Magical and marvellous March - accountability thread

Replies

• kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Starting weight 145
    Current weight 141.2
    Goal weight 130
    weight loss goal for March 5 pounds (with the 3.8 pounds lost, I think i am on track here)

Goals:
    1) to work up to over 40 ounces of water on all days (almost all days)
    2) to weigh and log all of my food (every day)
    3) to exercise in some fashion every day (6 out of 7 days, I danced)
    4) to be more mindful in my eating and exercise (have been enjoying both much more)
    5) weekly check ins (and here I am

Namaste, Kristine
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    Mar GW: 137
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2

I'm going to add in one thing to force myself to measure at the end of the month......
    Bust: 38 - Aug (-1")
    Band: 33 - Aug (-1")
    Waist: 28.5 - Aug (-.5")
    Hips 38.5- No change in Aug

Goal #1: Workout 4 days a week - Yoga Burn/Bike/Walk
    Goal #2: Be consistent with push up challenge
    Goal #3: Stay under on intake min of 5 days a week
    Goal #4: Replace nightly glass of wine with herbal tea 3x a week

I had the worst flu the end of Jan, so I feel pretty decent about Feb overall. Weighed in this morning at 143.2 so that means I was about to maintain things while out of town on a sale trip - total win for me! Spent 4 days in Scottsdale and didn't lose progress.

It's going to be a BUSY month, I'm really excited about daylight savings time, my wedding & my birthday!!! If I can get my average weight down to 140 this month, I'll be happy. (I broke my phone Thursday and am betting I lost all my 'happy scale' data). DAMMIT!
    3/5 - 143.0, AVE 143.6 - yesterday was decent on food, finally felt back in my routine. Spent a few hours riding, cleaning stalls & washing one dirty little mutt. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! Come on Spring!
    3/6 - 142.8 AVE 143.4 - I love this time of year, I worked outdoors from 4:30 to dark - no idea of burn, not cardio, just cleaning stalls and riding. Been experimenting with learning to cook some lighter (but quick) dinners - trying to stay away from pastas, breads, etc.
  • jenniferandrusak
    jenniferandrusak Posts: 3 Member
    Height: 5’4
    SW:125 lbs
    CW: 107 lbs
    GW: 96 lbs
    Goal#1 exercise at least 15 minutes a day
    Goal#2 use self care and other ways to sooth self rather than to over eat.
    Goal#3 keep track of intake.
    Goal 4# weigh self once a week
    Goal#5 keep a diary with motivations and encouragement and quotes
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    2019: HW 78 - LW 69
    CW: 70.0
    Feb GW: maintain between 69 and 70

Goals:
    1. Walk at least 10k a day
    2. Keep within my daily cals
    3. Push-up challenge - master week 3
    4. Weekly accountability checkin

The first week of March is already over and done. Here in Belgium, we seem to be in an endless waterfall: the temperatures stay cold and it is raining all the time. Really all - the - time and it's getting to me. Also, the small river at the back of our house is almost overflowing, and we are still facing at least a week of rain. I'm in dire need of a little sunshine!

As for my goals:
    1. Nope, it didn't work out this week as going out in torrential rains just isn't an option. And one can only do circles around the house a few hundred times :neutral: Also, I still cannot go bike to work, so very little movement.
    2. I did. But then yesterday evening my neighbour - who is a lovely lady - begged us to come and finish the batch of batter she had made for waffles. I was still a little peckish after dinner and I wolfed down 4 freshly baked waffles. No regrets there as I never eat them and they were delish ! :smiley:
    3. I can't seem to master week 3 - but I'll continue to try
    4. Yes, I am doing this right now. My current average weight is 70.0 which is perfect, certainly after having 4 waffles and very little exercise.
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    169 cm / 5’5”, 37 y 
    HW: 76.1 kg / 168 lbs (26/Aug/19) 
    GW Mar: 70.5 kg / 155 lbs
    Overall GW: 57.5 kg / 127 lbs 
    Monthly avg –> Sep: 73.6 kg / Oct: 73.0 kg / Nov: 72.5 kg / Dec: 71.6 kg / Jan: 71.7 kg / Feb: 72.3 kg

Goal #1: Loose what I regained in January/February.
    Goal #2: Log more regularly including weekends.
    Goal #3: Go running at least twice a week. Plus, continue first sessions for flexibility exercises at home.
    Goal #4: Survive 21 km trail run middle of March.

