What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Air fryer pork tenderloin with a creole rib, french fries and a green leaf and spinach salad.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Spaghetti with pesto.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    I made the turbo bread-it was so easy!
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    3 egg chorizo stack - scram eggs, chorizo, two corn tortillas, shredded jack and cheddar
  • snowflake954
    Fish baked skin on in the oven, potatoes, zucchini, and onions baked until crispy in the oven and a dessert made with ricotta, cinnamon, and raspberry jam in a thin cookie crust shell.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    I made the turbo bread-it was so easy!

Once you've gone over to the Dark Side of the Force, there's no way back, LOL! I now make about 80% of our annual bread - a bunch of varieties - but all rooted to this no-knead turbo method.
  • mjbnj0001
    Monday evening dinner: a creamy tomato chicken-mushroom saute over tri-color couscous with side sauteed asparagus. Took this one straight from youtube with only a couple of improvs: rounded-up Imperial measurements but otherwise similar proportions and quantities (recipe in metric); I tempered the yogurt with some of the hot tomato sauce before adding it into the mix (to prevent the yogurt from "breaking"); and I got rid of some of the chicken/mushroom moisture before final combining so that the end result was a more medium-consistency sauce. Very good, and all in less than an hour from commencing prep. I've landed on this youtube channel a couple of times, and I'm finding some of her recipes interesting to try. For this one, I'd "mod" it next time around by also adding an additional veg of some sort. MFP recipe builder computes this plate (plus a small 2nd helping) at 903 cals, 59g protein, 36g fat, 85g carb. As cooked, this quantity well satisfied 3 adults tonight.

8i5jhl3ibzui.jpg

mpi2efs15ngw.jpg

https://youtu.be/aEW8puqb3ew
  • weatherking2019
    Quinoa bowl with Ground turkey, Zucchini, Onions and Chickpeas (w/sriracha!)
  • snowflake954
    Spaghetti with clams, EVOO, garlic, red pepper, black pepper and white wine.
  • mjbnj0001
    edited March 2020
    Tuesday evening dinner: lemon-yogurt marinated baked/broiled chicken. Rounding out a Greek-inspired meal with homemade tzatziki sauce, brown rice and horiatiki salad. Repurposed tortillas stood in for pita. I haven't yet computed my MFP macros on this meal, but expect them to be pretty moderate.

69pyia98z26i.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    Air-fried Sweet potatoes, Salmon patties and salad
  • snowflake954
    Fish cakes and homemade cream of celery soup with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • nataliecg926
    nataliecg926 Posts: 82 Member
    Cashew pork stir fry on jasmine rice on Tuesday:
    2dblco9cvmd6.jpg

and I splurged yesterday and had barbeque striploin and baked potato, with (a bit burnt oops) roasted green beans and carrots:
    i77v5dcnuly0.jpg

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Low Calorie Baked Chimichangas, rice, and salad
  • snowflake954
    Risotto with cream (I buy a low fat version), EVOO, grated zucchini, white wine, broth, baby shrimp, and freshly grated PR.
  • snowflake954
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Risotto with cream (I buy a low fat version), EVOO, grated zucchini, white wine, broth, baby shrimp, and freshly grated PR.

I would be so happy to be a guest at your dinners. I so mean it.
    But that will have to wait a bit :)

Sweetie--if I make it through this, you have a standing invitation to swing by Rome and I'll introduce you to the best eating you've ever had! Coming from you that is a great compliment. I know you are a fantastic and creative cook. I'm just a housewife.
  • snowflake954

Sweetie--if I make it through this, you have a standing invitation to swing by Rome and I'll introduce you to the best eating you've ever had! Coming from you that is a great compliment. I know you are a fantastic and creative cook. I'm just a housewife.

Nahhhhhhh dont think that. You being the house wife are the fantastic and creative cook. You do whatever it takes to please the people you cook for. I just cook for myself.

And FYI.... because of your posts, I cook more pasta dishes now.

Nahhhhhhh dont think that. You being the house wife are the fantastic and creative cook. You do whatever it takes to please the people you cook for. I just cook for myself.

And FYI.... because of your posts, I cook more pasta dishes now.

I cook for 4 Italian men and they are very picky. They criticize now and again, but that keeps me on my toes. Italians are used to eating very well.
  • snowflake954
    Spaghetti with scampi (a small lobster like, or crayfish like shellfish--very tasty) EVOO, red pepper, white wine, broth and garlic.
  • snowflake954
    Spaghetti with scampi (a small lobster like, or crayfish like shellfish--very tasty) EVOO, red pepper, white wine, broth and garlic.

This is the most expensive seafood you can find around here, if you can find it.

It was on sale and I had to stand in line 45min to enter the grocery store. I could see that they were fresh--small though. I'm simmering the leftover shells and heads right now to make a future risotto. I paid €9.90 a kilo or around $5 a pound. The whole apartment smells like scampi and garlic. :D
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Roast chicken drumsticks with veggies