NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    Hello everyone! I cut off my water drinking at about 3:45 p.m. so I wasn't up in the middle of the night so much last night. I'm still going strong with tracking. Today at work, we are going to a restaurant for lunch for a retiree celebration. I've already picked out what I want and pre-tracked it: a seared tuna salad.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! I forget: which plan did you choose? I hope you enjoy the dinner on the grill night! Congrats on the loss!

@cbabie I'm confused...did you get the shift change or not? I hope so! I think so!

@mswatson0777 Exactly! I think it's okay for short term but long term, eh. I do try to keep my carbs lower, like you are trying to do. I love berries! Luckily, here in CA, we can get them all year round pretty tasty. Congrats on surviving your class! :)

@gemwolf110 I like your March goals, great!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! :) You'll get back in your routine, I know you will.

COMMITTED.
    March goal: track 1 meal a day, go for a walk 1 time a week
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @gemwolf110 I like your goals for the week! They seem very actionable and doable without being too restrictive

@cbabie I'm sure the sodium will cycle out soon, I hate feeling bloated too. And I agree with your points on fear and the virus, a lot of it has been blown out of proportion and we need to look at what we can control.

@TeresaW1020 I'm not doing true keto cause I don't think I can realistically live under 20 grams, but I'll try under 50. And I may extend it to a few weeks to see how I feel. I made a grocery list and a meal plan which is making it seem more actionable. He's pretty excited because I'm a meal prepper so I'm making a bunch of new things that he definitely wants to try!

@theslightedgeforever That picnic sounds wonderful, I'm so glad you were able to support your friend. I hope you're able to find some time to get some movement in today.

@trooworld I love pre-planning and pre-tracking food, it makes things so much less stressful! And I'm intrigued to see how next week (and possibly the following week?) go. I'm hoping it helps with my hunger levels because right now they're too high for me to feel this is sustainable.

I'm so excited that it's Thursday! I handed in my final for one class, and then handed in my midterm for another, so I have the weekend to relax before I have to dive in again. This break is SO needed! I've got some college friends coming down to visit. We're going to have a movie day and spend the day relaxing, it will be fabulous! Then Sunday, I'm going to dive into my 1-2 week low carb challenge with my partner. It will be a good gauge on how my hunger levels are and what I need to adjust. I found some great recipes so I'm feeling pretty good about it. The goal is to find a balance with my hunger levels since they've been too high lately and I think it's sabotaging my long term success.
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! I weighed myself this morning (my official weigh-in day is tomorrow) and, according to my scale, I'm down -3.5 lbs since joining WW on March 1st! Tomorrow when I weigh in, I won't reflect a loss though because it will be my first official weigh-in at a meeting and I'm going to have them reset my weight history because there would be too much catch up to get back to what I started at when I last joined. :( Tomorrow, I'm walking a 5K with a coworker but it's supposed to rain so that should be fun. :/ Afterwards, I am meeting a friend for a walk or tea, depending on how I feel from the 5K.

@mswatson0777 I do, too. It really helps! Well, if nothing else, you will learn things about what you like and don't like, right? A movie day with friends sounds relaxing. Do you know what movie you guys are watching yet?

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, girl I had to scroll back to the post where you rejoined WW!! :o I am sorry that I missed it. I think it’s great that your DH talked you into the meetings. I’m going to see how much I can lose on my own and when I get closer to my goal I will for sure start going to meetings. Congrats on losing so well this week. I was the complete opposite this week. :# So, we are both GREEN girls and now we can motivate each other. Have fun at your 5K!

@mswatson0777, I’m happy to read that you are going to get a weekend to relax and have fun with your friends! I hope the low carb goes well for you. There is no shortage of recipes you can find for your meal prepping. https://www.dietdoctor.com/ is a great resource for all things low carb, and they have lots of great recipes that I made when I was doing the diet. :)

@cbabie, I hope you will love and thrive with your new work schedule. You are right about control. I say we control what we can and leave the rest in God’s hands. I’ve been playing the Mother May I game for too long and it’s time to take bigger steps. We got this!! <3

Good morning! Well, the scale was up 1.5 lbs this week. Not too surprising considering all I ate last weekend while traveling to get mom. Then there was my birthday dinner and the cake and ice cream and then the church BBQ. It is what it is, and I knew this week would be crazy. So, today I’m starting fresh with my WW plan. There are no other events happening this month, so I have no excuses! I will say that a very small amount of my weight gain could be water retention in my muscles. I used the new 15 lb. dumbbells that DH gave me and I literally can’t move my arms without my triceps screaming in pain. :#B)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Morning all! I did get on my treadmill yesterday morning, but for only 10 min. I wasn't sure if I would hear the baby getting up..I will try again here soon this morning to get on the treadmill. Hopefully for longer but I will take anything I get right now. I ate the kettle corn again yesterday afternoon out of stress and it bit me back with heartburn...so that's off my list of foods I can eat. I was still extremely tired yesterday afternoon, so I am hoping I am going to get my energy levels back up again.

