MARCH '20 GLUTES AND LEGS CHALLENGE (4 WEEKS)

Replies

• micronirav
    micronirav Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2020
    Dear micronirav, I'll nudge you, don't you worry. :-) We'll all post our updates here. That is an amazing loss and I'm proud of your progress. You've shown perseverance and that paid up! 3.5 years is true commitment. Great work!

Thanks for your encouraging words. Yesterday was day 1 for me. Apart from running 2 miles I did set 1 from your post above with 2 lbs ankle weight on each ankle. And 10 mins of abs excercises from other workout. My legs were jello. Lol. Feeling little better now. Today I will do set 2 from above and chest exercises.
  • TinaZ2018
    TinaZ2018 Posts: 314 Member
    March, 4th: second day (this first week I use the same equipment)
    -bouncing squat to a curtsy holding a 3kg
    -weightkickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 1kg weight (I had to improvise here ๐Ÿ˜ tying my dumbbells)
    -side-side crab walks/clam shells with minimum resistance band
    -standing side leg raise with 1kg
    -deadlift holding 2x3kg dumbbellsRomanian
    - Bulgarian split squat holding 3 kg dumbells
    - bridges with 5kg weighted bag (or so - I just filled something with sand ๐Ÿ˜)

I felt even better today - I don't know if the 4 tonnes of coffee had something to do with this. I had more equilibrium in my body. I still have to buy some equipment- I hope this Sunday to go and finish my job๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜.

Have a good day everyone!

I'm so proud of you! Not only that you've stuck with it but you improvised with your weights. You are an example!
    Yeah.. Lately I've been drinking 2 strong big coffees per day (500ml), so I get it. Take care!

Also, regarding my balance issue I've mentioned above (single leg dead lift), thank you for sending me this.
    It's so useful!
    https://youtu.be/ViVhUZGk6i4
  • denisaarsene
    denisaarsene Posts: 41 Member
    -weightkickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 1kg weight (I had to improvise here ๐Ÿ˜ tying my dumbbells)
    - bridges with 5kg weighted bag (or so - I just filled something with sand ๐Ÿ˜)

I felt even better today - I don't know if the 4 tonnes of coffee had something to do with this. I had more equilibrium in my body. I still have to buy some equipment- I hope this Sunday to go and finish my job๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜.

I'm so proud of you! Not only that you've stuck with it but you improvised with your weights. You are an example!
    Yeah.. Lately I've been drinking 2 strong big coffees per day (500ml), so I get it. Take care!

Also, regarding my balance issue I've mentioned above (single leg dead lift), thank you for sending me this.
    It's so useful!
    https://youtu.be/ViVhUZGk6i4

Thank you so very much! It was really important that technique- it felt really better than first day. Tomorrow I'll go buy what I still need.
  • TinaZ2018
    I've tried it today. I definitely felt improvement but I still have balance issues (I don't open my hips).
  • TinaZ2018
    Day 1&2 finished (4-5 of March).

Week 1:
    • bouncing squat to a curtsy holding a 3kg weight
    • kickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 1kg ankle weight
    • side-side crab walks/clam shells with medium with medium (14-16kg) resistance band
    • standing side leg raise with 1kg ankle weight
    • single leg deadlift holding 2x3kg dumbbells
    • Romanian deadlift with 12kg kettlebell
    • single Bulgarian split squat holding 2x1kg dumbells
    • weighted bridges with 5kg weighted bag

Day 3 finished (9th of March).
    Week 2:

bouncing squat to a curtsy holding a 3kg weight (my knees hurt even without weight, so I don't want to increase this one)
    kickbacks/donkey kicks/leg circles/fire hydrants with 2kg ankle weight
    side-side crab walks/clam shells with medium (14-16kg) resistance band
    standing side leg raise with 2kg ankle weight
    single leg deadlift holding 2x3kg dumbbells
    Romanian deadlift with 12kg kettlebell
    single Bulgarian split squat holding 3kg dumbells
    weighted bridges with 5kg weighted bag

I love this workout. Gets me sweating like a pig. :-)))
    The scale isn't moving yet but I can see the progress in the mirror.
    vm170xibnbrs.jpg

• MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I am finally not sick any more! I will be starting today! Better late than never! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ•ถ
  • micronirav
    Friday, 6th march was cheat day for me. Met old friends of mine and had good food and drinks. ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฏ. Some of them I met after 5 years and they all surprised to see me. The compliments I got really made my day. Lol

Saturday, 7th March I ran for 4 miles. I couldn't do other workout as had to take my kids for their classes.

