Pizelles great cookie and low calorie
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Pizelles great cookie and low calorie

good as a sandwich for ice cream!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited March 2020
    Egg salad. I don't eat it a lot, but this being Lent and all it's made a return to my lunch rotation. 'Tis good.
  • pancakerunner
    Egg salad. I don't eat it a lot, but this being Lent and all it's made a return to my lunch rotation. 'Tis good.

I can't do egg, macaroni or potato salads... ahhhh
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Since we are talking salads....... crab salad.

CRAB salad though... and tuna salad. Love them.
  • stephaniezinone
    stephaniezinone Posts: 22 Member
    I think iceberg lettuce is underrrated. I love a creamy dressing and iceberg lettuce holds up nicely to a creamy dressing. Yes, low in nutrition but refreshing and crispy.

Also, plantain. It’s a great alternative to potato/sweet potato/rice or any other starchy carbohydrate you may eat. You can boil it, fry it, bake it and it’s relatively low calorie.
  • pancakerunner
    I think iceberg lettuce is underrrated. I love a creamy dressing and iceberg lettuce holds up nicely to a creamy dressing. Yes, low in nutrition but refreshing and crispy.

Also, plantain. It’s a great alternative to potato/sweet potato/rice or any other starchy carbohydrate you may eat. You can boil it, fry it, bake it and it’s relatively low calorie.

I like shredded iceberg on tacos. Also a nice wedge salad is good!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

Iceberg is my favorite kind of lettuce! I use it on wraps, salads, everything. Romaine is a close second.
  • pancakerunner

Iceberg is my favorite kind of lettuce! I use it on wraps, salads, everything. Romaine is a close second.

I only like shredded or wedges of it! Haha. I don't like just chopped up leaves of it.. Idk
  • pancakerunner
    Malted milk powder.
  • pancakerunner
    edited April 2020
    MUSSELS!!! Super healthy, convenient and all around amazing
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Animal crackers. You just never think of them when you’re hungry and want something sweet and good!
    But they’re filling and satisfy my sweet tooth, without making me want more.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    I think a few vegetables are underrated. Broccoli tastes way better than cauliflower and can be used for all the same things. Fennel, especially roasted with balsamic vinegar, is amazing and like a dessert. Butternut squash is awesome both savory and sweet. Of course there's one of my new favorites, the unpopular brussel sprouts also good roasted with maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Ha, mustard is another one, low calorie and great on all kinds of things.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member

You know, I like a lot of seafood and somehow managed to get to 48 without ever trying them!
  • pancakerunner
    Animal crackers. You just never think of them when you’re hungry and want something sweet and good!
    But they’re filling and satisfy my sweet tooth, without making me want more.

I agree. Also, golden oreos.
  • pancakerunner

Canned smoked are absolutely divine :)

agreed! And oysters.
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member

Love plantains!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Also love plantains. Have 4 in my refrigerator now that I have to decide how to use.

Given the shellfish discussion above, I have to note that my favorites are clams, although not canned or fried. Raw oysters are amazing. Mussels are okay too.

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Baby Ruth candy bars. I know people will always think it's "Doody!" but I'm with Carl.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Maybe. I have a recipe for a black bean stew that includes them that I want to try.
  • pancakerunner
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Also love plantains. Have 4 in my refrigerator now that I have to decide how to use.

Given the shellfish discussion above, I have to note that my favorites are clams, although not canned or fried. Raw oysters are amazing. Mussels are okay too.

I must say a bit NO to raw oysters. Tried many times and fail to see what the fuss is about. It like eating a salty snut. Not gonna fool me again.

Plantains? If green, peel, boil allow to cool, cut, smash, spray with oil and into convection oven / air fryer.
    If ripe, pure, add an egg, spread on parchment and bake.

See, I prefer raw oysters over cooked. Some lemon and vinegar. Love.