Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were Beginner Gentle and Sculpted-Movement Fusion. The Sculpting class focused on legs and abs. Great ab routine!
    We were told at the yoga studio today that the sculpting class would be replaced by a HIIT class. I think it will still be sculpting with a little gentle HIIT so it will still be a good class. They're talking about switching the schedules around which could be a problem for a lot of people.

We didn't get any rain during the day but we had some rain tonight, and we'll be getting more rain tomorrow.

Thankfully I don't have a cold or allergies. The weird thing is that I sneezed at around the same time I did last night!

Laurie, good call to stay in bed and rest this morning. I hope you're feeling better.
    I was going to suggest Etsy last night but didn't because I wasn't sure how you'd take the suggestion. There are a lot of artist/crafty people in these mountains and a lot of them have Etsy stores. There are a lot of craft fairs all the time so the crafters spend a lot of time making new things. Every Saturday there are farmers' markets in the summer and the crafters are always there. There are a lot of possibilities and I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend doing crafts.

Laurel, awesome job with those workouts! I'm so glad your arm is still doing great!
    The new medicine is thankfully really working. I was told that tornadoes didn't come this way but clearly, they do. Obviously, we're not in tornado alley but the possibility is there. I do worry about tornadoes given that our house is mostly windows!

Goodnight ladies,
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work or this morning, still not feeling like I want to put my body through any of it. Of course it would help if I was able to not need a tissue every two minutes. Oh well, the workouts will be there when I feel better.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and I'm glad to hear that you are still enjoying the workouts even at a lower weight. To bad that you need to take more medication, but totally understand not wanting to suffer with those allergies. The headaches are what I don't enjoy at all. How nice that the buds are coming out on the trees though.

Thelma, Great job on all your workout, and your class. We are suppose to get a rain/snow mix this morning, and then it will warm up. I think that my dd's want my mother and me to have share the Etsy site, because she is like me. I could craft all day long, and of course I have done that just recently with that dress. I will have to seriously look into it soon.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! For the first time in a few weeks I was able to workout with Cathe Live this morning, so they seem to have fixed those bugs as well. The workout was Cardio Kickboxing, Low Impact HiiT and Core. It was really good....the kind of Live workout I enjoy with cardio variety and not too long. I followed it with Cathe Live Breathless Legs and, honestly, really had to push myself through that one. It is tough and even though the first workout was more moderate, I think between the rainy weather, my persistent sinus issues and doing cardio first, I was wanting it to be over with more than I normally would. B) But I got through it. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I hope they keep your workout class a reasonable intensity and not just straight HiiT. Anymore, I like workouts like I did this morning that have a section of HiiT but isn’t all just HiiT. Boy, you are lucky not to have allergies! I never had them either until we moved here. :o I have no idea what it is that gets to me, but I am not alone. Our Senator mentioned it the other day with allergies starting and his being concerned people won’t know the difference between the allergies and coronavirus! :o:o I worry about tornadoes in our house as well because of all the tall trees in the yard and, like you, tons of glass windows. But as far as I know, there never has been a tornado on this little mountain so fingers and toes crossed I didn’t just jinx that! :D

Laurie, sorry to hear you continue to not feel well, but I am glad to hear you are taking a break and resting your body. I love the Etsy idea! I remember when I stopped working, everybody thought I would be bored. But I never have been, that’s for sure. I manage to keep myself busy and enjoy my days just fine. Like Thelma is doing now, sounds like you will be able to do that too. My biggest concern about when DH retires is that he will want me to entertain him because he doesn’t handle not working well. It will be an adjustment, no doubt, for both of us. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ So Tuesday workout was Fit|Split PULL but no Peloton ride. I did get in a nice 45-min Tabata ride last night though, so that was great! DH made it home late last night. He met Pete Rose in Vegas and had a ball signed, got to visit with him and then he signed a jersey for DH to auction at his fundraiser this year. This was definitely all the highlight of his trip.

