The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Welcome @Tattoomama4440 Yes alcohol is definitely a factor in weight gain. If I remember correctly your body goes to work on processing the alcohol before anything else, it is burned first as a fuel source...it can negatively affect sleep and not enough sleep can cause us to produce extra cortisol (stress hormone) which can lead to cravings...also lower inhibitions can cause us to binge on all the wrong foods in excess. The kiddo and your health are fantastic motivators to ditch the habit. It may also help you to educate yourself about alcohol and the negative side. You CAN do this!!
  • lorrainequiche59
    Welcome @tivw57 :D
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Welcome to the newcomer's 🤗 6'43 am in Vegas another 24! Have a great AF day all💗
  • lorrainequiche59
    So, new to MFP. I just figured it out. My beer drinking and requisite snacking is costing me 28,000 calories a month. A MONTH. You believe that *kitten*? Come on... haha. Anyway, would love some sober friends as I try to get my *kitten* together.

YES, I can believe it!! You're in the right spot...lots of non-judgemental support in this space...Welcome!!
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Thank you lorraine 😸
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    aroze0928 wrote: »
    Thank you lorraine 😸

A big CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Thanks everyone you guys are the best!!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @aroze0928 Bravo!!! Very inspiring !
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,485 Member
    A group of 4 of us went out to a usually very busy restaurant last night. So sad to see barely anyone out and about. This Coronavirus is really doing a number on the economy. I am choosing to just go about my business and live my life, though washing my hands more. I'm not going to become a hermit over this. Have a Sober Sunday, Friends.