1-mar: 73.0 kg
    2-mar: 74.0 kg
    3-mar: 73.3 kg
    4-mar: 72.5 kg
    5-mar: 71.3 kg – Running the evening before. This is dehydration.
    6-mar: 71.7 kg
    7-mar: 71.4 kg (7-day average: 72.5 kg) – Hmm, not just dehydration it seems. :)
    8-mar: 71.7 kg (7-day average: 72.3 kg)
    9-mar: 71.4 kg (7-day average: 71.9 kg) – I'm a yo-yo, lol.

Hi all, the last few days went quite fast. And well in terms of losses. I stuck to regular exercises, not over-indulging, hydrating, etc. It feels as though my head is starting to get the hang of it again after all :) It was also nicely busy, with gardening, and having to pick up things here and there. So I cycled/walked consistently throughout the week, too.

Let's see:
    #1: Looking good. If I keep this up, this is realistic and in reach.
    #2: So far, so good. All days. Including weekend.
    #3: Running, stupid rain is discouraging, but at least once a week I manage to kick myself in gear. Stretching, still baby steps to find a routine. Focusing on finding exercises to improve shoulder mobility that I can do in the office. I have some first ones. Just want to find more and find a good rhythm.
    #4: We'll know more next week. Run is on Sunday. Fingers crossed!

All in all, I'm feeling good and prepared to get through another week. There's a bit of a cold lingering in my system that I hope won't get any worse. Would be a shame with the run waiting on Sunday.
  • jacau
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    The first week of March is already over and done. Here in Belgium, we seem to be in an endless waterfall: the temperatures stay cold and it is raining all the time. Really all - the - time and it's getting to me. Also, the small river at the back of our house is almost overflowing, and we are still facing at least a week of rain. I'm in dire need of a little sunshine!

I feel you! It was raining quite a bit here as well in the southern parts of NL, but at least we had some dry patches. In return, at least I keep telling myself this, the groundwater stores are filling up again. I didn't look for Belgium yet, but for plenty of areas in NL and Germany the levels are finally starting to get back to what is considered "normal" for this time of year. The last two years really took a toll.

Still looking forward to spring and sun and all the outdoor goodness!
  • jacau
    @weatherking2019 That sounds indeed like there are plenty of things waiting to be celebrated! Makes sense to spread it out a little. Curious how this will develop! Enjoy the ride in the meantime :)
  • cayenne_007
    @cayenne_007 is your wedding on 3/8?! That's this weekend!! (my dad's b-day too)
    You got your dress and rings ready?? Stay healthy! Can't wait to see your pictures!!

3/14 - it's going to be super casual and just fun - basically the closest thing to eloping that I can get away with and not make my family too mad! Hahaha! I have a place, preacher, flowers, and a great place to eat reserved.... ring is still being worked on, and there's no telling what I'll wind up wearing but it won't be a white dress. We just want a chance to visit with family and have fun. I kept it to immediate family only - otherwise, I swear it would wind up being 500 people and just to complicated.

Sounds super nice! I'm all for casual and fun! I'm sure it'll be fabulous- <3

@jacau, No dates yet. It'll be next year. "After" his daughters hs graduation party. He thinks we're doing it in the backyard after hers... I'm okay with the backyard but timing is still in the works. I don't want it to be back to back. Too much to coordinate... We'll see how it goes! But I know that it will be casual, summer time, outdoor wedding💕💕

That is exactly the kind of thing my fiancee would think would be a great idea.... 'insert eyeroll'
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Down .4, I'll take it!

This week, I'm pre planning my calories for each meal snack. I've tried meticulously planning my food, but there's something about that total restriction that is too much for me now (maybe in the future, don't count it out!).

Something else I'm changing: A treat once a day. I'm pretty much off sugar and junk food, so it will be a slice of Ezkiel (spelling?) bread and a tablespoon of reduced sugar cherry jam.

My goal is losing something every week, no matter how little!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    ShredWeek1 wrote: »
    Adding: I'm also reducing my screentime. One of my life goals is to do more which gives me joy...and screen is something I've spent too much of my life just getting sucked into...