@trooworld I got my shift change. Today will be my first day on my own with the new department that I am in. I am praying for success! I am happy for you that the WW is working for you. I agree I would want a reset too!

@TeresaW1020 Yes I am ready for the baby steps to go bye bye and take a leap of faith. I am so trying to let go and let God!!!

@mswatson0777 yea for the break in the cycle of homework!!! LOL . It always nice to have a partner with you on a challenge. I wish my DH thought of his health. He smokes like a fiend, eating is all in the evening, coffee ALL day long until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. smh

I hope you all have a blessed Friday!!!

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld Congrats on the loss, that's fantastic! We have no idea what movies we're watching yet, I'm just excited to get together with everyone. And I think your idea of a weight reset is fantastic. It's a fresh start!

@cbabie Even 10 minutes is a great way to start the day, way to go! And I'm sorry about your DH. I had a great uncle like that who lived into his 90s, so some people are just blessed with great health even if they don't work at it! My partner has a lot of heart disease on his Dad's side of the family, and it is common for men to pass away in their young 60s on his side, so he has a lot of incentive to kick his health into high gear!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you so much for the resource! When you were going through it, how did you make it through the fog? What were the pros and cons while on it? And way to go on using those 15lb weights! I'm sure that gain is temporary and will be off in no time.

I feel very accomplished today. I planned out my menu for the events this weekend and for the next week (all low carb). My grocery bill will be atrocious, but once I have some basics in the house it will be better the following weeks. I'm planning lots of hydration, electrolytes, and vitamin supplements to hopefully help with the fog, but I know my athletic performance is going to tank...big time. I hear it comes back and you feel better than ever...but we'll see... I'm just interested to mix things up to see how I feel.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    Quick check in. Went over on my calories right at the end of the day. I want to ask myself what was I thinking? No exercise either. But I did lose 1.9 lbs this week. So if I want to keep that going I need to keep my head in the game tomorrow.

March goals: Drink 3 glasses of water o:) Decluttering o:) I did something right today
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Sorry been MiA. Just finding life very busy I'm not getting time to sit down to read messages & respond. I am still tracking. I've had a couple of crazy weekends where I've sabotaged my good work- weight stayed the same so trying to be mindful this weekend & not mess up.
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! It is the morning of my 5K and it is cold (50s) and will possibly rain. :( I'm still going though. I'm also going to weigh in for the first time at WW. I hope my favorite WW leader is still there!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yeah, that's what I was going to do but my hubby said, you do so much better when you go to meetings, just pay the extra money! lol Thanks but that weight I lost won't count in WW because today is my official start weigh in date. :( Oh well! I'm sorry you had a gain. It's not surprising considering you were under pressure getting your mom moved in and such. This week should be better! Go GREEN!

@cbabie That's great you got on your treadmill, you are sounding like the old "you"! Congrats on your shift change, woo hoo! I hope you like it.

@mswatson0777 Well, whatever movie it is will surely be fun to watch as a group! Thank you, I needed a loss! I hope the fog is less than expected.

@theslightedgeforever Congrats on the loss!!!

@joannadavison Good to hear from you. I hope things calm down soon for you.

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever Way to go on the loss, you've got this!!!

@trooworld Keep us posted on how the 5K goes! And I hope your favorite WW leader is there!

@joannadavison Good to hear from you! I hope life calms down for you a bit!

