Intermittent Fasting Accountability

I recently read a few books on IF and I really am intrigued at the idea of making this a lifestyle choice. My immediate goal is to lose weight, but I certainly want to be healthy as well!

I can make random friend requests on here, but I really am looking to add a few people who want to do IF. Everyone has different goals and starting points. I haven't started yet and I'd love to lose 100 pounds. Having people to connect with and do the same journey with is really what I'm looking for.

If you want to connect and keep up regularly with support and accountability with IF then please add me!

Replies

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    I am trying IF and so far, I think it is great for me. I fast from 6 pm thru 10 am. Solves late night boredom so snack habit I used. And I don't get out of bed and instantly start thinking food.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Before running this Marathon, I used intermittent fasting because it usually helped my runs. It also helped me maintain my weight, which would be number one for me to use this method. These past two weeks, up until Wednesday, I've been overeating. It's ridiculous. I'm finally getting that under control, thank goodness. I do use an app that gives me times. Today, I'm doing 18:6. I don't stick to the same times every day but I try to IF most days. I'm only now getting back to it like I want to be. I want to eat a big dinner tonight so this is how intermittent fasting helps me stay within my goal calorie range. I hope everyone has a great day!
  • JessalynLord
    JessalynLord Posts: 3 Member
    I’ve been trying to ease into IF recently. My plan was to do a few days per week skipping one mea and then slowly work up to a full 24 hour fast once per week. I know I can do that, but I haven’t figured out balancing my calories on the other days to get the scale to show.
  • FrecklePatch
    FrecklePatch Posts: 71 Member
    Hi there I'd love some IF friends!
  • mitch239
    mitch239 Posts: 77 Member
    Hey there. I have recently started intermittent fasting. I have chosen 10-6 as my eating window and fasting the other 16 hours. Up to now it's not as difficult as I originally thought it would be. And I've already started seeing small changes (probably just water weight) but I'd love to have some people that I can chat to about this as many of my friends on here are just dieting and not time restrictive.
    Feel free to send me a friend request
  • kathrynegrady
    kathrynegrady Posts: 23 Member
    Hi all... I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for 2 full weeks today (I do alternate day fasting, which means I fast for a full 36 hours every other day). Today is also the first day that I have shortened the eating window on my feast day (started eating at noon and will finish by 7pm) because I realized that I was eating into the evening on feast days, and digestion usually slows down around 8pm, so I was just sitting on a lot of extra calories that interfered with weight loss, although high blood pressure is my main, immediate concern. Please feel free to add me if you’d like. So glad to see so many people reaping the benefits of this way of eating!
  • kathrynegrady
    kathrynegrady Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2020
    PS... thanks for starting this group @DrewI0221 !!

I agree with @LoriAnna62 ... you should definitely keep the group
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hi all... I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for 2 full weeks today (I do alternate day fasting, which means I fast for a full 36 hours every other day). Today is also the first day that I have shortened the eating window on my feast day (started eating at noon and will finish by 7pm) because I realized that I was eating into the evening on feast days, and digestion usually slows down around 8pm, so I was just sitting on a lot of extra calories that interfered with weight loss, although high blood pressure is my main, immediate concern. Please feel free to add me if you’d like. So glad to see so many people reaping the benefits of this way of eating!

I'd like to work my way up to 36 hour fasts at least once every other week...
    The longest one I've ever done is 41 hours. I don't have high blood pressure that I know of. I just use it as a way to control calorie intake plus I appreciate food more after coming off of a fast.
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    I did IF last late summer/early fall and lost some weight. But then the holidays hit and I completely stopped and gained it all back plus more. I started again Feb 29th and have lost a few pounds. My weight loss is slow. I try to do 17:7 or 18:6. Today I almost made it to 20 hours but I was out with my family for lunch and my food came. I’d love to do a 24 hour fast once per week. Or go back to 5:2 but that was harder.
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    I've been IF for about 5 years now. Add me!
  • felishavazquez9
    felishavazquez9 Posts: 3 Member
    I'd love some IF friends and support.
  • Missmass4
    Missmass4 Posts: 56 Member
    I’ve done IF on and off as far back as I can remember. Currently do an 18:6 and it helps tremendously with hunger and cravings. As long as I stick to eating between 11:30-5:30 every day, staying within my calorie goals is easy peasy. Happy to offer any support I can 😊
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    i’ve been practising 16:8 IF since December and i’m seeing progress. add me! 😊
  • JCH187
    JCH187 Posts: 39 Member
    I’m just starting this, I’ve been easing my way into it over the last couple of weeks and today will be my first 16:8 and I’m aiming for 10-6pm. I’m going to add some of you that said add me hope that’s ok!