I'm still here how is everyone doing?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    Happy New Year!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    nhawduran wrote: »
    Hi everyone--
    I'm looking to lose 20 pounds, or a little more, and I try not to think about how many times I've tried to do this before. But I'm living alone now, so I can be as careful as I want about food, and in the last year I've gotten a really good exercise habit going. Now it's all about tracking and reducing the food intake. Wish me luck!

Welcome to the group x
  • BBee5064
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I check the forums almost every day, but don't always have anything to say.

It great that you check in :)
  • BBee5064
    kndpeanut wrote: »
    Is this group still active?

yes definitely active. If you would like to post something please feel free
  • BBee5064
    Welcome all new members. Please feel free to post a discussion. We can we quiet at times due to busy lives etc. But we generally have several as UncleMac says that check in every day.
  • DebbieKar1968
    DebbieKar1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Well hello all us amazing over 50ers! Im 52 about 100 lbs to loose and I hope to get and stay motivated. I am in the process of a possible weight loss surgery. Its a last resort, so Id like to give this a real good try!! How to stay motivated? How to make sure I go on this site daily?? Who wants to be my buddy!!!!????
  • BBee5064
    Well hello all us amazing over 50ers! Im 52 about 100 lbs to loose and I hope to get and stay motivated. I am in the process of a possible weight loss surgery. Its a last resort, so Id like to give this a real good try!! How to stay motivated? How to make sure I go on this site daily?? Who wants to be my buddy!!!!????
    Welcome to our lovely group
    Your welcome yo buddy up me
    We do our best to motivate you on your journey
    Feel free to add to discussions :)
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    Hello Fitfam! My name is Ngozi, from South Carolina. Looking forward to meeting hopefully everyone in the group. Happy Tuesday! :)
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    Am 51
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,811 Member
    Hello Fitfam! My name is Ngozi, from South Carolina. Looking forward to meeting hopefully everyone in the group. Happy Tuesday! :)

Welcome and happy Wednesday!!
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    Thank you Mac!
  • UncleMac
    Thank you Mac!

South Carolina sounds better than my current home of Ottawa just now...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3ohzdUi5U8LBb4GD4s%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    I am not quite 50 yet, will be in November. I feel like I am 70 some days which is why I started this journey to health. My first "goal" is to feel better! Really that's what I want. Loosing the weight will just be a big benefit. I started off at 250, highest was 260 and am currently down to 224. My first weight loss goal is 180. I lost a few years ago and got down to 180 and felt extremely well. My ultimate goal is 150, anything lower then that will just be a plus.

• BBee5064
    I am not quite 50 yet, will be in November. I feel like I am 70 some days which is why I started this journey to health. My first "goal" is to feel better! Really that's what I want. Loosing the weight will just be a big benefit. I started off at 250, highest was 260 and am currently down to 224. My first weight loss goal is 180. I lost a few years ago and got down to 180 and felt extremely well. My ultimate goal is 150, anything lower then that will just be a plus.

Sounds like you are super focused. We look forward to watching your progress & encouraging you along the way x
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Thank you Mac!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3ohzdUi5U8LBb4GD4s%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

LOL I definitely do not want that Ottawa weather. Keep that damn snow there :D
  • UncleMac
    Thank you Mac!

The groundhogs promised an early spring...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Foutlierbabe.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F05%2Fcaddyshack-groundhog-dancing.gif&f=1&nofb=1
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Thank you Mac!

The groundhogs promised an early spring...

There are flowers blooming in my yard in Michigan. Ipso facto, it is Spring (even though they were covered with snow as recently as Saturday). Not that that has the slightest thing to do with new members. Welcome, new members! :)

015qpb2698zq.jpg

f5cemsm0msgf.jpg
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    First on MFP a few years ago. Made it to my goal weight. Fast forward a few years and I am 6 lbs over my initial start weight. Looking for some friends with similar goals to help me stay focused, motivated, and to hold me accountable. Trying to improve my blood sugar (borderline) and blood pressure. Thanks.
  • BBee5064
    cgd67 wrote: »
    First on MFP a few years ago. Made it to my goal weight. Fast forward a few years and I am 6 lbs over my initial start weight. Looking for some friends with similar goals to help me stay focused, motivated, and to hold me accountable. Trying to improve my blood sugar (borderline) and blood pressure. Thanks.

Nice to have you in our group.