Sunday, 8th March. Did set 2 of your challenge and 30 mins full body workout. Felt really great after that. I was sweating bullets. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • TinaZ2018
    I am finally not sick any more! I will be starting today! Better late than never! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ•ถ

Yay! It's not problem. I started a bit late myself. :-)
    I'm glad you feel better!
  • TinaZ2018
    Friday, 6th march was cheat day for me. Met old friends of mine and had good food and drinks. ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒฎ๐ŸŒฏ. Some of them I met after 5 years and they all surprised to see me. The compliments I got really made my day. Lol

Saturday, 7th March I ran for 4 miles. I couldn't do other workout as had to take my kids for their classes.

Sunday, 8th March. Did set 2 of your challenge and 30 mins full body workout. Felt really great after that. I was sweating bullets. ๐Ÿ˜€

That's great! Who doesn't enjoy a compliment? :-)
    Keep up the good work!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Day 1: I did 2 out of your 3 sets and then 7 minutes for Abs from Strong by Zumba + 5 min Planks. Didn't have weights (the 750ml water bottles were a joke), so I increased the reps and added some exercises.

Day 2: Found my sand weights - delighted!, time to move to the next level. However, I chose Le Sweat, 30 mins HIIT. As I had told you I bike to work and want to run at least once a week, so I need to work my upper body too... Also, working out first ging in the morning is a challenge by itself. Need to make it a little fun ๐Ÿ˜.

Day 3 (Sat night, old style schedule ๐Ÿ˜”): did this Barre workout (see day 5, I liked that one more): Tina, you sure feel your booty and thighs with that one and there's not much jumping, so you might like it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Day 4: Mo, 9.3., as agreed ๐Ÿ˜‰ with Tina. Tried Tina's suggestion "Intense FULL BODY STRENGTH Workout". Frankly, it was not so intense. My sand weights for arms are about 1kg each, so for most exercises I held on my ankle sand weights, too. I NEED dumbels, have I already mentioned that? ๐Ÿ˜

Day 5: for some reason, the alarm went off at 6. On non workout days, I wake up at 6:45. So I used the extra minutes on this: Ended it all with a 4min planks combo. Cause, yeah, another challenge I'm in ๐Ÿ˜‰.
    When I'll have time, I'll try her 45min workout.

Next time I need 1h, to try out Tina's
    FULL BODY HIIT Workout // Strength + Cardio
    But this might not happen on Wednesday, usually I need about 15min to get into gear after waking up. I guess browsing the MFP posts pre-workout is not the best strategy โ˜บ๏ธ.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • micronirav
    Yesterday 9th March was day 5 for me. Ran for 1 mile, then did below. I still cannot catch up with their speed. But trying my best.

https://youtu.be/bdCX8Nb_2Mg
  • micronirav
    dewit wrote: ยป
    Day 1: I did 2 out of your 3 sets and then 7 minutes for Abs from Strong by Zumba + 5 min Planks. Didn't have weights (the 750ml water bottles were a joke), so I increased the reps and added some exercises.

Day 2: Found my sand weights - delighted!, time to move to the next level. However, I chose Le Sweat, 30 mins HIIT. As I had told you I bike to work and want to run at least once a week, so I need to work my upper body too... Also, working out first ging in the morning is a challenge by itself. Need to make it a little fun ๐Ÿ˜.