So ladies . . . I need your good vibes and support .... going home early today to start prepping for my colonoscopy in the a.m. YIKES! Just because I turned the big 50 my doctor said it is good to do and have in the file. I am so paranoid about anything after my mom that I listen and do what they say. At any rate, drink up half of my giant gallon starting at 4 pm the rest at 4 a.m. and my appt is tomorrow a.m. at 9:00. So far I am starving and freezing from drinking so much water. Hope to treat myself to some broth when I get home. Have you all had one of these lovely experiences? :s:s:(:s

I will definitely check in with you guys tomorrow afternoon because I will home to recover. B) Not my favorite way to get a day off.

Great workouts ladies! Talk to you all tomorrow . . . Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! today's workouts were Yin and Barre. I was scheduled to do a
    Cathe leg workout but my legs were spent after the Barre workout today and the sculpting leg workout yesterday.

We had another rainy day but we will have a rain-free weekend! Yaaay!
    No plans for the weekend except to go out to dinner with our friends as we do every Friday night.

I was wondering if you're stocking up on supplies due to the virus. A friend from NH told me there was a shortage of toilet paper and today someone posted a picture of a Costo sign that said they were out of TP! You can't find hand sanitizers either. I am needless to say, worried about the virus due to my compromised immune system.

Laurie, sorry you're not feeling well. You need to rest so don't worry about the workouts.
    I'm so glad your temps are finally going to warm up! What a wonderful idea for you and your mom to share the Etsy site! I can't wait to hear what you find out about Etsy when you get to it!

Laurel, great workouts! I didn't realize you were having issues again with the Cathe Live site! I'm glad it's working again. I hope you're going to have a rain-free weekend too!

I think the HIIT class will be a sculpting/HIIT class. I don't have allergies because I take Allegra every day as well as Flonase nasal spray.
    Allergies are bad in the south for sure! I never had allergies until I moved to the US! The allergies told me that allergies get worse as we age! YIKES! I hope tornadoes will stay away from our homes!

Tami, awesome workouts! I'm glad your DH is back home and that he got that jersey signed bu Pete Rose for the fundraiser!

Good luck with the colonoscopy! I wish you would've mentioned it sooner and I hope you got flushable baby wipes!
    I've had colonoscopies, the prep work is not fun at all. After the colonoscopy, you will be hungry. Eat something lite. One year all I could think of was Chinese food and had that after the procedure. Big mistake! It was too heavy for an empty stomach!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies and don't forget to set your clocks forward this weekend!

Laurel, I read a meme that said: On Saturday we set the clocks ahead and we lose an hour of rain! LOL

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live Arms and Abs On The Ball. I stayed with Cathe’s weight throughout and it felt good! For cardio, I did a tough 45 minute climb ride with Peloton.

Tami, great workouts! I would be excited to meet Pete Rose. Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I hope they put him in the Hall of Fame someday. B) I am glad your husband got a chance to talk with him a bit. Oh fun....the colonoscopy. Yep, I have had one. Honestly, it wasn’t as bad as I expected but don’t ever care to do it again. :# The prep part was no fun, but I was fine right after. I ate scrambled eggs and toast when I got home and had no tummy issues. Hopefully it goes well for you.

Thelma, great workout. Glad you listened to your legs. :) We have bright sunshine today! Makes all the difference in the world for me. I love that meme about the time change, though. :D So true! The only thing DH and I have done with regard to the virus to put a little more food into the freezer. I keep decent supplies of most things like toilet paper or paper towel and such in the house pretty regularly, so I am not stocking up beyond normal. I understand your concerns about it. I am a germaphobe and trying to not let myself get too carried away with concern at the moment. DH and I are headed to Florida next week and I have to keep fighting the ‘there will be germs everywhere!!’ paranoia I actually have every time we travel. B):#:);):p That being said (and I hate to say this), I do think things are going to get worse before they get better. But I think with just some basic precautions (as have been recommended on the news) this virus is somewhat easy to prevent on an individual basis. I hope.

Laurie, hope you are doing okay.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Everything went great today! Nothing found and don’t have to repeat for 10 years!! WOOHOO for that.
    Decided to just take it easy today and no workout, I may get in a nice walk here shortly.

Thanks for the encouragement from you both, i needed it. :) Great workouts!!!

Laurel: I agree with you 100% about Pete Rose and so does DH. He talked to him about that when he met him and about the whole Astros situation compared to Pete’s alleged situation. At any rate, super fun for him and he is still staring at the special ball.

