What We're Eating

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: strawberry Greek yogurt & coffee

Lunch: lentils, cottage cheese, and a smoothie made from banana, blueberries, almond milk, hemp protein, vanilla & cinnamon.

Snack: 1/2 bag ranch flavor Quest chips, 1/2 Gala apple.

Dinner: edamame spaghetti, homemade marinara, onions, peppers & vegetarian meatballs.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast chocolate protein shake with coffee and a banana
    Lunch subway 6in veggie on wheat bread with marinara sauce and 2 scoops giardiniera diet coke
    Dinner Greek strawberry cheesecake yogurt 1 subway carrot cake cookie and coffee
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Breakfast - 2 Scrambled Eggs, 1 slice whole wheat toast with small amount of butter
    Lunch - Chicken Fajita with sour cream
    Dinner - trying to decide
  • ebeever115
    ebeever115 Posts: 42 Member
    Breakfast: Crustless veggie quiche, crispy potatoes
    AM Snack: Green tea with honey
    Lunch: Air fryer salmon, garlic brown rice & quinoa, snap peas
    PM Snack: Banana
    Dinner: Grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and pickles, sweet potato fries, coffee soft service ice cream with hot fudge
    I was so glad I had just enough calories for that dinner! Back on track today :)
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Breakfast: porridge with Nutella and peanut butter
    Lunch: beef lasagne
    Dinner: chickpeas, lentils, quinoa and spinach with tuna, tomato, cucumber, peppers, red onion and a soy and ginger dressing
    Snacks: 3 slices of toast with pb and Nutella, banana, cookies and cream protein bar, chilli and lime nut mix, dried apricots, protein yoghurt and 3 homemade choc chip cookies
    Drinks: tea and vimto

Exercise: 3km run, swim training twice (90mins each)
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: avocado toast with bagel seasoning, blueberries, orange slices, coffee

Lunch: tuna salad w/ chopped oiled egg & cheddar, open-faced on toast, more orange slices, slice of sour cream Bundt cake & decaf coffee

Dinner: edamame fried rice with carrots, mushrooms, onion & zucchini. Probably another slice of the Bundt, if I'm honest!
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Breakfast: overnight oats with chia, apples, peanut flour, yogurt, milk mixed in

Snack: cape gooseberries!

Lunch: tuna salad (not in a sandwich) with spinach, tomato, pickles, onion, avocado, hard-boiled egg, cilantro

Dinner: Ghormeh Sabzi and rice

Snack: ??? sometimes skip, sometimes have it (thinking plain yogurt and fruit if I have it)

Green tea/water throughout the day
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Breakfast: egg whites and fresh mozzarella on two pieces toast with blackberry black tea
    Lunch: grilled chicken and tuscan seasoned broccoli with pomegranate raspberry herbal tea
    Dinner: Egg salad wraps made with romaine lettuce
    Snacks: cheez-its, teddy graham crackers with a gingerbread-yogurt dip, and a chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: avocado toast with bagel seasoning, blueberries, orange slices, coffee

Lunch: tuna salad w/ chopped oiled egg & cheddar, open-faced on toast, more orange slices, slice of sour cream Bundt cake & decaf coffee

Dinner: edamame fried rice with carrots, mushrooms, onion & zucchini. Probably another slice of the Bundt, if I'm honest!

oh my goodness...chopped boiled egg, not oiled. :D
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,378 Member
    Because I am a responsible adult...

Individual pack of Sunflower seeds at work around 3am
    Crustless pizza (mozzarella, parmesan and reduced fat pepperoni) broiled in the toaster oven, 2 cups of Iced coffee with half and half and a lindor extra dark chocolate truffle for lunch after I woke up.
    Two pieces of baked skinless chicken thighs and some canned green beans for supper
    Skinny Caramel Macchiatto later at a HS soccer game
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited March 2020
    Breakfast:
    cup of emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    Large bowl of homemade chili (made with ground beef w/sauteed chopped garlic, onions, celery, scallions, bell pepper, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chili powder, red kidney beans) Fritos corn chips at the bottom of the bowl and then add the chili sprinkled with taco cheese, more Fritos, finely chopped onions & scallions, big scoop of sour cream. glass of 100% cherry juice to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:

