Less Alcohol - MARCH 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    "So yeah even after 2 years of practicing mindful moderation ( has it really been that long @MissMay !?)
    YES @WinoGelato it has. My first post on here was Jan. 25, 2018.....you first spoke up on Jan. 30, 2018.
    I find continuing on this less alcohol thread as important as wearing my seat belt when I get in my car everyday. This thread is my "safety belt".

@loveychar .......just a bump. That is all, a little bump. No biggy.
  • MissMay
    Welcome to @SarahintheLou. You have all the right reasons to drink less, great to have you.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @MissMay Thank you! How can you tell when you first came here? I'm asking for myself. I think it was sometime late last summer or early fall for me, but not before then since I was still breastfeeding. It doesn't matter, to be honest. I'm just glad to be here. It helps...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited March 2020
    Oh funny, @MissMay ! It was in September and you helped me communicate with replies! I had no idea how to reply to anyone!
    jqwh7rew3gf8.png
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited March 2020
    I am finishing out this first week with 6/7 AF days. I had a couple of fru fru martinis on Friday with dinner. Normally I would have still gotten wine to drink at home after the dinner drinks, but I stopped at the 2 drinks.

My challenge to not drink wine for a full week ends tonight. I'm trying to figure out how I want to move forward. One day at a time :).

I don't comment much, but I did want to say that this group and thread have actually helped me this week. I appreciate all the honesty and support in here. Thank you.

ETA: I tried non-alcoholic wine tonight. It was a big nope for me. I'm going to have to come up with a new alternative....considering cranberry juice and ginger ale, or something along those lines.
  • MissMay
    The good news...I didn't eat up everything...The bad news...I steamed my snow crab legs with beer today...I poured half and drank the rest...22 oz. I don't feel guilty because I've minded my macros and alcohol intake. I will not beat myself up. So now, it's 11/12 AF days (Feb 24). I need a hug.....Sheesh man.

🤗hug🤗hug🤗hug
    Awesome job on 11/12 days AF. and hey I am sure the beer got wicked watered down from those crab legs, so WIN WIN
  • MissMay
    7/7 AF

Congrats on the big weight loss. Makes life so much easier not to carry around another small size person on our own bodies.
    😊
  • alrightmsjenkins
    alrightmsjenkins Posts: 33 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    The good news...I didn't eat up everything...The bad news...I steamed my snow crab legs with beer today...I poured half and drank the rest...22 oz. I don't feel guilty because I've minded my macros and alcohol intake. I will not beat myself up. So now, it's 11/12 AF days (Feb 24). I need a hug.....Sheesh man.

🤗hug🤗hug🤗hug
    Awesome job on 11/12 days AF. and hey I am sure the beer got wicked watered down from those crab legs, so WIN WIN

Thank you!! ❤️

• MissMay
    Waking up Sunday morning with a clear head after going out the night before. PRICELESS.

Sorry to hear how your evening ended @LoveyChar.

@dawnbgethealthy did you say you were doing a 100 day challenge of some sort? Wondering how it is going?

@whitpauly I use the iceberg as a filler when I create a salad. I always have fresh spinach on hand which is super healthy. And I love a huge salad, like it could be made in a giant mixing bowl and I would eat the whole thing. Vegas for growing lettuce? Why not? Lol
  • MissMay
    Make them small goals or large goals. Make them your goals.
    stzbc4hy80sa.jpg
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    Day 7 AF done! It's Sunday morning, birds are chirping, and it's time to go out for a long run. Looking forward to a good endorphin boost. Time to make today a great day......
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 352 Member
    edited March 2020
    Dang, I miss me some Chesapeake Bay Blues...and the alcohol evaporates out of the beer while steaming, so just try not to finish the leftovers. o:) And a hug, too.