This is a very sad week for me

NovusDies
NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
I am sure others have lost someone dear to them around this time of year. Last year I lost my brother in law. He and I were cut from a similar cloth and I loved him dearly.

But it is good that I am so sad. It means he has lived a life worth being sad over and he did. He has made an indelible mark on my life. He was far from perfect but he was great. I miss him. Selfishly I feel robbed because I am so much more capable of doing things with him than I was this time last year.

Replies

• What is remembered, lives. I wish you comfort and peace in your grief.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    That's rough, hang in there ND.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I'm sorry; the grieving process is tough. But I'm glad that you have good memories to fall back on, and can remember the good times.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I know you don't do them but *hugs*
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    The sweet and good and what I refer to the funny memories we have of those who have passed away. Are so often what can make life tolerable for us. Sometimes sharing good memories with others that knew that person, can make you feel renewed. I am sorry for your loss of someone that meant so much to you.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Hope that you've gotten through this week ok. Enjoy the memories of good times together 😁