New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    edited March 2020
    Don't think these are too new, found them while reorganizing.... But they are really really good and I'm sad that it took so long for me to try them:

Off the Eaten Path
    Veggie Crisps (rice, peas, black beans)

They look like large Quaker Oats rice crisps except they taste wonderful and not like flavored cardboard and are colorful.

Ingredients: rice flour, sunflower oil, dried green peas, dried yellow peas, dried black beans, sea salt, and mixed tocopherols (antioxidant, this is actually vitamin E).

Quite salty but it works for them. 130 calories, 3 grams fiber, 3 grams protein per ounce.

Now I have to remember where I bought them. I just checked and they are available at Amazon, Walmart, and Target. I know I got them somewhere else online, though.

They have other types of crisps, one adds chickpeas to the above and another adds chickpeas and purple sweet potato.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2020
    https://checkout.keyeats.com/r/checkout?myshopify_domain=getkeyto.myshopify.com&cart_token=f34333ca6591db7708a88e4ec945122e&ga_linker=_ga=2.37947811.1403236225.1583123258-18572774.1583123258

3 free Keto bars. (Only do if you have a prepaid card with nothing on it left so you don't have to worry about ever being charged or having to cancel the trial. I used the same card with 0 left for all 10 of my orders!) I sent to all my family and friends and everyone got them on saturday. I haven't tried mine yet, but everyone says they are really good. Wanted to let you guys know so you don't miss out before it ends.

p4bln0tvd8wn.jpg

You could still do with a regular card, but you HAVE to remember to cancel the 14 day free trial membership before it ends. It is so much easier to use a prepaid with 0 on it because then you don't even have to cancel or worry about it, lol!

ANother freebie....

Free Egg McMuffin at McDonald's On Monday Morning 3/2 From 6AM to 10:30AM. No Purchase Required

Download their app via link or from the app store. Coupon will show in the app https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/download-app.html

Not amazing since they are cheap anyways, but figured I'd let you guys know in case you are by mcdonalds tomorrow.

0haeuwb6tx3p.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    saq1a6eulg6j.png
  • pancakerunner
    ijia5cf7n2a8.png
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @pancakerunner I have to admit, I'm very curious about what that syrup would taste like.
  • pancakerunner
    @pancakerunner I have to admit, I'm very curious about what that syrup would taste like.

lol I'm not... yikes!
  • cathybock
    cathybock Posts: 8 Member
    A nutritionist recommended Bada Bean Bada Boom snacks - has anyone tried them? Thoughts? I'm curious, but not even sure where to find them.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    edited March 2020
    cathybock wrote: »
    A nutritionist recommended Bada Bean Bada Boom snacks - has anyone tried them? Thoughts? I'm curious, but not even sure where to find them.

Yes, I like them a lot - nice and crunchy, packed with flavor, high fiber and a good source of some protein. I mentioned some of the new flavors I tried up thread. They have a store locator on their website or you can purchase them online and have them shipped.

edit: was way up thread, here's a link to make it easier :smile:
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,809 Member
    saq1a6eulg6j.png

I'm so excited for the pancake mix. Been looking for it
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member

Yes, they're really good! Like a crunchy bean with good, salty flavor. I like the garlic and onion one a lot.
  • pancakerunner
    Neeeed these! Nutter butters are my favorite! I prefer them over Oreos any day n7n0x9vlb3fi.jpeg

We need a chocolate peanut butter Nutter Butter.
  • Quest chips😋
  • barnwpk
    barnwpk Posts: 5 Member
    I found these new Clio Greek Yogurt Bars at Walmart. 140 calories and 8 gr of protein. They are filling and so totally delicious. Reminds me of cheesecake .... Yummy snackj4s96or8ht7u.jpg
  • jwoolman5
    saq1a6eulg6j.png

What a genius idea! Adding favorite junkie cereals to pancake batter! The Cap'n Crunch berries aren't my favorite, though - I like the original or the ones shaped like donuts with sprinkles.

• jwoolman5
    edited March 2020

These roasted broadbeans are really good. The brand name is Enlightened. They changed the name of the product to the cutesy Bada Bean Bada Boom relatively recently, so I don't know if they changed the flavors along with the packaging. I always have kept the original sea salt and the garlic&onion on hand (I think the others had dairy so I never tried them). I like both equally.

They have 7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per ounce and so they are helpful to me if I'm low on protein or fiber that day and not in the mood to do anything but open a bag and eat ... .

Very salty, so a little goes a long way for me. But since the salt is on the outside in the seasoning, they actually only have 130 mg sodium per ounce (no worse and better than other things).

I buy them online. I think Vitacost and Walmart and Amazon and LuckyVitamin have them. Vitacost and LuckyVitamin sell individual packages also.

They can be a bit hard to find, so the distribution might need work. They often seem out of stock where I shop online, so I grab several when I see them. If you have Whole Foods or Trader Joe's or Kroger or Meijers or Target, they might have them in-store or online. You could check their websites first.
  • jwoolman5
    edited March 2020
    I
    oocdc2 wrote: »

There was a Panera chocolate chip cookie in a pre-packaged lunch box. I ate it first (Amazing!) and then went to log.

Holy *kitten*. They are 380 calories.

Per cookie.

I had water the rest of the day.

Ah, yes. The cookies that are basically a full meal per cookie. I know them well.... The huge muffins are the same way. Likewise for things like Little Debbie's and TastyKake treats we are supposed to stuff into kids' lunchboxes. Check the nutritional labels on those small glazed pies sometime. It's a wonder that we aren't all forkliftable

380 calories is on the low side. I've bought cookies online that are commonly 400-450 calories per cookie. Maybe they make them thinking we are all soldiers in combat.

When faced with a cookie or any similar item equal to almost 1/3 of my calorie needs for the day, I just break them into pieces and keep in the freezer. If cookies are packaged individually, I just break them up without even opening the package. It's too hard to break them up when frozen, so I do that before freezing. Other things can be cut first and repackaged.

This also supposedly makes them more out of sight, out of mind. Supposedly. So they say.

• jwoolman5
    VegJoyP: I tried Amy's vegan Chili Mac&Cheeze (which seems to be gluten-free, rice pasta). It was tasty, but too pricey for me to buy again.

But it gave me the idea to try just adding chili beans to my own mac and cheese. Good melting vegan cheese or nutritional yeast concoctions can be used.

My mac&cheese recipe is:

1. Cook pasta.
    2. Add cheese.
    3. Melt cheese.
    4. Eat.

So I think I can manage adding that one ingredient, replacing Step 3 as follows:

3a. Find can opener (not kidding).
    3b. Open can of chili beans.
    3c. Add to pasta and cheese.
    3d. Melt cheese and heat up beans.
  • pancakerunner
    4le3cn6wybvz.jpeg
    yzf1sz3asqp1.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    kezr2epsvv6s.jpeg
    dwdf0cyayqqy.jpeg