Have a great weekend ladies! Talk to you on Monday.

Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies, it's finally the weekend!!!

I've been staying with KCM every other day, and really enjoying it. Helps knowing I have the non-workout days to relax, clean, or work late and no stress related to having to fit in a workout. No layoffs yet at work, but lots of budget cuts. I think it will all work out ok in the end, and I'm hopeful that work slows down a bit now that we are nearing warmer weather. Here in MN, most of my clients/brokers start shortening their time in the office once the weather gets nice, which means less emails/calls for me!

On the sports front, my son's team made it to state! I still can't believe it (nor can most of the parents/players) as it's the first time in history this age group/team has made it to state. We have our first game Friday, and then will have games Saturday and possibly Sunday. We have some very tough competition (all teams in the state tourney are teams we've played already) so I don't expect we will win it, but still a very cool experience for the boys. They even do a fancy banquet to honor all of the teams that made it, the night prior to the first game.

Laurie, I really love hearing about your crafting! I am a huge crafter, and love to make things to donate or for others just because. It can be overwhelming when I get really into it, as I feel like my house turns into a bunch of yarn and fabric. I still haven't taken up quilting, but I think for me it just needs to wait until I really have the time to focus on it, which will likely be when the kids are off to college. I hope your cold moves along soon and you are able to get out and enjoy the wonderful weather we are going to get this weekend. I'm so excited to see the snow almost gone! Thanks again for your frequent KCM workout posts. I really had lost sight of her workouts, and hearing you mention them on a regular basis brought me back, and I feel so great!!

Tami, I'm glad you made it through the busy time at work. I know all too well what that is like and have a love/hate relationship with it. Those days are often the days I need a workout, but just physically and mentally can't. I think if I can focus on 1/2 those days getting in a quick workout, it will help relieve some work stress for sure. I'm so happy that there were no findings with the procedure, I was waiting to scroll down and see an update! It's never a fun procedure, and the uncertainty on top of it is terrible. Even better that you don't have to do that again for 10 years! Wahooo!!!

Thelma, so many fun workouts you have gotten in...wow! It sounds like you are feeling great and really able to focus on some challenging workouts that your body wasn't allowing you to for some time. Pair feeling good, with the hubby home and the weather getting nicer, is just so awesome! We don't have a lot of panic here in MN yet about coronavirus, other than insurance companies (like mine) are getting nervous about what impact this will have on us financially. Many companies here have put travel restrictions both internationally and domestically, to avoid potential spread. Everything I can do I can do from my computer, including meetings, so I'm happy we are kind of being told to hunker down and wait until this all passes. I checked at Target the other day, and so far the only things we are running low on are Lysol and hand sanitizer. Toilet paper seems to be fully stocked!

Laurel, wahoo on the Cathe Live workouts, so much fun! I'm sorry your sinuses are getting to you...I know this is often the time of year when that all starts up with spring and allergy season. I have 3 in our house that suffer from sinus issues/allergies when spring rolls around. I feel like each year I get a little more sensitive to spring, but nothing requiring meds or really causing more than a lot of sneezing. Hopefully spring kicks in fast and we can move into enjoying summer and are done with the pesky allergens! I keep picturing you and your hubby out on the golf course every time I hear of warmer weather here, as I'm sure your weather is even nicer there!

Off to relax today with nothing on the schedule! My hubby and boys are going to go watch the state high school hockey (different level than my son is on) championship games today, as my hubby's high school (and where 7 of my nieces and nephews go) made it to the championship for the first time ever. Should be a fun game for them, and nice relaxing day for me on the couch (or maybe out in the sun, since we are going to hit nearly 60 here today after being in the 30's all week). Enjoy your weekend!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies! I hope you had a great weekend! We had a very nice and interesting weekend.
    All of last week my HRM was acting up but I wasn't sure if it was the device or my heart. My heart rate was very high at rest. So I was very distracted by that all week. On Friday I had this pressure in my chest on my left breast. I really thought I was having a heart attack. I chose not to workout on Friday. We went out with our friends on Friday night and they convinced me to go have it checked out. I had DH take me to the ER because seemed to get worse. My heart is fine. I think I have a mega GERD episode because I stopped doing the intermittent diet.
    On Saturday I decided to take my heart for a stress test by walking up/down the hills around our property. I did great. There was one big hill that left me a little winded but that was a normal winded. I recovered within a couple of minutes and my heart felt fine.
    I worked out today and I am fine. I did Meso 2 Disc #13 Chest, shoulders & triceps. My HRM seems to be back to normal.
    I will make an appointment with a cardiologist but I am convinced this is a GERD issue.

