Coronavirus prep

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    amtyrell wrote: »
    lx1x wrote: »
    Got weird vm from MD senator last night.. having a online townhall q&a tonight. 😣

Like there isn't enough q&a going on all over..

I have to say in Maryland Hogan has been doing a great job keeping Maryland informed.

Yeah.. practically doing a daily briefing since the first case.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Had a bosses like that once most are understanding but you get that one
    dip-bleeps who threaten to fire you even when your so sick the toilets as far as you can go. I found leaving that job for another was always the end result even after fighting to stay. The next job was better every time
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Oh no. Some study says infectious period might be over 14 days
    http://hill.cm/xvRwxWK
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Duke & UNC are going strictly online classes, and new cases announced, bringing our total to 12. Seriously starting to question my decision to work in healthcare, when clearly there are many other things I am able to do.

We are in the same area--Cary, NC. Our friends were the "parents" who were just tested but turned out negative--they closed their daughter's school for a day just in case. My husband works at Duke in research, and they are talking about essential/nonessential employees, and whether or not he can work from home for a while. I'm not sure where you work, or what your job is (Dr, nurse?), but I wish you good health while this all plays out!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Re hotels and Disney if can't get money back yet wait they might decide over next few weeks to start letting people get refunded or change reservations to next year spring break
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Costco lines on a Thursday morning here in NYC....

upqlsv7no7lh.jpg

Everyone has paper towels :smiley:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    After last night's address the gym was pretty empty this morning. :|
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Costco lines on a Thursday morning here in NYC....

upqlsv7no7lh.jpg

Everyone has paper towels :smiley:

But no TP here :laugh:
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Kaitie9399 wrote: »
    My school district is closing tomorrow to give the teachers time to prepare 3 weeks worth of online lessons for our students. It's interesting that my perspective changed so quickly from 'why are people panicking?' to, 'hmmm, is my family ready for this?' My answer is yes, we're ready and I think that my school is probably going to close sometime next week. The cases of Covid are creeping closer and closer to home. Calm on the outside for my students, worried on the inside.

I think we are headed that direction. One private middle/high school is closing for a week starting today to deep clean and then evaluate when to reopen. My husband and I have a toddler, so even though we are allowed to telework when necessary, not much work would get done at home. I'm worried about how much support I would receive at work because most of my colleagues are retirement age or at least have kids in high school who are able to be at home unsupervised and can self-entertain.

Yesterday our state had the first reported cases and there was rush on all of the stores. Every grocery store we passed driving home had a packed parking lot. I'm just hoping there is still food and basic supplies left when I do my usual Friday grocery shopping.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Kaitie9399 wrote: »
    My school district is closing tomorrow to give the teachers time to prepare 3 weeks worth of online lessons for our students. It's interesting that my perspective changed so quickly from 'why are people panicking?' to, 'hmmm, is my family ready for this?' My answer is yes, we're ready and I think that my school is probably going to close sometime next week. The cases of Covid are creeping closer and closer to home. Calm on the outside for my students, worried on the inside.

I think we are headed that direction. One private middle/high school is closing for a week starting today to deep clean and then evaluate when to reopen. My husband and I have a toddler, so even though we are allowed to telework when necessary, not much work would get done at home. I'm worried about how much support I would receive at work because most of my colleagues are retirement age or at least have kids in high school who are able to be at home unsupervised and can self-entertain.

Yesterday our state had the first reported cases and there was rush on all of the stores. Every grocery store we passed driving home had a packed parking lot. I'm just hoping there is still food and basic supplies left when I do my usual Friday grocery shopping.
    We're going this afternoon (just to top up some stuff, not a massive stock-up, as we already have a good pantry and freezer available). I also hope it's not madness. We're going to Aldi, so maybe it won't be as crazy.