March Mindfulness Challenge 2020

Options

Replies

• amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Had a full week of hitting all my goals (carbs, protein and calories) and stayed very mindful of my planning, movement and eating. Then I got to last night and ate cookies and protein bars. Granted they were all low carb, so it wasn’t the food, just the amount. This morning I got up and felt horrible on all levels. Did some housework then forced myself back to the gym as scheduled. Somehow I had a great work out, followed by an extended walk to get groceries for dinner. No more cookies or protein bars in the house for me. Out of sight out of mind. Moving forward!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    3/11 Did pretty good the last two days. Have decided that I am to be mindful of eating when not really hungry and when hungry, eating past satisfaction. If I can achieve mindfulness in those two areas, I believe the carb/cal thing will fall into place naturally. (At least that's my plan for now. :)
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @supergal3, that's a great plan for all of us, me especially to eat when hungry and not past being satisfied. #ruffles & # oreos.

Keep up the good work
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for March 10

1. Mindful exercise daily. In addition to treadmill during my lunch, I went on a smaller walk/run after supper last night. I had not had the chance to do that yet d/t weather issues. Not the best plan when having just eaten 7 oz of hamburger. It felt like a heavy pit in my stomach. I'll have to rethink that for the future
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. Right at goal
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. Appropriately under
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. The higher carbs of yesterday have not seemed to hurt me so far.

March is marching on quickly!
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Wow, I haven’t checked in in forever. I have 3 different sets of visitors this month, so it’s a bit hectic. Today and yesterday right on track. Good on carbs and calories and mindfulness on 8 and9, but exercise was down. Just some walking, no weights. Oh well. Onward!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Mar. 10-11 check in:
    Mindfulness is slipping the last few days and my portions are not being managed. I need to follow @supergal3 lead and only eat if hungry and stop when full. Why does this sound so damn logical but is so hard in practice??

Being more present at home will soon become literal for me. My work schedule is about to change so I get more quality time with DH. The rest of the month will really need mindfulness to keep pounds from creeping back on.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for March 11

1. Mindful exercise daily. Treadmilling every day, hope weather is nice for the weekend so I can get outside
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. under goal
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. Appropriately under
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. Looking good so far

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    -Mindful logging.
    -NEAT: I've been just scraping by with "enough" but I know I could get more.
    -Be present more while eating and slow down. No more multitask-eating!
    -Overall increased mindfulness. When I'm tired or frustrated or overwhelmed I tend to hunker down in a foxhole. I need to keep aware.

I'm doing pretty well though still having to force NEAT. But getting it done. Def slowing down and tasting my food and feeling a little more satisfied as a result.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    3/10-11
    Move with purpose 20 min/day - nope
    More protein than fat - yep
    NEAT - not bad but could be better
    No alarm snooze - terrible I find myself not even realizing I'm hitting the snooze after the initial alarm. I think I need to set my coffee pot the night before so the smell will wake me.

All week I've been eating all the breakfast/lunch/snacks I packed by 12:00 because I've been hungry. But after lunch I'm good for the rest of the workday. I'm learning not to care about when I eat and being happy that whatever I packed is satisfying me in the end.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Wed was good - food good, workouts good, goal digging win!
  • taylok23
    Options
    Mar 12 check in:
    Today was much more mindful for eating but I waited too long for dinner and now feel too full. Had stuff going on that prevented eating earlier so I’ll have to watch that in future. I haven’t felt very present at home tonight so will work on that for the next few hours and tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Thursday was good - food and workouts mostly on target...I did have a snickerdoodle thing going on...and I took a bath in the evening, it was so awesome!!!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    3/13 So far so good with my current plan. Will not step on scale for awhile as it takes time for that machine to kick in. :) Mindful of being hungry vs just liking the taste of something seems to be helping. Time will tell in the long run. Went to library for Beck book but living in small town Virginia doesn't help. None of her books anywhere in my county! May look online for a used edition.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    60 yo 5'4"
    Starting weight 145
    Current weight 139.6
    Goal weight 130
    weight loss goal for March: 5 pounds (5 pounds down and the month is only half over)

Goals:
    1) to work up to over 40 ounces of water on all days (almost all days)
    2) to weigh and log all of my food (most day) Still mindful of what I am eating
    3) to exercise in some fashion every day (6 out of 7 days, I danced)
    4) to be more mindful in my eating and exercise (have been enjoying both much more)
    5) weekly check ins (and here I am)

I knew I had a good week and couldn't wait to weigh in. It has been a good week.

Namaste, Kristine
  • taylok23
    Options
    Friday through Monday is going to be a cheat weekend. I’ve Ben carnivore for 5 weeks with no cheats and really don’t have any urge to. However hubs brought home a peanut butter pie for my birthday for the two of us so I’ll work on it and be done! Otherwise I plan to stick with my normal meat routine and plenty of exercise.
  • taylok23
    Options
    Weekend check in:
    I’ve made it through the weekend of pie and cauliflower crust pizza and am ready to be back on plan. My body reacted just as I expected- it totally didn’t want sugar and carbs. I’ll stay off the scale til my Friday check in but imagine I didn’t do too much damage. I took the week off from HIIT exercise so I’ll be starting that back today with short runs. Totally ready to finish the month off strong!
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What a crazy time for everyone with the pandemic. My husband and I are staying at our cabin, 250km away from the city. He is working remotely and I am being quiet :)
    I tend to be an emotional eater and have been battling binge eating. I have none of the typical trigger foods in the house, but keep feeling drawn to Pinterest which badly wants me to cook all things binge inducing! The weather is keeping us inside for now. Thankfully I am well provisioned with healthy food. I have been working very hard to recognize how fortunate I am on so many levels and amidst all the true struggles around the globe right now, I am merely inconvenienced.
    Stay safe and healthy everyone.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    I agree that we are going thru a wild time in this world. The COVID is causing such a added stress. My work is extremely busy. I am trying to keep positive and not allow stress to get the better of me.

Check in for March 12, 13, 14, and 15.

1. Mindful exercise daily. Good exercise both on treadmill and outside except for Sunday. Got together with family so lots of riding in car and sitting. When I got home, I was too tired.
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. pretty good except for Sunday, wow a mini blizzard has a lot of carbs!
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. not bad, still under
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. doing well, actually I'm almost there.

Hope everyone has enough toilet paper. That was the first to sell out around here, even before food.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    3/12-3/16 check in
    Move with purpose 20 min/day - 4/5
    More protein than fat -pretty good
    NEAT - 3/5 good days
    No alarm snooze- I think I need to change the setting to a louder sound. The current one is not helping me change this habit.

With the COVID19 culture causing daily changes, we took the opportunity to have dinner out with 2 other couples on Sat for one last time for a while then I went outlet shopping with a friend Sunday. No crowds, no panic and I picked up some necessities. Got word last night to work from home for the week and that will likely get extended to end of the month.

Be well everyone.
This discussion has been closed.