Day 3 (Sat night, old style schedule ๐Ÿ˜”): did this Barre workout (see day 5, I liked that one more): Tina, you sure feel your booty and thighs with that one and there's not much jumping, so you might like it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Day 4: Mo, 9.3., as agreed ๐Ÿ˜‰ with Tina. Tried Tina's suggestion "Intense FULL BODY STRENGTH Workout". Frankly, it was not so intense. My sand weights for arms are about 1kg each, so for most exercises I held on my ankle sand weights, too. I NEED dumbels, have I already mentioned that? ๐Ÿ˜

Day 5: for some reason, the alarm went off at 6. On non workout days, I wake up at 6:45. So I used the extra minutes on this: Ended it all with a 4min planks combo. Cause, yeah, another challenge I'm in ๐Ÿ˜‰.

But this might not happen on Wednesday, usually I need about 15min to get into gear after waking up. I guess browsing the MFP posts pre-workout is not the best strategy โ˜บ๏ธ.

Amazing.
  • TinaZ2018
    dewit wrote: ยป

Hi!
    Unfortunately none of the links work. :-( Could you please re-post?
    Regarding the "Intense FULL BODY STRENGTH Workout", keep in mind that all my suggestions are for beginners and you surely aren't one. That workout was really hard for me.
    From what I've recommended, the only one Advanced is "Monster Monday At-Home HIIT Workout". Maybe you should skip the rest (that are only good for the warm-up for you) and try the Monster one. :-)

Keep up the good work! Well done!

• TinaZ2018
    Yesterday 9th March was day 5 for me. Ran for 1 mile, then did below. I still cannot catch up with their speed. But trying my best.

https://youtu.be/bdCX8Nb_2Mg

This looks great! I'll try it.
  • denisaarsene
    denisaarsene Posts: 41 Member

10 March - 3rd day 1st week finished. Same materials
  • dewit

Hi!
    Unfortunately none of the links work. :-( Could you please re-post?
    Regarding the "Intense FULL BODY STRENGTH Workout", keep in mind that all my suggestions are for beginners and you surely aren't one. That workout was really hard for me.
    From what I've recommended, the only one Advanced is "Monster Monday At-Home HIIT Workout". Maybe you should skip the rest (that are only good for the warm-up for you) and try the Monster one. :-)

Keep up the good work! Well done!
    Wish I could edit, but that's possible only within 1h from posting. So here we go:

I liked the first better. Am willing to try her 45 mins' workout.

Now planning on tomorrow's workout and maybe order adjustable dumb bells before going to sleep.

@micronirav thanks for the feedback. Thought noone would read my long report. Not doing bad yourself ;-) :thumbsup:

@Tina2018: you're overestimating me! The trainer looks like a professional and her muscles... I would not keep up with her, dunno if I should even dare trying!

• dewit
    edited March 2020

Day 6: this was killing!
    https://www.popsugar.co.uk/fitness/Advanced-Full-Body-HIIT-Workout-44952188
  • TinaZ2018
    [quote=
    https://www.popsugar.co.uk/fitness/Advanced-Full-Body-HIIT-Workout-44952188 [/quote]

Not sure why you videos appear under a Spoiler button.
    I saved them both. The last one looks like torture, so I'm gonna try it. :D
  • dewit
    Not sure why you videos appear under a Spoiler button.

Because I choose to put them like this. Html basic knowledge. A tad geeky.

I dont like it when the threads have one message filling up the whole page, with Day 1 to Day 30 listed ln each row for 1 Person. I post this way in the planks challenge for the same reason. You're just one click away from seeing them, hope that's not a hurdle...

• dewit

https://www.popsugar.co.uk/fitness/Advanced-Full-Body-HIIT-Workout-44952188

Day 7: Tina's suggestion, warmup and Set 1. I dont have a rubber band, so tried this for inner thighs ๐Ÿ˜:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgABTW7OSXQ
    I like her so much better than the omG Justiz, with her 5m blah blah intro.

I ordered adjustable dumb bells, should get them over the weekend. I am so excited. Now I just have to find a suitable strength routine. ๐Ÿค”