The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @RubyRed427 I absolutely LOVED that read It started off so full of despair but then it ended with so much hope. Thank you for sharing . Welcome to all the new folks! Please feel free to share your sober tips!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @bigmanatee You are funny :) We are also watching our 401K go up in flames. Oh well, what are you going to do. Welcome to our MFP family.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Happy Monday all(I hate daylight savings time!) @bigmanatee I've wondered if my lack of drinking has affected Bud light stock often😆 Ruby Red, I'll read the article here in a minute, just wanted to say hello and pledge I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day 💗
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Happy Monday all(I hate daylight savings time!) @bigmanatee I've wondered if my lack of drinking has affected Bud light stock often😆 Ruby Red, I'll read the article here in a minute, just wanted to say hello and pledge I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day 💗

I'm with you on the time change absolutely for certain!!! R-r-r-r-r-r!! I wish they would just leave things as they are with more light in the evenings. One day................................!! Congrats on another 24 <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Welcome to all who are newly on board with us here working toward an AF life!! So supportive and encouraging to see the many comments.

@RubyRed427 That article was definitely worst-case scenario! The progression of alcoholism is scary from alcohol initially being the answer to social anxiety and then to the drinker eventually ending up being alone as the disease takes hold. And ALL the time and disasters in between!! I've seen people go down that road and don't want to be one of them. LOVE being sober!! :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Today is my 30 day mark. I've also been on strict bed rest for a month, & have another 3-4 weeks to go. It has been such a physical, mental, & emotional drain, that I am equally shocked & thankful that I've been able to do it without alcohol in the mix.

Congratulations on 30 days! Hope you heal up quickly,bed rest would drive me crazy! Jen,I laughed at your swimsuit weigh in🤣 leggings are a good bet for weigh ins I think 😎 7:09 am in Vegas another 24 of no drinking-its gross have a wonderful AF day all 💗
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited March 2020
    JenT304 wrote: »
    OK I went to the dietitian this morning and I've lost 4 lbs! I realize that is not a ton for 2 weeks BUT it's better than zero! Instead of high fiving we bumped elbows and made heart hands at each other LOL. She said keep up the good work. TIP: Do you love tuna salad? Mix the tuna with Tzatziki dip (the Greek stuff) instead. I could not really taste the dif in my sandwich yesterday. If you can't find it, ,maybe some Greek yogurt instead? A lot of little changes add up to lbs. Also if you like avocado, try mixing that with your eggs to make egg salad instead of mayo.. Good and healthy fat!

That is 2 lbs per week! That is an awesome loss in my book! I'll take that any day! :)

Congrats to you!