Things people say when you tell them you're veg...

124»

Replies

• orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 108 Member

A friend of mine answers that one by saying that Genesis implies Adam and Eve were vegan in the garden of Eden :)

In fact very true. I’m a Christian and a vegan. I have had other Christians give me funny looks when I say I am. I openly tell them that in book of Genesis, before the fall of man god told Adam and Eve that they food was to be plants.

I have been ask a few times “where you you get your iron intake from?”

• chelleedub
    chelleedub Posts: 59 Member
    My thoughtless best friend who eats meat EVERY TIME I SEE HER: "I'm mostly vegan." She's insecure and the most competitive person I know.
  • VictoriaFitLife
    VictoriaFitLife Posts: 36 Member
    The one I hear ALL THE TIME, "But you eat fish, right?" No, I don't. That would make me a pescatarian. Vegans and vegetarians don't eat fish.

Or vice versa, "I'm a vegetarian too, but I eat seafood." 🤪 Come on people 🤦
  • chelleedub
    “Plants feel pain.”
    Well shoot, guess I’ll just go back to eating animals AND plants. Or maybe just stop eating.

Or justifying eating meat with, "Well, soy kills forests." Or, "tractors kill field mice." Um, 75% of soy is eaten by livestock, which is eaten by people. Also, you could not eat tofu, or not eat "evil" tofu. Second, the point of veganism/vegetarianism is to be a better person; not to be a perfect person. No one is a perfect person.
  • chelleedub
    It is scientific fact that our bodies are not designed to only eat fruit and vegetables. And I believe in science not hocus pocus like you.

I have a snarky response to this, but I won't share it, because I don't want to inadvertently offend anyone. But ugh, why are people so rude. :neutral:
  • anyplants_losingit
    anyplants_losingit Posts: 6 Member
    I laughed so much to most of your answers - SOO true and get it all the time ahah

I often get
    'Oh of course you can eat it! It has REALLY VERY LITTLE meat/egg/milk in it! Nothing will happen to you... oh come on, it's just this once'

Or

'You can just eat AROUND the meat'

😅
  • chelleedub

😅

This one really irks me. Especially when I know it contains meat broth.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,314 Member
    I laughed so much to most of your answers - SOO true and get it all the time ahah

I often get
    'Oh of course you can eat it! It has REALLY VERY LITTLE meat/egg/milk in it! Nothing will happen to you... oh come on, it's just this once'

Or

😅

I would counter act that if it is a person who is heterosexual for example with a guy
    "Do you casually interact with other men in the nude if they say "C'MON. It's only a LITTLE homosexual if we don't do EVERYTHING." IJS lol sometimes you gotta draw a line to keep your sense of self.
  • msannarichey
    msannarichey Posts: 18 Member
    "The human body is designed to eat meat."
    "I couldn't live without bacon!"
    "I'm mostly vegetarian - I eat chicken instead of beef."

It's soooo exhausting sometimes. Plus all the headaches from slapping my forehead 😂
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,490 Member
    eminater wrote: »
    The weirdest one I heard .... "If animals weren't meant to be eaten, they wouldn't have evolved to be so TASTY!"

OMG - I finally found where my ONE disagree reaction came from! It's from posting in this group :sweat:

4.7k likes, and 1 disagree. ... I'm a bit heartbroken over this tbh! Someone did say that to me, and it was weird. I know I am being overly-sensitive but I really try not to be provocative or rude online. And being a vegan posting in a "Happy Herbivores" group got me my one disagree :neutral:
    u6gqfxhcb4yx.png
  • msannarichey
    msannarichey Posts: 18 Member
    The weirdest one I heard .... "If animals weren't meant to be eaten, they wouldn't have evolved to be so TASTY!"

OMG - I finally found where my ONE disagree reaction came from! It's from posting in this group :sweat:

4.7k likes, and 1 disagree. ... I'm a bit heartbroken over this tbh! Someone did say that to me, and it was weird. I know I am being overly-sensitive but I really try not to be provocative or rude online. And being a vegan posting in a "Happy Herbivores" group got me my one disagree :neutral:
    u6gqfxhcb4yx.png

It's weird because it's not like your comment was controversial - at least not in this group 😂 Maybe it was a click mistake?
  • IJP2019
    IJP2019 Posts: 37 Member
    I am vegan and have been for nearly 3 years.
    I get things like...
    I like hunting too much.
    I only eat meat that I hunt (I live in a big city and so do they)
    Oh l love my dog/cat so much!
    I love bacon
    What would you do if you were stuck on a deserted island?
    What would you do if you lived in the forest?
    You must be iron deficient. I have low iron, I could never be vegan.
    Vegan mock meats give me heartburn
    Plant based meats are so bad for you, they’re full of chemicals. (Because that’s all we eat...)
    Good luck building muscle with vegetables
    What do you eat salad?
    ..and the idea that I am a softy because I am vegan. You can’t be tough if you’re vegan.

In reality I have built more muscle on a vegan diet in my 40’s than I did in my 20’s.
    It could be that I am more focused about diet and resistence trainjng than I was in my 20’s though....it was too long ago to remember the exact intensity I worked out in my 20’s.
  • ssurvivor
    ssurvivor Posts: 152 Member
    My "favorite" was "that's just some BS invented by western women who want to be skinny"

I blocked him immediately after that.