Help, I'm headed to Disney World...

So I've been making great progress and had scheduled this trip to Disney World 6 months ago.

Send positive motivation as I try to eat healthy and exercise daily for the next 5 days.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    A lot of the eateries in the Magic Kingdom have healthy/healthier eating options. There was a butternut squash soup I had from one of them that I still dream of to this day.

Also, OMG, BRING COMFY WALKING SHOES. Perhaps two different pairs. Don't say I didn't warn you, sir.

Most of all, have fun! Sending you all the good vibes!
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    We did WDW and Universal last year for over a week. My goal wasn’t to lose weight. It was to not gain. I took snacks with me every day. You can bring them in. My husband and I shared a lot of meals (which saves calories AND money). I logged my calories and just tried not to go overboard. I actually lost 0.3 pounds on the trip. You can do it without going crazy.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    They have good food and you'll be walking and standing A LOT.
  • jimmyhstewart
    jimmyhstewart Posts: 19 Member
    Day one at Disney World was good. We had extra hours at Epcot and enjoyed Soar and Test Track. Kept my diet mostly in check choosing to drink my calories in the evening. Yes, lots of walking, hand washing and sanitizer, and was happy my daughter didn't want to go back after lunch imat the hotel. Today, breakfast with the princesses at Magic Kingdom and thrill rides are on the agenda.

ksmuca7kiv7a.jpg

6npl364fypnc.jpg
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    You will walk miles and miles. It's huge. Walk several times around the park and you'll be fine. Stay mindful that rich food and spinning rides and rollercoasters don't mix well! You could also set yourself a financial budget every day. Food there is expensive, so if you decide to buy some clothing or other memorabilia then your food budget is smaller.
  • jimmyhstewart
    Day 2 of my Disney World adventure and while I stayed under my calories for the day, I would say I did not eat well. Had breakfast with the Princesses and that was fun but my daughter loved Space Mountain the most. We may stay at the hotel and relax tomorrow and do Disney Springs. I need to soak my feet.

7drvyb3k0sq8.jpg

r8mkgpu03olt.jpg
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    I liked The Japanese restaurant if that's viable for you. You know, the chef throws knives and is sort of fun, not like the princess but still a show.
  • MaltedTea
    So what's the overall verdict on Disney @jimmyhstewart? Did you wear out your shoes? lol
  • jimmyhstewart
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    So what's the overall verdict on Disney @jimmyhstewart? Did you wear out your shoes? lol

Yes, both pair. It was magical but I did add 2 lbs overall, which I'm ok with. It was mentally healthy for me to tune out, enjoy and recharge. It was a great hotel and I'm looking forward to getting back to visit more parks. This round we just did Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom. The later was fabulous, the Avatar ride was amazing. Two thumbs up.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Thank goodness you went when you did. It's only a matter of time until it closes.

It's such a magical place with little ones. We always loved animal kingdom. nice pics btw
  • MaltedTea
    ... I'm looking forward to getting back to visit more parks.

No such thing as a "bad" Disney park. Their hotels/resorts can be a toss-up but the overall experience always makes for a good time. And, yes, as @AliNouveau mentioned your timing was impeccable.

• thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    They closed all parks. My brother went to Disney with his class Monday and flies back tomarrow.