On Friday we also got a special visitor. We had a beautiful Great Pyrenees take over our driveway. She wouldn't leave. She discovered that we get wild turkeys and kept chasing them. she was so beautiful and friendly! she wanted us to let her in but I would never do that because of our cats. I posted the dog's picture on Facebook and she was quickly identified by neighbors. Her owner didn't pick her up until 2pm and the dog got here at about 8:30AM. She didn't want to leave our property! It took the owner a few tries to get her in her vehicle! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad that arm of yours is handling the workouts very well!
    We had a beautiful weekend. Today was gorgeous. I was able to spend some time out on the deck and it felt great.
    We always keep paper supplies here too but decided to get extra stuff. I will buy food for two weeks at-a-time just in case.
    I am a total germaphobe. We wash our hands a lot and use hand sanitizer when out of the house if a bathroom isn't available.
    Just keep washing your hands every time you touch a surface when you're outside of your house. Door handles/knobs are bad.
    Things are definitely getting worse. Of course, now that there are tests available more people will be tested and the numbers will go up.

Tami, I'm so glad everything went well with your test!! Congrats!!

Erika, good job keeping up with the KCM workouts! I'm glad the new workout routine is helping you a lot. Thank God there haven't been any layoffs at your job. I hope the budget cuts help the company prevent layoffs. How nice that the warmer weather makes your clients shorten their days and that you get a break on emails in the process!

OMG! How exciting about your son's team! Congratulations and I hope they do well!

I am really feeling great, except for the scare last week but I'm OK. Life is good for sure! The warm weather is feeling so good around here. I can't want to be able to spend time out on the deck in the late afternoons. It's always so beautiful to watch the sunsets.
    I'm so glad you're being allowed to work from home! We can't find hand sanitizer around here but I had a giant bottle so we have some. I also found out how to make your own and I bought the ingredients just in case this goes on for a while.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited March 2020
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry that I was gone on Friday. I had a doctors apt. early in the morning. This weekend we went to Wisconsin Dells for our annual car club event. Had a really nice time with the group, but was glad to head for home. So I didn't workout at all, still was dealing with this head cold. This morning I feel so much better, and I popped in Jillian's Shred-It with Weights Workout 1. I had a really hard time this morning with what workout I wanted to do, and for some reason this one was my pick. I'm a little lost on the rotation I had planned, since this cold started. :p

Laurel, Great job on all your workouts. Sorry to hear that the allergies are effecting how you feel during the workouts. I'm really glad that I didn't workout during this cold, it just would have been a disaster for sure. Thanks for the encouragement on the Esty idea. I thought at first that my dd's where crazy, but I have been looking into it a little bit. It looks like a doable thing, just need to make sure that I will like fulfilling orders with a deadline. ;) I'm pretty sure that DH will be okay with retirement, he has his cars and all the work he does with our car clubs. Of course he will be home for a couple of years before I am, so I'm sure that I will upset the routine that he has set.

Tami, Nice job on all your workouts too. I'm sure it is nice to get back into the flow. How cool to meet Pete Rose. The things that happened after his incident, make his betting nothing. I still remember the Sosa/McGwire thing, and they never got kicked out of baseball for that. I will stay off my soapbox, because we have one on the Brewers team with a drug scandal also. ;) Glad to hear that your appointment went so well. The only bad part of having a colonoscopy is the prep. ;)

Thelma, Great job on your workout on Thursday, but I'm so sorry to hear that you had to deal with that scare. I recently had to deal with the heart also. I have a murmur, but with this new doctor, he wanted to make sure that everything was okay. I had to have an EKG, and there was a little blip in it. I'm fine, but they had to do a super check after that. I'm sure that you are right on the GERD issue, but it doesn't hurt to get it check out. Funny on the dog not wanting to leave your property. Those are really pretty, but big dogs. The sanitizer I can understand, but why the toilet paper? I guess I have not been paying attention to all this flu talk. I still have to do more investigation of the Etsy, and probably talk to a few people that have sites.