Happy Saturday! We had a bunch of friends over last night for drinks and it was a blast. I ate entirely low carb and it wasnt as challenging as I thought, which was a good sign. I didnt sleep enough last night so I'm hoping for a nap today before I get together with my college friends. I hope your all your weekends goes smoothly!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Morning all. Just got caught up on posts. Glad everyone is doing well. Don’t have time to comment individually. My goal still is to log in daily and read and post. Had an alright week. Treadmill 2 days. Fitness class 2 days. Weight is up a bit but I’m sure it’s cause my body aches so bad from fitness and retaining water. Sitting at 154. Goal is to get below 150 by end of March.
  • cbabie
    Morning all! It's sunny and breezy here today. I may take GGD to the park today. I have been emotional today and it just dawned on my this is the month my dad passed away in 2017...you wonder if you ever don't "hurt".. Sitting here watching my DDG smiling at "Strawberry Shortcake" . makes me smile!

@renaegry Sounds like a good week and you can meet your goal!

@mswatson0777 Yes my DH mom passed away with breast cancer at 52, but his dad was much older..he is more like his dad. Glad you got your list done. yes it's cheaper $$ wise to eat carbs..LOL

@trooworld good for hubby to know his wife and encourages her in that!

@joannadavison Yes life can be TOO busy. Thanks for checking in!!

@theslightedgeforever You weren't thinking..LOL

Cbabie
  • huskymarie
    huskymarie Posts: 9 Member
    Hi all, I’m not sure I can keep up with all of you. But please know I am reading all the posts. I just usually can’t do it daily. So here’s my shoutouts. Yay on the shift change! Green would kill me but so would blue. I have 3 days left of WW since I cancelled it. If you cancel make sure you use up your wellness wins. I got 3 pairs of socks and donated the rest of mine to charity (I guess WW buys fruits and veges for charity with the points). @cbabie a baby monitor while your using the treadmill? Or the techie in me would do FaceTime with my phone and iPad. @mswatson0777 I hope you’re loving your weekend or relaxing. 👋 to all.
    Yesterday we were supposed to go on a road trip to get my puppy (avatar) and pick her up this morning. Since I’m typing here, bet you all can guess that didn’t happen. Mishka got sick and the Breeder postponed the transfer and took her to the vet. She’s doing much better but we’re playing it by ear. I will say that taking yesterday off for what turned out to be no reason was awesome and relaxing. I have 3 other doggies and it was beyond wonderful to play with them, quilt, and visit my grandkids. DH’s birthday is tomorrow and I made him German chocolate cake. I think one piece on WW would use the entire’s day of points. At least with calories I can budget them in. I am liking leaving WW behind but I still won’t sell my stock because they made a dent in my brain of eating better. No other plan did that. That said, I was showing my DH this morning the calories of a caramel candy (140 calls) and that on WW it was 11 points. And then my muscle milk light was 100 calls and 1 point. I get the fat and sugar aren’t healthy, but 10 point difference for the 40 cal difference? It is interesting to see how the calls and points differ. BTW, I know that one of you wrote about green being 17 points but you’d use 5 weeklies daily. If you decide you want green and the 22 points, change your program to maintaining to bump the points up. I had to do that when they went from smart points to freestyle because I’m deadly allergic to the majority of the stuff they put on the free list. Then I added my foods that were free back in with the points. I found that way the best to manipulate the app some.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @cbabie I hope you make it to the park and have a nice time. I hope you feel better- I’m sorry for the loss of your dad.

@mswatson0777 sounds like a nice weekend. I’m glad you sound a little less stressed. Are you taking classes all summer? How low carb are you going? It’s ironic I’ve just been checking my weekly macros over the last few months. I can’t do low carb, and noticing that I start to feel sick and/or shaky if I’m at 100grams. So I usually eat more than that. But a lot of it is fruits and vegetables and beans. And some bread I admit it!

@trooworld I hope you have a great 5k. I’ve never done one either walking or running. I think there is one here in May and I’m considering it.

@the slightedgeforever- wow 1,9 lbs! That is fantastic!

@TeresaW1020 wow on the 15lb-ers! Good for you, you will adjust in no time.
    Seems like a lot of people have been busy. I’ve been busy working, and have to work tomorrow too but hopefully just for a couple of hours. Next week will be busy and then hopefully a break.
    I’ve been doing ok with calories this week. I went out with a friend for dinner and I had 3 drinks (we went to hear a band play for a couple hours) but I managed to stay within my calorie limits for the week.

Exercising a lot this week. Today I did the stairs/hill and some core at the gym. I’m still very limited with my upper body bc of my arm.

My computer was struggling so I got a new part and after a couple of hiccups it seems ok. I’m sooo relieved bc I did not want to buy a new computer.