I agree!
  • cayenne_007
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    Mar GW: 137
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2

I'm going to add in one thing to force myself to measure at the end of the month......
    Bust: 38 - Aug (-1")
    Band: 33 - Aug (-1")
    Waist: 28.5 - Aug (-.5")
    Hips 38.5- No change in Aug

Goal #1: Workout 4 days a week - Yoga Burn/Bike/Walk
    Goal #2: Be consistent with push up challenge
    Goal #3: Stay under on intake min of 5 days a week
    Goal #4: Replace nightly glass of wine with herbal tea 3x a week

I had the worst flu the end of Jan, so I feel pretty decent about Feb overall. Weighed in this morning at 143.2 so that means I was about to maintain things while out of town on a sale trip - total win for me! Spent 4 days in Scottsdale and didn't lose progress.

It's going to be a BUSY month, I'm really excited about daylight savings time, my wedding & my birthday!!! If I can get my average weight down to 140 this month, I'll be happy. (I broke my phone Thursday and am betting I lost all my 'happy scale' data). DAMMIT!
    3/5 - 143.0, AVE 143.6 - yesterday was decent on food, finally felt back in my routine. Spent a few hours riding, cleaning stalls & washing one dirty little mutt. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! Come on Spring!
    3/6 - 142.8 AVE 143.4 - I love this time of year, I worked outdoors from 4:30 to dark - no idea of burn, not cardio, just cleaning stalls and riding. Been experimenting with learning to cook some lighter (but quick) dinners - trying to stay away from pastas, breads, etc.
    3/9 - 142.5 AVE 142.5 - The weather was glorious Sat, I spent the entire day riding & working at the barn. Worked 4 horses Sat & 5 on Sun (Sun was cold, but ok). I have no idea what this burns, but I promise training young horses is solid work. Fri night probably way overdid it between dinner out and drinks at concert - but I kept Sat & Sun to one meal days - steak, veggies, and Dos Equis... trying to find balance.
    3/11 - 144.2 AVE 143.2 - Overdid it yesterday, I was running around from 7:00am till 10:00pm...but at least I got to feed & clean stalls last night so there's a bit of exercise. Arby's for lunch, but we split a meal... MIL made amazing enchiladas for dinner...and someone left a bag of mini snickers in the breakroom. ARGH! Not my best day, but today is going far better.
  • weatherking2019
    47, 5’2”
    CW:107.4
    GW:Maintenance
    CBF: 18.9 %
    Goal BF%: 18.5%

Goal #1:Stick to light dinner diet
    Goal #2:Drinks on weekends only
    Goal #3: OTF 4x week
    Goal #4: 10 min morning workout

09/30 109.6, 19.6%
    10/30 108, 19.1%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4%
    12/31 112, 20.6%
    01/31 110.2, 20.1%
    02/28 107.6, 18.9%
    03/01 107.4, 18.8%
    03/12 108, ??% ( I weighed myself this morning. I haven't in a bit- I will have to check BF later)

I've been sneaking #2 and having white wine with dinner! I need to finish this bottle and get back to it!🙄
  • weatherking2019
    47, 5’2”
    CW:107.4
    GW:Maintenance
    CBF: 18.9 %
    Goal BF%: 18.5%

Goal #1:Stick to light dinner diet
    Goal #2:Drinks on weekends only
    Goal #3: OTF 4x week
    Goal #4: 10 min morning workout

09/30 109.6, 19.6%
    10/30 108, 19.1%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4%
    12/31 112, 20.6%
    01/31 110.2, 20.1%
    02/28 107.6, 18.9%
    03/01 107.4, 18.8%
    03/13 107.8, 18.9%

5 more OTF classes till the Dri Tri on the 22nd. Which is
    -2000m row
    -300 body weight reps
    -5K Run
    I am confident I can get through the body weight reps. I dred the rowing, especially 2000m... I can do 1500 NP. last 500m will kill me. And if I have enough fuel to let me run 5K?? Not sure. But WHY the hell not? I had to cancel Spring Break and will be stuck here. I might as well challenge myself, right?! Crazy, maybe. 😁🙄
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    60 yo 5'4"
    Starting weight 145
    Current weight 139.6
    Goal weight 130
    weight loss goal for March 5 pounds (5 pounds down and the month is only half over)

Goals:
    1) to work up to over 40 ounces of water on all days (almost all days)
    2) to weigh and log all of my food (most day)
    3) to exercise in some fashion every day (6 out of 7 days, I danced)
    4) to be more mindful in my eating and exercise (have been enjoying both much more)
    5) weekly check ins (and here I am)

I knew I had a good week and couldn't wait to weigh in. It has been a good week.

Namaste, Kristine