What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Taco lasagna. Made a cilantro sour cream to serve with it.
  • bethan0mae
    bethan0mae Posts: 21 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    Eleven pounds worth of sushi from the Wasabi half price sale, which starts a half hour before closing which is around the time I leave the office. There is conveniently a branch underneath my workplace. Will make miso soup at home to go with that.

Might be wrong.. and I hope I am very very wrong...... BUT raw seafood, from a takeout place and the virus going around??? Maybe think twice about how much that half price is worth it to you?

https://www.openfit.com/coronavirus-meat-seafood

Basically: eat your food in peace, just wash your bloody hands.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @just_Tomek are you a chef or do you have culinary training? All your pics look editorial and yummy.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Gratin dauphinois warmed up from the freezer, a Cumberland sausage that was languishing at the bottom of the freezer, sautéed spinach and tomato salad. Hubby cooked.
    r4lrxx793k16.jpeg
  • bethan0mae
    bethan0mae Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2020
    bethan0mae wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    Eleven pounds worth of sushi from the Wasabi half price sale, which starts a half hour before closing which is around the time I leave the office. There is conveniently a branch underneath my workplace. Will make miso soup at home to go with that.

Might be wrong.. and I hope I am very very wrong...... BUT raw seafood, from a takeout place and the virus going around??? Maybe think twice about how much that half price is worth it to you?

https://www.openfit.com/coronavirus-meat-seafood

Basically: eat your food in peace, just wash your bloody hands.

thats you. You should be doing this regardless of the virus or not. Personal hygene. But do you trust the ppl prepping your food to be doing the same? I sure as hell dont.

Not quite sure what you're suggesting. The "you" here is generalised. Not sure there's an awful lot of difference between a sushi chef and the person laying down your cutlery at a restaurant where the food is cooked. Or touching the chair you're sitting on, or a handrail on the stairs, or the bathroom door, or the parking metre machine, or your shopping basket/cart. Wash your hands because everything you touch could somehow be infected - not just the raw food you eat. Nationwide isolation has been put in place for a reason - because it's not about eating sushi, it's about touching literally anything.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Nickkph wrote: »
    clq38vazrqgy.jpeg

This breaks today’s fast 😍 Homemade pasta w/ sun dried tomatoes, baby carrots, bell pepper, red onion, Parmesan, mozzy & parsley oil topped with a grilled tuna steak.

Looks like chef material 🔥
  • acpgee
    Singapore chicken curry, salad with Japanese Gina dressing, cherry tomatoes with Indonesian lalab dressing, rice.
    7rl0nov1sr6j.jpeg
  • acpgee
    grr. spellchecker. goma dressing.
  • acpgee
    Bhel puri chaat and a kachori.
    5ky578sq1j9b.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Salad with orange, Gorgonzola, candied pecans. Main of pasta shells with mushroom sauce.
    auca9butcg6y.jpeg
    w7yvr7icxv5o.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Catching up with ex colleagues over dim sum lunch In Chinatown.
    0fcwrkb1fodz.jpeg
    yxq2sztb70x8.jpeg
    2ttdizjjylvn.jpeg
    a74ytedbz0rl.jpeg
    zghukxeyxdtw.jpeg
    sjo2rq90d2vs.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Tahini mousse pie:
    m17k0ibrzmho.jpg

yummy - do you put halva in it too?
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Tahini mousse pie:
    m17k0ibrzmho.jpg

I didn't, though that would've been a good addition (I think the original recipe I used called for some as a topping, but I didn't have any around)! The filling is basically whipped cream folded into tahini with some sugar. It's really tasty. :)
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Tahini mousse pie:
    m17k0ibrzmho.jpg

I didn't, though that would've been a good addition (I think the original recipe I used called for some as a topping, but I didn't have any around)! The filling is basically whipped cream folded into tahini with some sugar. It's really tasty. :)

@Noreenmarie1234 made me think of you and your new found love of halva from new products thread