I’m dead tired after all the exercising today and will flake out and watch tv. Tomorrow is an off day, not sure what I will do. I don’t like the Daylight Savings Time and losing an hour sleep…

Cold today but beautiful sunny day and birds were chirping and I feel like winter is leaving so yay.
  • CPAUTISM24
    CPAUTISM24 Posts: 32 Member
    I’ve been doing MFP for 4 Days. I love the app it is similar to WW. I am looking forward to chatting with some of you. I just can’t stay on WW for some reason , but MFP seems like a winner to me!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @teresaw1020 I think this move will be a good move for you mom. You will be such a good role model for her with your eating and exercising.

@cbabie Isn't perception an interesting thing? When I think of March I think of springtime and happy thoughts. When I read your post about dad I thought oh. Now the profile pic change on FB makes sense. Did you get your fruit this weekend? Your new schedule sounds wonderful. What would be great is if the baby would learn how to entertain herself when she first wakes up. Maybe leave a book in her crib to look at. That way you can have a few more minutes of me time to get in more exercise. You'll hear her eventually if she doesn't grab your attention at first. Plus it's a good life lesson. I was smiling thinking about your dh walking around with his coffee cup in his hand.

@trooworld you are still going strong I see. Good for you. Woohoo on your weight loss. Did you do the 5K?

@mswatson0777 So have you figured out the hunger level balance thing? You sound like you are really trying to find your balance on this. Which of course is sustainable. That's the key. What movie did you end up watching? I think feeling accomplished is the best feeling.

@joannadavison Just keep working on those weekends. I like eating higher on Thurs and Saturday so I lower my carbs/calories on the other days to make up for it. Kind of a win win for me as long as I stick to the boundaries. That's great that you are still tracking.

@renaegry Woohoo for all your movement you put into your life this week. I love springtime because as it starts warming up I get just a little bit more motivated. Then all the pretty flowers start appearing. Winter is so depressing. You can reach that goal. Step by step.

@mariechinander My two cents on group posting is do what you can do. No guilt. I used to have a 5 person rule where even if there were 20 people posting I would respond to the first 5 and say Hi to everyone else. Sometimes it got cut down to 3 and like this weekend it got cut down to a Quick check in.....and it was all about me. Sometimes we have more time sometimes we don't. At one point on another group I was sitting responding to people that I realized I was just SITTING. Not up moving my body. That doesn't help me lose weight. Do what you can do. Great tip about bumping up the points on WW. There's always a way to tweak a program to suit our lifestyles. Happy Bday to your hubby.

@its_cleo Good for you for staying within your calorie range this week. You are getting better and better at that. I think they should do away with the whole Daylight Savings thing.

@cpautism24 Welcome to the group! We are chatty at times but you'll find lots of support here.

Green Day- Stayed OP 193/238 carbs Exercise-41 minutes walking

March goals: Drink 3 glasses of water :( Decluttering :(

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever, mom is already down 3 lbs and has been walking on the treadmill. She was up to 8 minutes on Friday. :)

@its_cleo, I don’t like the Daylight Saving Time either!! DH likes to open up the blinds first thing in the morning and I came out into the living room griping at him that the neighbors don’t need the view of seeing me in my robe! :o I am also longing for spring and the end of winter…and rain!! Good for you for staying within your calories. I’m doing my best to stay within my WW points but it’s hard! :/

@mariechinander, I hope that going off WW will work for you and that you will love calorie counting. I’ve been all over the place with counting calories, not counting anything and now back to WW. As we all know all plans will work if we work the plan. I’m just hoping that this time WW will work for me. Your puppy Mishka is adorable!! I hope you get to pick her up soon. :)

@cbabie, ((hugs)) to you my friend! <3

@tooworld, let’s make it a great week!! Go GREEN!!! B)

@joannadavison, take care of yourself! <3

@mswatson0777, you are doing all the right things with your planning and making sure that you get in your electrolytes in, which will help with that foggy feeling. You just have to give your body time to adjust to the change. :)

Good morning! I got a terrible sore throat on Friday and didn’t do anything yesterday but rest and start a new jigsaw puzzle. It’s much better today, which is good because this is mom’s first Sunday to come to church with us. I’ve decided to create my own workout calendar that will take from two of the BOD programs and walking on my treadmill. Until I get more weight off, I have to stop doing BOD leg workouts because they are tearing up my knees. So, leg days will be mostly treadmill walks and I will continue with my upper body weights and the 80 Day Obsession Booty workouts. Maybe that will work! ;)
  • cbabie
    Morning all! I only got 10 min on the treadmill this morning. Babygirl work up early. She is sitting on the couch watching Veggietales, but if I go outside she will want to come. So I have to wait until DH is up and can help. I have to get this weight off as I feel "fat and stuffed" even though I am under my WW goal, but that goal was set a least 10 years ago..So it's time to set a new goal. LOL . I know with age we should carry a little more weight, but I feel better with less. I know that the tracking is the most important thing I can do..When I track I lose. PERIOD!!

