Creamer Alternatives

I’m a sucker for putting flavored creamers into my coffee, like the Coffee Mate or Simply Natural brand that is French vanilla or hazelnut. Anyone know of any good alternatives to sweetened creamers?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited March 2020
    Regular milk and use a little regular sugar, or artificial sweetener.

• karlyshurnaik
    karlyshurnaik Posts: 3 Member
    I make my own. Almond milk with vanilla extract.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I enjoy Trader Joe's coconut creamer. It's 5 calories and does the job nicely.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    I'm not a big coffee drinker, but here are a few things that my husband did and it worked great for him. He would by flavored coffee grounds and just use a little bit of regular milk and sugar (slowly cutting that back every week until he drank it black). Or he used sugar free flavor syrups. And sometimes he would turn his iced coffee into more of a protein shake. He would make really strong coffee and add caramel premier protein to it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,884 Member
    Try Starbucks Hazelnut coffee (Target often has good sales) plus a little half & half and sugar.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    honestly if you like them just factor those calories into your daily goal

^^This, I agree 100%
    If you like it, use it, log it, enjoy it.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,157 Member
    Do you like the cream, the flavor or both? Equal has some surprisingly good flavored sweeteners you could check out. I found Peppermint Mocha on Amazon and had to try it out. It’s really good! I‘m a sucker for anything peppermint mocha and like this every bit as much, if not more, as I like adding a half packet of Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Instant Latte mix to my office coffee.
  • cianag
    cianag Posts: 29 Member
    I use coffeemate french vanilla. I just make sure I know how much I'm putting in the coffee and log it. Since I know how many calories it is, now. I use a lot less. ;)
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    In TX, HEB has a Vanilla Milk that is amazing. It has added protein, (reg milk is 8 or 9g of protein, & Mootopia has 13g), 50% less sugar, & I think less carbs.. & is lactose free. I love it in my coffee!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    honestly if you like them just factor those calories into your daily goal

Agree. It's 20-50 calories, not that hard to fit in.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,293 Member
    Jordan's Skinny Syrups for me. My favorites are anything sea salt or caramel.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,380 Member
    We grind and brew our own coffee at home, 50/50 mix of a nice dark roast and hazelnut flavored. Just enough for a good hint of the flavor without overpowering the coffee. Then I just add a little half and half and a tiny squeeze of little splenda.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I’m a sucker for putting flavored creamers into my coffee, like the Coffee Mate or Simply Natural brand that is French vanilla or hazelnut. Anyone know of any good alternatives to sweetened creamers?

I use a splash (yes, I actually measure it as a Tbl.) of Half&Half. It is rich enough to taste good in the coffee but doesn't add a ton of calories. A bit of sugar or artificial sweetener can be added if you prefer.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    another half n half girl- use with flavored coffees and a little sweetner
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    A raw egg.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    anubis609 wrote: »
    A raw egg.

Only good in Cowboy Coffee
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I do foamed milk with a sprinkle of unsweetened Dutch cocoa sometimes. I put the cocoa in a mini salt shaker so I can easily sprinkle it on top.tzzf9r1bbaii.jpeg
    4vel8xdcdyzq.jpeg

• chelleedub
    chelleedub Posts: 50 Member
    Unsweetened vanilla coconut milk. You can also add a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or whatever floats ya
  • mydogisthebestdogever
    mydogisthebestdogever Posts: 703 Member
    I like Silk Oh yea oatmeal cookie oat milk coffee creamer, it's so sweet which I like. 25 cals for a tablespoon.