What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    I follow home workout programs and I'm currently in the beta phase of T25. Today was dynamic core, glad it's done!
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    45 min swim (2600 yards)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Another of my usual of an hour on the rower again today. It was a warm one, so took the rower under indirect sun under the deck. A bit faster than yesterday, but still pretty light and easy. HR around a 70% of max average. Pace was easier than HR would have indicated. Didn't feel like a 70% max HR workout, felt more like a 60%, but I'm very much pacing myself as my body recovers from that flu. Think it was at least a few seconds faster pace than yesterday, which was 20 seconds slower than my usual per 500m (so seriously off). 11.5K meters.

I expect to pick back up to where I left off rather quickly as I recover more.
  • Clementine_5738
    Clementine_5738 Posts: 1 Member
    I did Fitness Blender's lower body pilates workout
  • jeff97266
    jeff97266 Posts: 93 Member
    edited March 2020
    Three mile jog early in the morning.

• Finafoshizzle93
    45 min swim (2500 yards)
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    I started a new Powerlifting / Bodybuilding program this week, so week 1 / 12.

Today Deadlifts 4 x 10 sets, 285 lbs

Then a complete back workout after that.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2020
    Did an hour on the rower and didn't keep the HR too far in check. Wow, flu recovery as it affects the HR is like a science experiment. I burned 1000 calories in an hour and averaged nearly 160 HR, but was slow as molasses on pace (2:32 or so). Looked like a solid AT workout but felt like a 6 or 7 out of 10 in terms of effort. Was able to yell at my puppies when they were barking too much, so I was able to talk at nearly 170 HR, so all good (my HR runs genetically high, my max is around 195 and I'm 55, so I'm kind of an anomaly).
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    No big efforts. 60 minutes weeding and digging in the yard to plant 30 bulbs. 90 more bulbs to plant another day

Then building a 20' long wood plank walk along the side of the garage for 2 hours.

Hitting tennis balls left handed against a wall for an hour. I'm beat. I skipped swimming.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    8 mile run this morning
    Strong Lifts this evening (I'm a weakling, so only at 50lb for deadlifts :# )
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2020
    90 minute row (Concept2) today (with only a short second break to pull the rower out of the rain to under the deck). 16.9K meters. Did a really nice job of mostly keeping the HR under 75% of max (145 for me).

Working my way up to a half marathon every Sunday.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    4 mile walk slated for this afternoon
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Have not been diligent logging and kcal discipline. Root cause is ibe been allowing myself a glass of wine here and there. Getting back on the horse.

Took 20 min cycling FTP test Saturday. Averaged 281 watts which estimates my FTP at 267 watts. (+15 woot woot!) Hope to get as close to 300 as I can.

Sunday, gravel ride with 2nd half on road yesterday with riding buddies. 47 miles all in.

So exercise going well. Just have to readdress kcals in.
  • MikePfirrman
    Have not been diligent logging and kcal discipline. Root cause is ibe been allowing myself a glass of wine here and there. Getting back on the horse.

Took 20 min cycling FTP test Saturday. Averaged 281 watts which estimates my FTP at 267 watts. (+15 woot woot!) Hope to get as close to 300 as I can.

Sunday, gravel ride with 2nd half on road yesterday with riding buddies. 47 miles all in.

So exercise going well. Just have to readdress kcals in.

That old rowing work is kicking in! Nice FTP test.

Today was same ol', same ol'. Easy one hour row, really just concentrating on HR, not pace. Might try a harder one tomorrow and see how some light speedwork feels.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Deadlifts 3x5
    Seated leg curl 3x8
    Kinesis high pull 3x8
    One-arm dumbbell row 3x8 each arm
    Seated row 3x10
    Cable curls 1x12, 2x10
  • Finafoshizzle93
    4.5 mile run. First outdoor run since November and it felt great!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited March 2020
    45 minutes of running and walking intervals. For the first run really of the season it wasn't bad
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2020
    12 hard speed intervals in an hour on the rower, slow rowing between. Nearly 12K meters in an hour. 5 minute warmup, 25 speed strokes, let HR drift back to 140 (145 in the second half hour), repeat again. Great lactic acid clearance drill. Around 1000 calories in the hour burned.

First hard workout since my battle with the (regular) flu. Saw some 185s in there on HR, so the ticker still works OK.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    40 min elliptical

12 push ups
    20 bicycle crunch
    Repeat 4x

6 arm curls (each side) - 20lbs
    12 weighted side crunches
    Repeat x3

10 arm rows - 25 lbs
    16 tricep kickbacks (10 lb each arm)
    Repeat 3x