Erika, Contrats to your DS on going to state! What fun, and for sure they need to enjoy the experience. Both of my dd's have gone to state in cross country and track. In fact my oldest has a first place metal in track. It is a very fun experience for both parents and child. I'm glad to hear that your KCM workouts are working so well for you. I know that I have a very hard time trying different workouts, I enjoy doing Kelly's workouts so much. Nice that the every other day is working out so well for you. Once the girls where both out of the house, my crafting started up again. I'm sure that will happen for you also. It is such a great way for me to wind down at the end of the day. Right now I'm working on an afghan for some friends that we stayed with while we where in New Mexico. I have been wondering what to give them for a few years. Of course I had to look at all my magazines, and books when I was organizing my space. I found the perfect pattern, and of course had to get the yarn and get started on it. My dd came home last night and claimed it beautiful.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a beautiful weekend here so we decided to tackle another home improvement project. The deck the builder put on the house was made of untreated wood, and we have been wanting to fix that since before we bought the house. We aren’t up to replacing the deck (yet), so we spent the weekend sanding and staining it, and it looks (and feels) so much better. But it was more back breaking work that has me feeling a little tired today. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I warmed up with a Jessica Smith walk then did 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was STS Disk 19/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by a 30 minute HiiT and Hills spin with Peloton. And today was STS Disk 20/Legs followed by Cathe Live Cardio Core Challenge. Things are up in the air on our trip to Florida this week. We are supposed to leave Wednesday but DH has some issues at work that may impact the scheduling of his upcoming trips to Alaska, so we may be forced to postpone. :'( I will find out tonight. But this is all out of DHs hands, so.....that’s just life for you. Sadly, we are well practiced in cancelling vacations. B)

Tami, I am so glad the procedure went well and you got the ‘okay!’. Yep, you hit the nail on the head when it comes to why it seems outrageous Pete Rose is not in the HoF......and Laurie pointed out another that has always bothered me. I hate to say this, but I really don’t quite understand what message MLB is trying to send anymore.

Erika, congratulations to your DS and his team! Sounds like an exciting time for him! Fingers crossed they do well. Great job keeping up with the workouts. My allergies have definitely gotten worse as I have gotten older. But driving around this weekend, we saw more and more trees with buds and many with flowers.....so spring is definitely arriving here. That makes the tickle in my nose SO worth it! We are supposed to be in the 70s by the end of the week and if we have to cancel our trip, I can guarantee you that DH and I will try to enjoy at least one day on the golf course. As he put it to me last night (when we were both complaining about our aches from the deck work) golf is our physical therapy. :D

Thelma, I am glad you went and got your heart checked, and am glad to hear it appears to have been nothing heart-related. Sounds like you enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend! That’s funny about the dog, though. But it sounds like he had quite the pleasant personality. We went shopping this weekend and, after your post last week, I paid attention to whether people were doing anything in response to the coronavirus. The only place I saw it was in Sam’s Club and, yep, people were buying toilet paper like crazy! :o I am not quite sure I understand that. I bought two containers of Lysol Wipes and a half case of wine. :D:p I feel pretty prepared for anything now. :D:D I really shouldn’t make light of this, though, because it does look like it will get worse before better.

Laurie, glad to hear you are feeling better and were able to get down to the Dells. Every time you mention the Dells I am right back to our trip up to Alaska from Florida and remember being so taken by that part of Wisconsin because it reminded me so much of where we lived in England. I don’t know if you saw any resemblance when you were in England, but we lived in East Anglia which is pretty different from where I think you were. But I wish we could have stopped in the Dells and seen more. So beautiful. Great workout this morning!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited March 2020
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was STS Meso2 Disk 14 - Legs.
    I'm still feeling good. I was able to get an appointment for Wednesday with one of the family nurse practitioners in town. She has a great reputation so I'm glad I'm going to see her. I called the cardiologist's office but got the automated system. No one returned my call. At least the nurse will be able to get the ball rolling.

