Zero Carb Diet

changreer
changreer Posts: 3 Member
I’ve been on a zero Carb / Carnivore diet for around a month now and wanted to know if anyone else has tried it.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    What does a day in your diet look like?
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    changreer wrote: »
    I’ve been on a zero Carb / Carnivore diet for around a month now and wanted to know if anyone else has tried it.

You will find Carnivore diet in Keto group here in MFP. You can talk to them there.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Breakfast
    • 4-5 eggs
    • 1-2 Bottles of water
    Lunch
    •something small and quick like Canned tuna or maybe some bacon
    • 1-2 bottles of water
    Dinner
    • 1lb of venison/ Pork/ red meat
    • 2 bottles of water
    This obviously isn’t exact but it would definitely look something like this. On most days I’m getting calories somewhere between 1500 and 1900.

You don't eat any vegetables?
  • xxxpopeyexxx
    xxxpopeyexxx Posts: 39 Member
    so what do your daily nutrient and vitamins totals look like?
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    That looks like a recipe for terrible heart health.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Breakfast
    • 4-5 eggs
    • 1-2 Bottles of water
    Lunch
    • 1-2 bottles of water
    Dinner
    • 2 bottles of water
    This obviously isn’t exact but it would definitely look something like this. On most days I’m getting calories somewhere between 1500 and 1900.

I can not see how this is beneficial for long term health. You may feel fine now but I suspect that won't be the case down the track. Please for your future health make an appointment with a dietitian to find a sustainable and healthy way to lose weight.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I can’t live life without condiments, or without fruits and veggies. Or without some sugar, tbh.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited March 2020
    Another obligate carnivore human has been discovered!

Short term effective? I am sure.

Long term sustainable and healthy, not so sure.

What's the long term maintenance plan?
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    edited March 2020
    My brother is trying this plan. I haven't talked to him directly about it, but my mom has and says that after a period of time, certain vegetables are re-introduced. But since I haven't spoken to him, I haven't verified that yet. I don't know what the time period was, either, or what vegetables were to be re-introduced.

In any case, its not something I'd want to try.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Breakfast
    • 4-5 eggs
    • 1-2 Bottles of water
    Lunch
    • 1-2 bottles of water
    Dinner
    • 2 bottles of water

Is this your first time to go Keto? Because I do more plant base eating now on Keto I work to keep my total carbs just under 50 grams. I have been doing this WOE since Oct 2014 and with better labs and health at age 69 than at 39 and I have not been sick for the last five years. That is a good thing now that COVID-19 is here. Best of continued success.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    You’re not getting any fiber. If you eat this way long-term, it will set you up for some potentially serious health issues.