Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• Fuerte_2020
    Fuerte_2020 Posts: 5 Member
    Go to the gym this morning, 30 minutes cardio, then a full body dumbbell session. It WILL happen.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    today:
    --get house chores done
    --get in Saturday jiu-jitsu class since I didn't make it last night
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    today:
    --get house chores done
    --get in Saturday jiu-jitsu class since I didn't make it last night

You might really enjoy the We Are The Warriors group on here...lots of challenges and posts and step increases...I have been in it since the first of the year...every month is different and there is a chef,fitness expert and nutritionist as group leaders...weight challenges etc
  • bmeadows380
    thanks, connie, but I'd rather stay away from challenges and competitions for the most part; they usually do the opposite to me of what they are intended to do, and instead of motivating me, they usually stress me out. I'm an Eeyore personality and an active member of the Murphy's Law Club :)

For Today:

--keep under calorie count
    --try to get some activity in
    --stick to the meal plan for today since it has me hitting protein and fiber goals (that means avoiding dessert at dinner)
  • bmeadows380
    For Today:

--keep under calorie count - done, as long as I can get in bed before caving in for a snack
    --try to get some activity in - done and then some!
    --stick to the meal plan for today - done, including avoiding the dessert and going for a low fat yogurt instead!

I am amused by my fitness tracker; I'm the pianist for my church, and we had choir practice today. I always go in an hour to play and warm up, then practice was another hour, with the service itself a little over an hour. My tracker counted steps while I was playing the piano - makes it look like I put in 13,000 steps today, when in reality it was closer to 8,000! :lol:

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    My daily goal is to ensure I have a deficit and no eating after 8pm.

My calf has now bruised so it's likely to be a torn muscle, rather than sprained, so I cant exercise or walk far I'm not even getting 3000 steps at the moment :'(
  • bmeadows380
    I am sore this morning! My class last night was a workout and a half! But that's a good thing, right? makes me wish, though, that I had my mother's nice, deep, claw foot bathtub......

So anyway, goals for today:

--stay under calorie limit
    --get those 5,000+ steps in
    --stick to meal plan to get protein and fiber goals
  • conniewilkins56
    Back to the basics...take today one hour at a time....I can do this....refocus and carry on....
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    @conniewilkins56 and celebrate each 250 step count per hour you make!
  • bmeadows380

--stay under calorie limit
    --get those 5,000+ steps in
    --stick to meal plan to get protein and fiber goals

check, check, and check
  • conniewilkins56
    Keep doing what I did yesterday!...make each hour count and yes, celebrate every hours 250 steps!....be strong!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    For today:
    • Morning Run
    • Afternoon Walk
    • 10,000+ steps
    • Stay within budget
    • Swimming in public for the first time in years
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    It's my 3rd day of having a good deficit, and I've resisted eating after 8pm too.
    Missing the exercise though.
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Oh boy- my daughter’s birthday sleepover is cancelled due to virus hysteria and we have SO much junk food in the house that the tweens were supposed to eat up! Tonight we are having movie night just small/family so my goal is to indulge a little but use moderation.
  • bmeadows380
    today's goals:

--try to get my 6,000 steps in (my tracker is set to 5,500, but I'm trying to slowly increase that)
    --stick to meal plan for the day (yesterday I found myself wanting to snack because I had my calories allotted badly)
    --get my house cleaned (my cats have made a mess!)
  • brittanynicholex
    brittanynicholex Posts: 34 Member
    drink at least ONE of my containers of water (its 64 oz). I have really been struggling with my water intake (my liquid intake in general if I'm being honest). I'd like to aim for at least 2-2.5 if i'm trying to stick to the whole half your body weight in ounces rule of thumb, but I think powering through one right now is a good starting point.

This is as of 3/22/20

Other goals I have are to hit more than 6k steps a day, i'd like to work up to 10k but with the COVID stuff going on, and we just got our first confirmed case in my county finally I'm a little iffy on going to walk. Until then my ringfit i guess will be my pal.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    I dug out my DVD player and my beachbody videos and I'm going to attempt the first video today.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    papayahed wrote: »
    I dug out my DVD player and my beachbody videos and I'm going to attempt the first video today.

Done! The first video was only an introduction and fit test but it still counts! (Yes, I'm bored)
  • bmeadows380
    To Do today:

clean bathroom
    water plants
    wash dishes
    take out garbage

get my starter seeds planted
    get 45 minutes minimum in on the elliptical
    look for practice routines I can do from Youtube

Hey - it's only 10 AM here and I already have half my list done! lol
  • conniewilkins56
    My goal today is like almost every day...get thru the day staying on plan...the only exception is to keep my sanity with all six of us in the house indefinitely!