We had a cloudy day today and I think we're expecting more rain tomorrow! We can vote early in GA so DH and I voted today.

Laurie, I'm glad you're feeling better and that you had a fun time this weekend.
    When you're sick don't worry about the rotation. You can always pick up where you left off when you feel better.

The chest pain was a big scare but I'm glad all the tests were good. I'm glad your heart is good too! I definitely want a cardiologist to give my heart a good checkup.
    The dog was a sweetie. We had to hide because every time she saw us she'd come running to the floor to ceiling window by our front door and smile at us! LOL, She was all over our deck a few times. I missed my yoga class because she was sleeping in the carport right next to my car and I didn't want her all over me. I also had to stick around to answer any FB posts regarding her owners.
    The only thing I can think of for the shortage of toilet paper is that the people who normally don't stock up on TP are doing it now. I always have plenty of TP at home.
    Great idea to ask other Etsy people about their experience. It is a big commitment because you have to deliver the crafts on time.

Laurel, I'm glad you got to enjoy the beautiful weekend we had even if you had to do back-breaking work. It's no wonder you're feeling tired! Good job tackling another home improvement project!

Great workouts!! I'm sorry you may have to cancel your trip to FL due to your DH's job. Hopefully, he'll be able to resolve the issues on time for you to still take your trip. I hope he won't be in Alaska for a long time when that trip happens!
    We really had a nice weekend. We took it easy on Saturday because we were tired after going to the ER the night before, but went out to a nice restaurant for dinner.
    I don't think most people are doing the right thing to protect themselves from the coronavirus. I always disinfect my shopping cart. I've done this for years. Funny about the toilet paper. Like I told Laurie, the only thing I can think of is that the people who don't stock up on TP are doing it now.

I saw this meme on FB which is perfect for our TP conversation. LOL

0uci7frbnbrq.png

You have the right idea with the case of wine! LOL. Our friends have some kind of hurricane shelter in their basement and they have lots of wine in there! LOL. Speaking of wine, DH and I went to our friend's house and he offered us a really good peach sparkling wine. It was my kind of wine. It tasted like juice to me. It went down to easy! LOL

Goodnight!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was another Jillian workout with 6 Week Six Pack Level 1. I have not tried this workout in a while, and I really enjoyed it. I think that I will be visiting with Jillian for the rest of this week.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts! I'm so sorry to hear that your FL trip might be cancelled. Will hope for the best for both of you. Oh my on the deck, I'm sure that the both of you where sore getting that work done. When DH build our deck we used the composite decking, because we are both so lazy that having to treat a deck every year wasn't something we wanted to do. :D I remember you mentioning that area when you traveled through our state. It is very pretty around there with all the rock formations. We where not in that area of England when we where there. I felt that the area we where in was a lot like being in northern Wisconsin with all the trees and small villages.

Thelma, Good job working those legs! Glad to hear that you are getting the ball rolling on the heart issue. I'm so surprised that the dog hung around your house, almost like it felt right at home. ;) I was at the store yesterday, and someone had some TP in his cart. It then brought our conversation to mind. He did have two large packages of paper towels though. :D I think that is why I noticed him. Love that meme.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin with Peloton and a 45 minute yoga class with Peloton. Both were focused on Women’s History Month so the music was inspiring and fun. Good stuff!

Thelma, I am glad to hear you continue to feel well. Great workout! Unfortunately we have had to cancel (actually postpone until autumn) our trip. DH is finishing the project he got hired to do when we came here to Huntsville, with the finishing tasks being to integrate this system he built up in Alaska for the military exercises held there. But he has had a few hiccups the last few weeks and needs to work on some travel issues with his staff members who are going up next week....a little earlier than expected. Unfortunately he is going to be gone the bulk of four months from mid-April thru early September. But it is an exciting time for him to have built something from nothing and being able to work through the process of seeing it put into action, so.....all is good. Love the toilet paper meme! You have an aunt in Italy, right? I hope she is doing okay with the restrictions put in place yesterday. Makes me sad to think of vibrant, beautiful Italy brought to a halt, even temporarily.