2 large handmade and loaded with pecans, milk chocolate & caramel turtles, whole grapefruit and a handful of walnuts
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    I try and eat a fairly substantial breakfast or first meal and it'll keep me until dinner. Ill eat either cereal with some fruit and a bowl of yogurt, or I will have rice with eggs and vegs, a healthy portion. I don't need to snack and might have a light dinner or mid afternoon snack
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Breakfast:
    cup of dandelion root tea, whole grapefruit

Lunch:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Dinner:
    Large bowl of homemade chili (made with ground beef w/sauteed chopped garlic, onions, celery, scallions, bell pepper, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chili powder, red kidney beans) Fritos corn chips at the bottom of the bowl and then add the chili sprinkled with taco cheese, more Fritos, finely chopped onions & scallions, big scoop of sour cream. ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:

Blackberry ice cream, a couple of hand full of walnuts, maybe another whole grapefruit
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: corn tortilla with scrambled egg, veggie chorizo & sour cream, whole orange, coffee

Lunch: 1 pork tamale & rice.

Snack: Americano and 2/3 shamrock sugar cookie (not great, very disappointing actually)

Dinner: I'm thinking Steak & Shake triple burger and maybe soup. I need a lot of calories because I hiked for close to 4 hours, but I don't feel super hungry.
  • hawksgirl229
    Crazy Saturday. My mom had to have an emergency procedure to try and clear an ongoing infection from her kidney so they can
    eventually remove a very large stone from her left kidney. She Will be in thehospital until they can get fever under control.. so Saturday breakfast
    was McDonald english muffin with pbj. A shared bag of shoestring potato chips and diet coke with my husband at the hospital. Then Dinner/lunch was 10 hours later..I had a side spaghetti with one meatball 1/2 of an italian sausage dinner side salad with house dressing and a very large diet coke..needed comfort chocolate so shared a very large chocolate malt with my husband.
  • hawksgirl229
    Today breakfast was coffee a banana and a chocolate protein shake.
    Lunch was a large diet coke side spaghetti with a meatball 1/2 of an italian sausage side house salad with house salad dressing and a small wedge of italian bread.
    Dinner TBD. The hospital is still trying to find the right antibiotic to treat her fever. They are doing a blood culture to see if she test positive for sepsis. I'm an only child so just my husband and I to meet with doctors etc.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,379 Member
    Over day nothing special: bread with good hard cheese mainly.
    For dinner I had a piece of salmon with a kind of barbecue rub that I made. Served with sticky rice and a simple salad of ripe mango, avocado and red onion. Very yummy!
  • seltzermint555
    Crazy Saturday. My mom had to have an emergency procedure to try and clear an ongoing infection from her kidney so they can
    eventually remove a very large stone from her left kidney. She Will be in thehospital until they can get fever under control.. so Saturday breakfast
    was McDonald english muffin with pbj. A shared bag of shoestring potato chips and diet coke with my husband at the hospital. Then Dinner/lunch was 10 hours later..I had a side spaghetti with one meatball 1/2 of an italian sausage dinner side salad with house dressing and a very large diet coke..needed comfort chocolate so shared a very large chocolate malt with my husband.

Best wishes for your mom!!
    It sounds like you and I had slightly similar weekends, as I wound up at the hospital with my mom late Saturday night (bad fall, broke both her wrists and one kneecap, poor thing) and then at her house all day today.

Breakfast was crunchy raisin bran with 2% milk. I hadn't eaten cereal with milk in literally years! Two different flavored coffees over the course of the morning.

Lunch - 2 slices of Pizza Hut Mozzarella Poppers. Totally not my usual food choice but she's a pizza fiend and I wanted to get her something special & sorta "guilty pleasure" for lunch!

Dinner - healthier pasta marinara with TVP back at home, and a side salad...but then I also needed comfort chocolate so I baked tollhouse cookies & had 3 with Earl Grey tea.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: trail mix granola bar
    Lunch: homemade egg salad on 1 piece of whole grain white bread and fresh pineapple
    Afternoon snack: celery with caramelized onion hummus
    Dinner: seasoned and air fried chicken breast with roasted asparagus
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Breakfast: banana, sweet chilli tuna & boiled baby potatoes, protein porridge, protein shake, apple.
    Lunch: Baked salt & pepper chicken breast & masala potato wedges, chocolate soy milk.
    Afternoon: Baked katsu chicken breast, brown rice & peas, half an avocado
    Dinner: Sweet & smoky quorn strips, cous cous & quinoa veg mix, wholemeal bread & jam x3, arla yoghurt, chocolate brownie

Light day :lol: