  • sufferlandrian
    She had a couple of shows to go to. It's OK. Things will get crazy again at the end of the month when the other full time vet goes to the arctic circle to work on a dog sled race over the arctic circle.
  • jennifer_417
    I put a harness on my cat tonight and he's been dragging himself all over the living room like I broke all of his legs. It may make me a bad person, but I have been laughing so hard.
  • sufferlandrian
    lol. No, that doesn't make you a bad person. He has to get used to it sometime. Bad owners are those that just let their cats roam free and they end up injured or dead. It is funny watching them get used to it though. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Everyone staying alive out there?
  • sufferlandrian
    Yes but we had to lock down the clinic and only pets come in. Owners wait in the cars.
  • sufferlandrian
    We make an exception for euthanasias. Owner can be with their pets for that but we limit where they can go in the hospital and how many people can be in the room.
  • jennifer_417
    Understandable. Stay safe!

In other news, my cat managed to slip his harness last night and for some reason this inspired him to rub in circles around the living room as fast as he could. Which would've been sort of cute except I was napping on the sofa and he made me part if his circuit around the room.