Laurie, great workout! As I said to Thelma, we postponed our trip to Florida until September. But that is a good time to go to Florida, and DH will be done with his project by then so it isn’t too bad to have to have done it. Someday we hope to replace the deck completely with composite decking. These houses in this neighborhood are so weird in the fact the builder really spared no expense for the building materials inside because the houses are beautifully finished. And then they slap on an untreated, unfinished deck to the back. :o Alabama is a place where having a nice porch or patio or deck is kind of expected, but I am coming to accept that I will never figure out some of the quirks here. :#:) Our deck is just a minor thing in the grand scheme of things for sure!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was Meso2 STS Disc 15-Back and Biceps. Great workout!
    We had a pretty rainy day today. There will be some sun in the afternoon and temps will be in the low 60's.

I read an article about a guy who has the coronavirus and he was saying that he was getting worse instead of better. The interesting part is that he said he had diarrhea; which is not a symptom the CDC or anyone else has mentioned. I don't think this guy has the coronavirus.

Laurie, great workouts! You do love those Jillian workouts!
    This dog apparently is very friendly but clearly, she loved it here. There's a small hill along our driveway and she liked getting up there because it gave her a good view of the turkeys. Every time she saw the turkeys she'd ran down the hill. I went food shopping and decided to check out the Lysol section and most of the Lysol products were gone. There were no wipes and only surface cleaners were left. There is no shortage of TP here.

Laurel, awesome workout combo! I bet the music was great!
    I'm really sorry you had to postpone your FL trip. Maybe it is for the best given this pandemic.
    It does sound like this is an exciting time for your DH at work given that he is about to complete the project he has been working so hard for! Too bad he'd be gone for so long though.
    I do have an aunt in Italy. The last time I spoke with her was last week. She called me on Sunday but I wasn't home and didn't hear my phone ring. I've sent her texts but I've not heard back from her. I hope she and her family are doing OK. I think my other aunt would've told me by now if something were wrong with her sister.
    Life in Italy is awful right now but hopefully going this route will be the answer they need to contain this virus.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did Jillian's Shred It with Weights Level 1 again. I was surprised that I was sore after the last time, so I thought why not do it again. It is actually a fairly good kettlebell workout.

Laurel, Sounds like a really good workout, and of course some good music to go along with it. You are right that time of the year is probably better, but don't they tend to have the threat of hurricanes at that time? That is very strange that the decks are like an after thought for the builders. One would think that would be something they would think to make better since the opportunity to use it is higher than we have around here. :D We have had contractors around our house for the last few weeks, we need to get a new roof on our house. Now DH and I need to go to the bank to pay for the roof and some other improvements that we want to do. At least the interest rates are good right now.

Thelma, Great job on your workout. Interesting information on the virus, that is something that I had not heard of either. I do love the Jillian workouts. I don't know what it is about them, but I always feel them even though I don't feel like I worked as hard as some other workouts I have done. I love that the dog was using your hill to observe the turkeys. I almost laughed out loud here at work. I just had to buy Lysol for work, we have one guy here who is a germophobe. I just ordered it, because we probably could use it in our office. It can get like grand central station in here from time to time.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 21/Back and Biceps followed by the core work from Muscle Max. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Cardio Fusion, which is always a fun one.

Thelma, great workout! I absolutely love being able to do these STS workouts again! They feel so good. I will keep you aunt in my prayers and hope she is okay. One of the first regions shut down in Italy (Venice) is near where we lived, and it just makes me sad. But as much as I hate to say it, I think parts of our country are headed for something like that somewhat soon. I saw that article as well, and that is the only time I have seen intestinal issues involved in coronavirus. One article I read mentioned how this virus likes to attack when there is another illness present, and so his stomach issues may be real but unrelated to corona and related to another virus he has. But I am no doctor so I am just guessing here! I am trying to keep informed and prepared for what may happen without overreacting. But ever since we got evacuated by the fire in Colorado Springs with no notice, I try to err on the side of caution a little bit more than I once did because I was in no way ready for that.....despite knowing the fire was there for days. It is truly a fine line between not wanting to be ridiculous and suddenly wishing you had made that trip to the grocery store for some extra items. How quickly they shut down Italy has me willing to be a little ridiculous I suppose. B)

