LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Hey all!
    I'm sorry I've been MIA
    I swear I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything. Just nothing has been going on really and I haven't been any closer to OMADing again so haven't been posting.

Did have a bad blip this past weekend with my damn tooth. Bit down on just regular food and felt instant nerve pain. Got extremely cold sensitive for a couple of days and ached constantly, but thankfully it's better now.

And yeah, just doing my thing still, but frustrated.
    I'm at my breaking point with carnivore. With more and more people I see posting on carnivore forums and whatnot, it ALWAYS seems like these people lost their weight first on keto... never on carnivore.
    I've been thinking... maybe I should switch back to keto to lose weight and then MAYBE going more meat based keto in the future for maintenance if I feel like like it.
    I dunno though. Just frustrated at the lack of weight loss.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hang in there babe and if it's not working, change it up!!! If nothing else, it'll break up the monotony ;)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I agree with Steph ---if it isn't working for you, maybe do something different......A lot of us have tried and gone back to what works best for us....we are all different and so are our bodies.....for me, no way I could do low carb.....I like bread too much :) and it doesn't work for me long-term......You do you boo :) we are here for you!!! <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Yes, if that is not working for you right now, switch to something else and then, later on, you can always go back to carnivore. For me, I am a carbo person....so, I can't do carnivore at all. May be you can go for the egg diet to loose some pounds? I know you are quite familiar with the egg diet. Keep looking for the one which works. Know that we are all here for ya <3
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    That’s exactly it: everyBODY is different!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    I feel so good eating meat, but I cannot live only with it, I just love too much variety in daily things and also in my plate :)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks everyone.
    I told myself I'd give carnivore 1 more month with exercise and see how it goes, so I'll be doing that for March. If I feel like nothing is still happening, I'm going to switch back to keto and hopefully continue the exercise.
    It's just that dang exercise part that's going to be the tough part.
    I did some today. Going to try to do it before I get comfortable after dropping my daughter off at school. Get it over and done with and then I can be lazy for the rest of the day lol. And then take weekends off to rest. Plus I just don't like exercising while DH is home. He doesn't judge or anything... I dunno... I'm just not comfortable exercising in front of him for some reason. He's never NEVER given me reason to be uncomfortable.. just my own insecurities.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I'm the same way!!! Even though Ced loved me at 210 and loves me at 150 (actually I kinda think he preferred me heavier but still tell me how proud he is of my weight loss and how beautiful I am....I got lucky in the that department) AND he encourages me to "shape up" and do some healthy exercise regularly for my health - he'd NEVER EVER judge or make fun of me, but I'd still struggle to work out in front of him BIG TIME - of course I struggle to work out BIG TIME PERIOD!!! I just can't get motivated to do it - my conclusion is that it's just not important enough for me to prioritize and I have to be ok with that <3

Keep fighting the good fight!!! We'll get there!!! :)
  • jadepearl
    Hang in there, girl friend <3 I know exercise is hard but it works. Please do measure yourself as its proof that you are loosing inches and your body is getting into its right composition. Same as DH, he doesn't judge but I think its just me, I just can't huff and puff in front of him even though we have been married for 24 year... :lol:
    Don't give up! Keep trying... Fighting!!!

67ngcm96ne9o.jpg
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    LiLee hon, this is a normal way to feel, but you know, it is SO worth getting past it. Exercise is so, so, SO good for you, and when you find something you love it's so much fun!

I was back on my way to getting fit again with the Big Fit Girl program (which is AMAZING) when I sustained an injury and had to stop. I'm losing weight right now so that the physiotherapist's work on my injury will actually do something, but exercise is high on my list of things to do as soon as I possibly can.

A government organisation in the UK discovered that women give up exercise en masse because of self-consciousness: they couldn't exercise in front of others, and didn't like to feel their bodies bounce. This started a campaign that has had huge impact around the world: This Girl Can.

I watched the This Girl Can video over and over and over again until I felt my mind shift. It made a massive difference. Check it out here.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good luck with your plan next month, as you said if it's not working then you can change it, easy peasy :)
  • LiLee2018
    Hey everyone!!
    I'm still here, just not even thinking about any sort of fasting ATM.
    I was going to give carnivore until the end of the month, but nope.
    Decided that I was going to track, just to see how many calories I was eating and on a very light eating day... I was already at about 1400. On any other day, I would've eaten at least double the amount I did on that day.
    I just knew right then and there that I needed to switch back to keto b/c there was no way I was going to be able to count calories and still feel satisfied while eating carnivore.
    I mean.... I wasn't gaining weight eating that much though, so that's something at least. Even eating a TON of meat, I gained no weight on the scale from it.
    That would've been great if I was at an ideal weight, but I'm not.
    I NEED to lose more for my overall health and unfortunately, carnivore just isn't going to help me achieve it.
    I'm glad i did it. Frustrated by it obviously, but it's all about learning and I've learned that keto is how I'm going to start losing again.
    I went out this morning and bought veggies and plan on having myself a giant salad tonight for dinner!

Also bought pea protein powder. I REALLY don't want my hair to start falling out again and now that I'm back to tracking again and not being able to eat the amount of meat that I had been, I'm going to need to get extra protein from somewhere.
    Read that pea protein raises insulin slower than whey protein which is why I got it. Damn is it more expensive though.

Anyway... I am still hanging in here overall... just not focused on trying to IF/OMAD again.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I understand Lisa, we have to get things worked out one at a time. No need stressing the body extra with IF/OMAD when you are still figuring out/adjusting to WOE that is going to best work for you. Once you get in a good groove with Keto and are getting the results you want to see, then you can add in IF/OMADing. We are here for you whichever way you choose.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I concur - I'd die with both carnivore and restricting calories, I just know I couldn't do both - and if the one you had chosen wasn't producing results, then you're right to switch it up :) No point restricting if it's not doing what you want! :)

Love the added protein - I get plenty, but many people don't with their "normal" diet so good on ya :) certainly cant hurt :)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall. I'm pretty happy with my decision to go back keto and I enjoyed the hell out of my salad tonight lol.
    It definitely wasn't as filling as just meat.

And the pea protein powder I bought is NASTY lol. Chocolate flavored, but tastes like plastic vegetables. Like not even a specific veggie... just a general veggie flavor. It's so weird and bleh! I aid $25 dollar for it though so I'm gonna have to force that crap down lol
  • jadepearl
    Hi there and welcome back <3 It really doesn't matter which way you want to go as long as you're comfortable with it. For me, I just can't do carnivore as I am more of a carbo person. Just have to find something which you are comfy with and that you can really stick to :) Pea protein powder sounds terrible :( Hope you bought a small bottle :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Eggs are a good source of protein and you can eat quite a few since they are only 70 calories each. I used to make an egg scramble which had 6 eggs, bacon or sausage, broccoli and cheese. It was alot and filled me up. I would say it was between 800 and 1000 calories depending on how much meat I put in. I hope you dont have to continue taking that disgusting pea powder :(
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    So glad you are doing well and have figured out what works for you. I love my carbs too much to restrict them, but I am sure you will do great. You just do you boo <3 and we are all here to support you :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    YUCKKKKKKKKKKK yeah I never "like" the flavor of any of those supplements, and I've tried ALL of them HAHAHHAA - I've given up and I'm just sticking w getting my macros through fooooooooooood LOL <3
  • jadepearl
    I love eggs too...you can really be full and still be in the lower end of your calories <3