How do i get to around 500 kcals a day and be ok?

i am obese. i am 5”3 and weigh over 200 lbs. i am currently eating around 900kcals a day. i am on my 6th day. i want to lose weight. i want to be at around 500kcals consumed a day, what are the best foods for feeling full? i have issues with constantly being hungry and craving pizza or chocolate

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Considering the OP's name, do you all think this post simply meant to generate some hot talk?
  • thetabootalk
    thetabootalk Posts: 3 Member
    sorry i made that my username for my email years ago. it isn’t anything to do with this. i am obese and want to lose weight fast and don’t care if it’s healthy or not i just want to be skinny
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited March 2020
    Talk to your doctor. The doctor can refer you to a professional and/or program that can help you get the weight off and keep it off.
  • thetabootalk
    thetabootalk Posts: 3 Member
    thank you all very much for caring about me so much to post
    i honestly am failing to understand how i will develop hair loss/systems shutting down when i have so much weight to lose. surely the body will burn through that first? there is plenty there to burn
    i will eat a bit more today but my brain is screaming at me. it’s like one of you said earlier, if it’s not fast then i csnt see the point. every time i have tried to lose weight healthily it goes bad in my brain, it turns into if you eat more than 1000 you’re going to get fatter, if you don’t stop eating you’ll get fatter. i can’t see any progress in my body so it works in my brain to back it up if that makes sense
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    thank you all very much for caring about me so much to post
    i honestly am failing to understand how i will develop hair loss/systems shutting down when i have so much weight to lose. surely the body will burn through that first? there is plenty there to burn
    i will eat a bit more today but my brain is screaming at me. it’s like one of you said earlier, if it’s not fast then i csnt see the point. every time i have tried to lose weight healthily it goes bad in my brain, it turns into if you eat more than 1000 you’re going to get fatter, if you don’t stop eating you’ll get fatter. i can’t see any progress in my body so it works in my brain to back it up if that makes sense

At over 200 pounds you're not going to gain weight eating more than 1000 calories. You burn more than that just living (at your stats just living, breathing, etc, without moving you will be burning around 1500 calories).

You then have the calories you burn from Non Exercise Activity, which even at sedentary is around another 400 calories per day.

Then anything burned from exercise.

To burn 1lb of fat per week on average requires a deficit of just 500 calories, so that would be for you an intake of approximately 1400 calories minimum + anything burned through exercise to lose approximately 50lbs in a year.

Your body can only burn a certain amount of fat before using other things as fuel.

You can still eat chocolate and pizza as part of a balanced diet, just not in the portions and frequency you might be accustomed to.

enw5ir3orghy.jpg

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Trying to eat some unhealthy and unsustainable number of cals leads to falling off the wagon and binging (see your cravings for pizza and chocolate) or just blowing it one day and then giving up for a while only to start over again with even less confidence.

Doing it in a healthy and sustainable way -- i.e., eating an adequate number of cals and not being hungry -- is going to get you to goal faster, in reality.
  • joycelynns1
    joycelynns1 Posts: 11 Member
    Woke up at 5am. Walk/ran 2 miles on treadmill at 14.5 minutes a mile. Goal is to get to a run mile of 13 minutes. Any advise from anyone?
  • joycelynns1
    joycelynns1 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you. Newbie here.
This discussion has been closed.