@TeresaW1020 So happy you and your mom are doing health and life together!!! Yes please take care of your knees, you only get 1 pair and knee replacement is not on my list of things to do..LOL

@trooworld yea on the loss and you sound like the old you..LOL

@CPAUTISM24 Welcome!! Yes we do chat a lot, but you will find lots of encouragement and even laughter..LOL You can take this group at your own pace.

@its_cleo We don't do DS here!!! So I have to keep remembering where people are and what time it is..LOL

@mariechinander Yes the tech in me...I have the baby monitor..I had to go get her this morning before finishing..but I am for sure going to try to get back on when my DH gets up if he does before I have to get ready for church.

cbabie

• trooworld
    Good morning everyone! Well, I'll start with my weigh-in at the WW location: According to my scale and according to the WW scale, I was down 3 lbs from last week but like I said yesterday was my first official weigh-in on WW so that 3 lbs doesn't count but it counts to me! My favorite leader isn't there anymore (I didn't ask what happened to her) but...the lady that used to be the receptionist is now the leader and I absolutely loved her so I'm happy with that! I look forward to her meetings. Now, the 5K: I was afraid my coworker was going to flake on me because I got there early and waited and waited and texted her and she didn't respond. Of course, my disaster mind went immediately to: "she's flaking on you" lol. But she showed and we walked it and it did not rain, thankfully! We were the absolute last walkers to end the walk but that's okay, at least we finished. My body was so sore, my feet so sore, after the walk. I just came home and laid around until I met my friend for tea. I had forgotten that since I have had plantar fasciitis for the past year or so, I haven't walked at all, so it was probably a bad idea to sign up for a 3.3 mile walk without doing any walking prior! But oh well, I survived.

@mswatson0777 Thanks! I'm glad you had fun with your friends. I hope you caught up on sleep and I hope you had fun for movie night!

@renaegry Hello! Getting below 150 by end of March seems reasonable, I believe in you!

@cbabie I'm glad DGD was able to make you smile through your tears this morning. <3 Yes, my hubby is pretty good like that, I love that man!!! Only got on the treadmill for 10 minutes? At least you did get on it! Yay! Tracking is key, I think. Thanks, I feel like the old me!

@mariechinander Incidentally, your wellness wins are still there if you rejoin. Mine were there from 2 years ago! :) I was glad to see that. Don't worry about keeping up with us, just join in when you can. I know we are a chatty bunch lol. Happy birthday to your DH! Enjoy your slice of cake.

@its_cleo Thanks! I did enjoy it, it ended up being nice weather. I'm glad you got your computer problem fixed, I know that is so frustrating! You are doing so well with exercise, being so consistent. Congrats! I hate DST too. :(

@CPAUTISM24 Hi and welcome! I look forward to chatting with you, too! WW isn't the only program you can lose weight on. Do what works for you!

@theslightedgeforever I am going strong. I did do the 5K, see above. I see I need to rub off on you with the water. I've been doing really well (except this weekend). Over 100 oz of water a day!

@TeresaW1020 Is mom trying to lose weight? Yes let's make it a good week and GO GREEN!!! I'm glad you are feeling better, too.

COMMITTED.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Good morning. Cold and snowing here. Trying to find the ambition to leave my chair and go get an hour of book work in. Not sure if any exercise will fit into the day today. Daughter has gymnastics from 3-6 plus it’s a 30 min drive. If anything will just do a day of squat challenge. Then back to the norm fitness class Monday and Wednesday and treadmill Tuesday and Thursday.

@mariechinander that is one of the main reasons I cancelled WW as well. I found some of the point calculations extremely discouraging. I still have it till the beginning of April but really haven’t been using it. I paid for premium here and really try to track my macros. Hopefully this and spring will be the answer.

@TeresaW1020 I started a puzzle ages ago. The Vegas strip. I should really sit down and finish it one day.

@trooworld way to go on the loss. That’s awesome.