What We're Eating

Replies

• hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Thank you selzermint555. I hope your mom feels better soon also..I'll be keep both of you in my thoughts
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Yesterday
    Breakfast

whole grapefruit and a cup of green tea

Lunch:
    cup of emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    Double cheeseburger w/everything, crinkled fries w/ketchup and hot sauce, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    cup of black raspberry ice cream, large slightly green banana, handful of walnuts, black and green olives

Today
    Breakfast:
    whole grapefruit w/cup of green tea to drink

Lunch:
    cup of roasted dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    Bone in smothered pork chop, rice and gravy, broccolli, cauliflower, glass of 100% cherry juice to drink

After dinner dessert and/or late night snack:
    slice of plain cheesecake w/fresh strawberries and blueberries, handful of walnuts, maybe another whole grapefruit
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Avid reader of this thread, and once-in-a-while poster.

Breakfast: 1 serving pancakes made with protein powder and cinnamon, topped with sugar free maple syrup

Lunch: turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with a slice of American cheese, a little honey mustard and a little mayo (my boyfriend made it for me and used probably 6 slices of turkey when I normally use 2-3 — he always over-feeds me lol); kale that used to be kale chips but they lost their crispiness so now it's kale salad

Snack: probably a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter while I wait for dinner

Dinner: red lentil penne with marinara and a nutritional yeast, plus a size of "Prince Edward" vegetable blend (found it in the frozen aisle, it's a medley of different colored string beans and carrots)
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: 2 coffees with creamer
    Lunch: Honey Dijon and bacon salad
    Snack: Mango and pineapple protein shake, later on a cheese stick
    Dinner: Serving and a half of homemade chili topped with oyster crackers and mild cheddar cheese
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: fried egg with Panola hot sauce, toaster waffle with lemon curd, coffee

Lunch: split peas w/ carrot & onion, scoop of cottage cheese, whole Fuji apple

Dinner: edamame noodles with peanut stir fry (zucchini, peas, carrots & onion), later a one scoop marshmallow sundae.
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: black cherry Greek yogurt, coffee

Lunch: bowl of chili at Freddy's Custard, topped with onions & cheese and 1 packet of oyster crackers

Snack: blackberries

Dinner: TVP baked potato with sour cream, steamed broccoli & sauteed mushrooms
  • GirlWithCookies
    Breakfast: 1 serving pancakes made with protein powder and cinnamon, topped with sugar free maple syrup

Lunch: turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with little honey mustard and a little mayo; kale that used to be kale chips but they lost their crispiness so now it's kale salad

Snack: couple spoonfuls of peanut butter while I wait for dinner

Dinner: nice helping of brown rice mixed with vegetable medley (string beans, peas, corn, carrots) and a dash of Formosa hot sauce, two hardboiled eggs
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast. Protein chocolate shake and a large banana. Coffee and a litter of water.
    Lunch very large veggie salad with mozzarella cheese ,croutons and a Seeded whole grain dinner roll. Large diet coke.
    Dinner TBD
    Still going back and forth to hospital to oversee my mom. Trying to eat things that are quick but still healthy..
    Seeing chili on menu's is giving me a craving.😊
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast:
    whole grapefruit w/cup of green tea to drink

Lunch:
    cup of roasted dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    2 big slices of Deep dish sausage/cheese/spinach pizza, ice water to drink

chocolate chip cannoli & cup of coffee w/cream, handful of walnuts, 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese, black olives
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Breakfast: Two pieces 647 italian bread, with two tablespoons peanut butter, and two hard-boiled eggs. Coffee with sugar.
    Lunch: Two chicken feta spinach sausages with spring mix, strawberries, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Balsalmic dressing. Some of my coworker's broccoli from her chicken and broccoli (she doesn't do vegetables :worried:
    Dinner: Ground beef and stir fry vegetables in a soy/rice vinegar/sesame oil sauce.
    Snacks: Two Pink Lady apples, a strawberry cheesecake Quest bar (blech, never again), and a fun size lemon kit kat.
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: blackberries, raspberry Greek yogurt, chia seeds & oats mixed in. Coffee.

Lunch: turkey & pickles w/ mayo & mustard on wheat bread, stuffed grape leaves, and 1 oz sharp cheddar.

Dinner: vegan pumpkin pancakes with cranberries, whipped topping & sugar-free syrup. Decaf coffee.
  • GirlWithCookies
    Today

Breakfast: 1 serving pancakes made with protein powder and cinnamon, topped with sugar free maple syrup (Monday-Wednesday are my longest work days, so I pre-made these pancakes Sunday night, hence the same breakfast three days in a row)

Lunch: most likely a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Snack: probably something from the work vending machine like a pack of nuts or a granola bar

Dinner: brown rice mixed with vegetable medley (string beans, peas, corn, carrots) and some sort of hot sauce (I finished the Formosa last night), two over-easy eggs

Can't wait for payday so I can grocery shop!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2020
    Breakfast: trail mix granola bar
    Lunch: homemade egg salad on a piece of whole grain white bread with pineapple
    Afternoon snack: caramelized onion hummus and celery
    Dinner: sloppy joe sandwich with sauteed green beans
    After dinner snack: strawberry icecream
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Almonds, decaf coffee

Lunch: Vegan ramen cup, cashew cranberry almond trail mix

Dinner: Sushi bowl (rice, nori, sweet potatoes, pickled ginger, soy dressing)

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited March 2020
    Breakfast:
    whole grapefruit w/cup of green tea to drink ( I don't know what it is about my devouring grapefruit of late, I've NEVER been a "grapefruit person") but they are/have been soooooooo ultra good and I LOVE them now.

Lunch:

Dinner:
    avocado caesar salad, blackened scallops, 1/2 baked potato w/butter, bacon, cheese, scallions and sour cream)
    ice water to drink

Crème Brûlée & cup of coffee w/cream, maybe another whole grapefruit
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast:
    whole grapefruit w/cup of green tea to drink ( I don't know what it is about my devouring grapefruit of late, I've NEVER been a "grapefruit person") but they are/have been soooooooo ultra good and I LOVE them now.

Lunch:

Dinner:
    avocado caesar salad, blackened scallops, 1/2 baked potato w/butter, bacon, cheese, scallions and sour cream)
    ice water to drink

Your recent grapefruit love sounds like me with oranges! I've never been too into them and the past few months, I can't get enough!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:
    ice water to drink

Your recent grapefruit love sounds like me with oranges! I've never been too into them and the past few months, I can't get enough!

I know right?!? It's like eating candy (or a "treat") loaded with juice or something to that effect to/for me. I'm actually eating them like I would an orange--that's sooooo different and YUM to/for me of late!
  • onehottomatodmz
    onehottomatodmz Posts: 26 Member
    BLT-bagel, lettuce, tomato made fast with precooked bacon01fu5nx9tpfw.jpeg
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    I made a Pitaya bowl for breakfast zucchini pancakes w cream cheese ( vegan) half avacado w hemp seed dusted on top for am snack for lunch will be pad Thai and chili tamari tofu and dinner will be hemp nuggets with a mixed greens salad w kalamata olives and pecans w a mustard vinaigrette
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & blackberry preserves, coffee.

Lunch: brown rice & veggie meatballs w/ mushroom gravy, whole orange.

Snack: coconut almond chocolate egg, dandelion tea

Dinner: black bean nachos with tons of sauteed peppers/onions, Monterey jack cheese, salsa & sour cream.