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like Jillian was the right choice for this week. Thank you for the reminder of hurricanes in Florida in September. :o:D Hurricane season is still better than spring break season though. :p I hope you found a good roofer. I think if/when we build another deck, we will try to lump a few backyard projects together because I would love to have somebody come in a do a few landscaping projects that DH and I can’t do after these houses on both sides of us are built. But it will have to wait until after that since our yard is getting pretty chewed up with this construction right now. :|

I will try to check in the next two days but if I don’t, don’t worry. DH is hoping to work only half days the rest of the week since he is supposed to be on leave, so my schedule will be a little off. But I am really hoping he gets to take this time since the next few months are going to be crazy for him.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were Beginner/Gentle yoga and Sculpting Fusion.
    We had a warm day, even if cloudy at times. We had very heavy rain tonight.

My appointment with the nurse practitioner never happened because the person who booked my appointment should've never booked it. I am a new patient and the nurse has to approve any new patients. I have a new patient appointment on 3/24.

Apparently, our local Walmart has run out of TP, bleach and disinfectant wipes! Yikes! I went to CVS and bought plenty of flu/cold, cough meds as well as Tylenol. I told DH I was going to get the meds even if we never use them. I rather have the stuff just in case.

Laurie, great job with your workout!

I haven't done a Jillian workout since she came up with those workouts without warm-up or cool down. As long as you get a good workout out of them keep doing them! I've stuck with the Meso 2 workouts for almost months now and I'm surprised to still get sore every time.
    One of our security cameras caught the dog running down the hill after the turkeys. She looked so majestic running down the hill and across the driveway. I feel bad for that guy who is a germaphobe. I feel his pain and horror! Good idea to order the Lysol though.

Laurel, great workout combo!! I'm so happy you're able to do the STS workouts again!
    Thanks so much for keeping my aunt in your prayers. I was able to speak with her today. She's still working until Monday so they can finish some payroll work, then the office will close for two weeks. She says things are turning pretty ugly there. People have to wait in line at the supermarkets because they only allow one or two people at-a-time inside, depending on the supermarket. I just heard on the news about an elderly lady in quarantine in a small Italian town who keeps screaming for help from her balcony. Her husband is dead. He died Monday morning and the coroner's office hasn't picked up the body! OMG! I want to cry! Italy is going through a very difficult and sad time.
    I'm still surprised that the CDC hasn't mentioned anything about diarrhea. That patient must've had some other disease.
    I am a better safe than sorry kind of person. Being a germaphobe I may be overreacting but I'm cool with that. I feel better now that we have meds but I may go back to the supermarket tomorrow to get more bottled water.
    Universities are going online. Make that extra trip to the supermarket, especially if your DH is not going to be home for a while.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was Jillian's Yoga Inferno Level 1.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts. I'm sure that it is feeling wonderful to be lifting again. Are you still going slightly lighter, or up to full weight? Sorry for the reminder. :D I think that we have a favorite from all of the candidates that have come to check out the house. I just love to hear them say that they are the best at this, and their warranty is the best... Of course Rocket hated them all for disturbing is day. :D I can't imagine what he will have to endure when all the workers are outside.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Glad to hear that your Meso 2 workouts are still giving you those DOMS that we all love.
    :D We actually had a very nice day, and we should be in the 50's today. Of course that is going to change. I will be praying for your Aunt, I'm sure that what they are dealing with over there is not good. So far so good with Jillian, most of the workouts that I have done have warm ups and cool downs. The Lysol I purchased actually got cancelled by the company I ordered it from. I will just have to bring some Lysol liquid cleaner from home. ;) We do have the 409 with the germ killer in it, so he can use that.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts today were Yin and Barre. I was very tired today and didn't do my Cathe workout. I actually took a much-needed nap in the afternoon.

Laurie, that sounds like a great yoga workout! Funny about Rocket not liking any of the roofers! LOL

I am amazed that I'm still getting DOMS from the STS workouts at this point. The good thing that they are different workouts every week. Our temps have been in the high 50's to low 60's during the day but it's been either rainy or cloudy. More rain tomorrow and temps in the low 60's.
    Too bad that Lysol order got canceled. I bet they didn't have any.
    Thank you so much for keeping my aunt in your prayers. I am really worried about the Italians.

Hi Laurel!

Good night ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma